Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I love the dichotomy of a tag team cage match. One (good guy generally) escapes and celebrates only to realise they've left their partner on their own.

Matt and Jeff we're great at it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How many people do the Canadian Destroyer these days?
    I remember when Petey Williams was the only one I saw do it and it was a cool looking finisher.
    Now I see it pretty often, including the variation by Adam Cole and Dustin Rhodes that starts with the guy jumping from the ropes to land with the opponents head between the legs before doing the Destroyer. Cena has even done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How many people do the Canadian Destroyer these days?
    I remember when Petey Williams was the only one I saw do it and it was a cool looking finisher.
    Now I see it pretty often, including the variation by Adam Cole and Dustin Rhodes that starts with the guy jumping from the ropes to land with the opponents head between the legs before doing the Destroyer. Cena has even done it.

Ricky F*cking Morton of the Rock and Roll Express did it a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Yup the Canadian destroyer is everywhere now.
    Just like how Shawn Michaels superkick was emulated a gizillion times over the last 20 years.

Thing about the destroyer is it's an easy move to hit. Just an extended version of a sunset. So everyone instantly knows the mechanics.

Yup the Canadian destroyer is everywhere now.
    Just like how Shawn Michaels superkick was emulated a gizillion times over the last 20 years.

Thing about the destroyer is it's an easy move to hit. Just an extended version of a sunset. So everyone instantly knows the mechanics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J__WxO60TH8

This, purely for the 0:07 second mark look of life choice questioning going on in that dudes face

• Advertisement

Thing about the destroyer is it's an easy move to hit.

It's a hard move to take though!

brianblaze wrote: »
    It's a hard move to take though!

More so weird than hard.
    Going backwards over your neck feels weird.
    But you just plant off his thighs, sail back and do it 100 miles per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,567 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Elias is starting to morph into the jack up Macho Man.

Just reading up that Davey boy was only 39 when he died and that he was with Bruce Harts estranged wife Andrea at the time.

She held a funeral for him as did the Hart family. Bret attended both.

It's insane to think Davey and Eddie Guerrero didn't even see the 40 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just reading up that Davey boy was only 39 when he died and that he was with Bruce Harts estranged wife Andrea at the time.

She held a funeral for him as did the Hart family. Bret attended both.

It's insane to think Davey and Eddie Guerrero didn't even see the 40 mark.

Yeah I listen to his daughters podcast and she was talking about it. She was saying that he have. They have very little of his wrestling stuff because the woman he was with had it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭ThePott

If the rules of the Rumble are so obsessive that both feet must touch the ground. Doesn't that mean that technically if Zach Gowen was in the Rumble he could never lose.

ThePott wrote: »
    If the rules of the Rumble are so obsessive that both feet must touch the ground. Doesn't that mean that technically if Zach Gowen was in the Rumble he could never lose.

I know trying to apply logic to something to wrestling is daft at times, but did zach gowen actually get into the ring ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I know trying to apply logic to something to wrestling is daft at times, but did zach gowen actually get into the ring ?

Didn't Vince put him in a match against the Big Show and call it a "real handicap match"

Didn't Vince put him in a match against the Big Show and call it a "real handicap match"

He might have but I don't remember the real handicap match part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think he had a few, no? He's certainly wrestled since.
    Regardless think there might be a Rumble loophole there :pac:

I think he had a few, no? He's certainly wrestled since.

He wrestled Vince McMahon on a PPV as well

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Officer999

He wrestled Vince McMahon on a PPV as well

Have a memory of him getting destroyed by Brock too

Officer999 wrote: »
    Have a memory of him getting destroyed by Brock too

f5 into the ring post ?

Be funny to see Keith Lee pounce someone through a table, like literally do the shoulder block then they go flying trough the table on their own

I wondered this before but they had the guy with no legs get eliminated from the AEW battle royal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Apollo Crews and Tony Nesse would make a good tag team. Big dudes with flashy style

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sirsok wrote: »
    Apollo Crews and Tony Nesse would make a good tag team. Big dudes with flashy style

But zero personality.

Give em a manager and hey Presto!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Call them Ebony & Ivory and have Malcolm Bivens be their mouthpiece.

With last nights result,
    that now ties IWW and NWA: Ireland with Royal Rumble winning alumnus. (Given how often Drew was over here back in the day! He can be claimed in a British tabloid/ Irish sports personaility way)

^ it's interesting to think that the core guys all came from the early Irish days. From 2002 - 2006. Like when they were cutting their teeth.

^ it's interesting to think that the core guys all came from the early Irish days. From 2002 - 2006. Like when they were cutting their teeth.

Including Joe in that too!

brianblaze wrote: »
    Including Joe in that too!

True.
    You could argue it takes years to get experience and up to a level so that's why aforementioned guys are on top right now.

Or you just just say they had something others did not. As it's quite weird to think those core guys from that time are the only ones who have reached that level. Even Jordan Devlin is among that time.

With all the wrestlers, all the Irish promotions that come and gone you think you would have a lot more guys out there doing much more.

With the Rumble last night, I'm trying to remember what was it where the fans kept counting down and doing the buzzer noise? Was it for beat the clock?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    With the Rumble last night, I'm trying to remember what was it where the fans kept counting down and doing the buzzer noise? Was it for beat the clock?

Ziegler and Rollins iron man match. Every time the clock went dpwn to 10 seconds crowd did the countdown and buzzing noise.

They eventually took it off screen

Advertisement