Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Jordan Devlin is better than Finn Balor

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When was the last time a team or faction have been together as long as New Day? Just looking it up and they've been together since 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When was the last time a team or faction have been together as long as New Day? Just looking it up and they've been together since 2014

Horsemen? Never mind, too many itterations!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so when we getting the Edge WWE 24/Chroncile etc

This feels a little bittersweet now esp with the excellent send off he got back in 2011. Amazing song though

80% of the guys ive seen at inside the ropes events here have returned to the ring after saying to us on the night they wont. HBK and Edge im looking at you. Goldberg was never retired and Bret Hart cant ever perform again sadly

Id hope Edge and Bryan will just fade into retirement this time round instead of another big send off. Happy for both guys and long may there returns last injurie free

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Bret Hart cant ever perform again sadly

Didn't stop him trying (and failing) a few years ago in that terribly booked mess with Vince

• Advertisement

Styles injured apparently

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Styles injured apparently

Separated shoulder when edge speared him. I spotted it live he landed awkwardly from the bump and struggled after that.

Poor Karl Anderson had no idea what was going on when Edge eliminated him.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Loughc wrote: »
    Separated shoulder when edge speared him. I spotted it live he landed awkwardly from the bump and struggled after that.

Poor Karl Anderson had no idea what was going on when Edge eliminated him.

I watched it live and rewatched it today and yes he rotates more than normal on the spear and as you say Loughc it wasn't the most graceful landing but I've seen wrestlers land awkward and be fine.

You can see him grab his shoulder and then is in the corner and then goes over to edge and obviously tells him the aubidle they had to pull. I can understand why Karl Anderson looked confused because the rumble match is planned out like a macho man match and he probably had a reference point to when AJ was being eliminated and then to see him go over the top rope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭ThePott

You could tell straight away alright that he over rotated and landed badly. Hope he's not out till Mania, him and Edge was actually a match up I'd like to see.

Wish the rumours of Edge hadn't been prominent. Could you imagine if no one had heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,567 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just keep Edge away from Seth we don't need what happened to Sting happen to Edge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭ThePott

Well there's rumours about Sting doing the rounds now too.

Saudi money can fix any injury :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Saudi money can fix any injury :)

Except for that time I could have played for county if it wasn’t for my knee.

ThePott wrote: »
    Well there's rumours about Sting doing the rounds now too.

Apparently going to be in a Saudi match and it's not going to be with taker

Seriously what's the point in bringing him back and not doing that programme

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i wonder if the current upturn in raw is linked to vince letting the leash go a little bit as hes busy with the XFL too

doesnt explain smackdown tho

Apparently going to be in a Saudi match and it's not going to be with taker

Seriously what's the point in bringing him back and not doing that programme

So he can lose to Bray?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

True.
    You could argue it takes years to get experience and up to a level so that's why aforementioned guys are on top right now.

Or you just just say they had something others did not. As it's quite weird to think those core guys from that time are the only ones who have reached that level. Even Jordan Devlin is among that time.

With all the wrestlers, all the Irish promotions that come and gone you think you would have a lot more guys out there doing much more.

Anyone who gets there, like anyone who’s hugely successful in any field, has to have an insane work ethic and a champion’s mentality. Sheamus, Balor and Becky were the clear standouts of that generation, they had all the tools and gave a roadmap to others for how they could achieve it.

Jordan was around back then but he even says himself a lot of the work that got him to where he is today was done in the ‘OTT era’, it’s what re-invigorated him and drove him to have the insane work ethic and massive leaps in skill that’s led to his recent success. You’re now starting to see that era mature and start to get those results: Valkyrie has been signed, Michael May and Debbie Keitel also recently appeared on NXT UK, Martina is debuting on ROH and wrestled for Stardom, Scotty Davis is starting to do some stuff in Japan, Raven also got a tryout. Then you’ve got the likes of MTH who are due something big any day now. Then there’s the next generation coming through with Flamboyant Fabio, Justin Daniels, Callum Black etc.

This generation is currently on track to be way more successful than the OGs, it just takes time because you need to earn your stripes at every stage (Balor had to start out as a young boy in NJPW, Becky worked for Shimmer for years, Sheamus had to go to All Star and through FCW before getting signed properly). For example, we all knew Devlin was one of the best in the world a year or two ago and it’s only starting to reap material rewards now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

these are some big lads

but trainees of the great khali is hilarious to me

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1222187626427572224?s=20

sky88 wrote: »
    these are some big lads

but trainees of the great khali is hilarious to me

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1222187626427572224?s=20

not many of these giant guys actually make other than maybe appearing at a royal rumble type match in saudi

Sometimes there size is a hindrance and simply dont have the movements to make it in the ring

Seriously how fast did those 9 years go since Edge retired.

Honestly it only feels like 4/5 years ago since he gave that speech not a decade ago.

• Advertisement

How so did the criteria change for edge ??

A lot of us said it here after Bryan got cleared that Edge could possibly be asking questions .

Sting and Paige could be asking questions too

Anyone else 'medically disqualified' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It is strange how there is no authority figures on both RAW and Smackdown nowadays.

I have to say Johnny Ace was last GM that I really enjoyed.

Didn't Christian silently retire due to similar problems as Edge?

I think Christian retirement was down to concussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

The much maligned IWW has 2 Rumble winners in its alumnus now. Not bad for a promotion which became an absolute joke. But they had a golden era from about 2005-2007/8 which saw some serious talent shipped in to compliment their own home made stars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

How so did the criteria change for edge ??

A lot of us said it here after Bryan got cleared that Edge could possibly be asking questions .

Sting and Paige could be asking questions too

Anyone else 'medically disqualified' ?

Sting is rumoured to come back for a Saudi show

The CM Punk coming back to wrestling TV hype died a death very quickly nobody really cares about his thoughts on wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sting is rumoured to come back for a Saudi show

The chap is 60 ffs

When they were showing the clip on Raw of Edge returning at the Rumble, I was thinking "What would the reaction have been if Punk had come out instead". By that I mean Edge's music starts, everyone reacts, then Punk appears. I think people would be very confused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The CM Punk coming back to wrestling TV hype died a death very quickly nobody really cares about his thoughts on wrestling.

He has taken to analyst like he took to MMA.

Advertisement