Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Ah now come on Justin Roberts isn't the worst. Guess you guys don't watch indy wrestling :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

mamma mia

Mauro Ranallo is great on commentary but my god he can be irritating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Mario is a great commentary but my god he can be irritating

He's good if he has Luigi on colour with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They had him before but he was a bit too green.

Mauro sometimes gives the others an opening by directing a question or comment towards them. Though was one point last week where he started by addressing Beth but then he wouldn't shut up to let her give any input

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Love or hate Mauro, he has one thing at least.... a voice thats not generic.

God what Vince sees in the like of Tom Phillips Ill never no blandy mcbland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Oddly I preferred Mauro on main roster which is rare for any commentators

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

WWE missed a trick by not premiering the WWE "THUNDERDOME" at Summerslam instead of Smackdown.

Shows just how important TV ratings are to them at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I agree. TV ratings are in the toliet and Id say theres more pressure from Fox execs

Looking back this is mental and only a few years removed from when we got super john who loved helping charity's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Abadon is everything Bray Wyatt should be but isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭savemejebus

4_MAND_08132020jg_0111--cc748bf963c82256229a83c17f579aac.jpg

Anyone else think she's channeling the late great Owen Hart in this gear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think she's channelling a default CAW template from the old Smackdown games.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I think she's channelling a default CAW template from the old Smackdown games.

still wouldn't say no though ha

PTH2009 wrote: »
    still wouldn't say no though ha

I would. Little mark on her left elbow.

4/10. Joking, obviously.

Not a great photo of her. I want even sure it was her at first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not a great photo of her. I want even sure it was her at first

What michael cole has is spreading I see. I mean she's hasn't changed that much. She's cut her hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Who she?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Had a funny and random thought today about the idea of a wrestler dressing up as the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man as a comedy gimmick. The way it would work is that he would cause mayhem and attack people at random, run interference during matches and basically act a little bit like Mr Blobby. The costume would also make him immune to physical damage so he would basically no sell every move used against him. His standard finisher would be a diving body splash off the top rope and signature moves would be a body avalanche and the Axe bomber.

I know it's a stupid idea and I don't know why I started thinking of that but it's just a random thought I had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Had a funny and random thought today about the idea of a wrestler dressing up as the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man as a comedy gimmick. The way it would work is that he would cause mayhem and attack people at random, run interference during matches and basically act a little bit like Mr Blobby. The costume would also make him immune to physical damage so he would basically no sell every move used against him. His standard finisher would be a diving body splash off the top rope and signature moves would be a body avalanche and the Axe bomber.

I know it's a stupid idea and I don't know why I started thinking of that but it's just a random thought I had.

Cocaine, it's a hell of a drug. Just be happy you didn't put that into your family WhatsApp group.

Five years ago tonight nxt Brooklyn happened and we got that amazing match between Sasha banks and bayley.

• Advertisement

WWE2K video games actually look and feel more real than the actual real wrestling with the video screen backdrops and fake crowd sounds of ThunderDome.

Finn has some...unique...tattoos.

dn9m5lshxti51.jpg

Asuka getting paid that noodle money...

qw1jodbjmvi51.jpg

Yeah, that's how you get your champion to be taken seriously as soon as she wins the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

WWE2K video games actually look and feel more real than the actual real wrestling with the video screen backdrops and fake crowd sounds of ThunderDome.

No, no they don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

except wwe 2k20, which is a bag of ****e

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    except wwe 2k20, which is a bag of ****e

Wait till they get Keith Lee to do a glitch gimmick where he just keeps walking into the turnbuckle when he gets called up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wait till they get Keith Lee to do a glitch gimmick where he just keeps walking into the turnbuckle when he gets called up.

It’s just Lee now.

So after last night Sasha banks is now 0-5 in singles title defences in over five years on the main roster. She unlike Charlotte, Becky, and bayley hasn’t won a match at Wrestlemania and hasn’t won money in the bank. Charlotte and becky have won the royal rumble. Only for the tag titles Sasha would have no successful title defences full stop.

You’d wonder why this is the case and how even bayley and Becky have far passed her when Sasha was far ahead in nxt.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So after last night Sasha banks is now 0-5 in singles title defences in over five years on the main roster. She unlike Charlotte, Becky, and bayley hasn’t won a match at Wrestlemania and hasn’t won money in the bank. Charlotte and becky have won the royal rumble. Only for the tag titles Sasha would have no successful title defences full stop.

You’d wonder why this is the case and how even bayley and Becky have far passed her when Sasha was far ahead in nxt.

They don't see her as the star that a vocal minority on the internet do. The only reason her and Bayley are in the spot they're in now is because the first teamers, Becky and Charlotte, are out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Itssoeasy wrote: »

I would of said Sasha will win at Mania next year, but that's an assumption based on her being in the Title picture.

The way things are right now I'd imagine it'll be any of Charlotte, Ronda, Baszler or Jax. Looks like Asuka is getting her due now before dropping pre Mania season. For a company that has the women's roster that they have, that's pretty appalling.

Have to say I haven't thought much of Sasha and Bayley's run but I don't think you can name anyone in WWE that has had a good run since the pandemic. Maybe Drew at a stretch. It's an awful gimmick they've been landed with.

Advertisement