Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I remember seeing a photo of Taker and Ricky Hatton and it shocked me. I took for granted just how big these fcukers are. Considering how agile Taker was it was amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What’s nearly more surprising to me is how tiny the women are in real life.

montyrebel wrote: »
    i met a few wrestlers years ago, sheer size of them is impressive but what stood out for me was Ezekiel Jackson stopping to sign autographs, he had a bunch of bananas in his hand easily 6/7 on the bunch, he put them in his armpit while he took pictures and signed.

and there is no way you could tell they were there, his arms were just that big he made them disappear

Started re watching LU and Ezekiel was great in it he had something about him he was on big man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What’s nearly more surprising to me is how tiny the women are in real life.

The majority of women in wwe for example aren’t Sasha and AJ size but yeah it does seem that watching them on TV isn’t a good representation of any wrestlers size.

Anyway I was rewatching one of my favourite WMs ever in 19 last night and I know I’m watching this nearly 2 decades after the fact but if the match with the rock hadn’t been Austin’s last match the tank was running low so he wasn’t long for in ring action.

Also, im even more impressed at Brock as a rookie and how well he protected angle given his neck was in shocking condition. And poor Brock hasn’t an clue where he is after the shooting star press.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Randomly thought about that Reddit user dolphins1925 who used to spoil WWE ppvs from years ago :pac: It's gas looking back. He was just looking at the money going on with the betting odds. I reckon wrestlers and production staff still be placing bets :p

Kind of mental to take bets on a predetermined sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ruby with a "normal" makeover...

mp081u6iqql51.jpg

Suits her! Don't think it's permanent though.
    Randomly thought about that Reddit user dolphins1925 who used to spoil WWE ppvs from years ago :pac: It's gas looking back. He was just looking at the money going on with the betting odds. I reckon wrestlers and production staff still be placing bets :p

Kind of mental to take bets on a predetermined sport.

It's fun to do for the Rumble. Really gets you invested in someone winning it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Trying to think who she resembles. Definitely wouldn't be long term considering the amount of tattoo covering involved.

Speaking of makeup, was just looking her up with no makeup based on that first photo and saw this

https://wwe-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/WWENM.jpg

Gallery here. Maybe no makeup but they do look photoshopped or it's the lighting

https://www.wwe.com/gallery/raw-beauty-wwe-superstar-no-makeup-photos#fid-40470274

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Still a while to go but think Big E for the rumble win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Trying to think who she resembles.

D0D8gsvV4AIoDi7.jpg:large

After being made over I mean. Without the makeover she always reminds me of Richard Harmon. After the makeover she actually looks a bit like Erica Cerra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

With the regular cringet Fury/ McIntyre banter on twitter, are they building towards some sort of Saudi match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

TimesArrow wrote: »
    With the regular cringet Fury/ McIntyre banter on twitter, are they building towards some sort of Saudi match?

Fury v McIntyre has potential. Fury can be a great celeb wrestler if hes allowed to by his people. Lots of charidma and can actually talk. I wont hold his feud with Braun against him, but Id say Drew could make a good feud with him.

They should hold off until fams come back for that one and keep it off the Saudi show..... but using the Saudis may be the only way they can afford him and profit.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    They should hold off until fams come back for that one and keep it off the Saudi show..... but using the Saudis may be the only way they can afford him and profit.

One of the words in that line means more to WWE than the other. Can you guess what it is? Hint: It's not "fans"

I wonder is that mass murdering Irishman getting involved in someway as Fury's promoter since he has dropped back behind the scenes in the boxing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,858 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I wonder is that mass murdering Irishman getting involved in someway as Fury's promoter since he has dropped back behind the scenes in the boxing.

Before the Katie taylor fight, they announced the sponsors... One of them was a scaffold company from Ireland who seemingly don't exist...... Assumed that was him sneaking in the back door.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Before the Katie taylor fight, they announced the sponsors... One of them was a scaffold company from Ireland who seemingly don't exist...... Assumed that was him sneaking in the back door.

Youd imagine they wouldnt want to promote a fake company no?

Youd imagine they wouldnt want to promote a fake company no?

I’m sure they would happily take the money from a fake company.

Bobby Roode as a member of Retribution ??

The man suddenly disappeared, him and the hacker gone back to their home planets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

PTH2009 wrote: »

The man suddenly disappeared, him and the hacker gone back to their home planets

I think he lives in Canada and can’t get into America or he at least couldn’t for a while

PTH2009 wrote: »

Hopefully he stays missing.

• Advertisement

Hopefully he stays missing.

He's not the worst

Deff one of those whose NXT run was much better than his main roster career. The Glourious entrance was great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭ThePott

If it wasn't for his theme music he wouldn't have a character on the main roster.

Also since his theme is CFO$ maybe it's gonna be changed too.

Hes very wooden, both in character and in the ring. He was an over entrance theme.... and thats stake now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

He’s a great tag team wrestler for me and got lucky enough the theme song catching on

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I know it’s early days, but I’m starting to think Riddle isn’t going to be a main event star like many ( including myself) Thought he would be.. he seems to have it all ( looks, physique and can go in the ring) but whether it’s bad booking or not, it seems wwe don’t know what to do with him or are losing faith in him. Also, the bro schtick is already very stale and has become worse since he moved to Smackdown. I don’t think he has the ability ( right now anyway) to cut great promos to really push him on to the next level. And of course, there are the Speaking Out allegations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Sid Justice was great. Should have gone over Hogan at Mania 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Just came across an Irish youtuber called eyepatch wolf.

He has some great content but his 3 videos in wrestling are just fantastic.

My non wrestling friends couldnt believe the amount of nuances and subtleties of pro wrestling.

Well worth a watch, about half an hour each

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

TimesArrow wrote:
    I know it’s early days, but I’m starting to think Riddle isn’t going to be a main event star like many ( including myself) Thought he would be.. he seems to have it all ( looks, physique and can go in the ring) but whether it’s bad booking or not, it seems wwe don’t know what to do with him or are losing faith in him. Also, the bro schtick is already very stale and has become worse since he moved to Smackdown. I don’t think he has the ability ( right now anyway) to cut great promos to really push him on to the next level. And of course, there are the Speaking Out allegations.

Corbin even alluded to it at Payback.
    Sirsok wrote:
    Sid Justice was great. Should have gone over Hogan at Mania 8

Feel like somebody (maybe Prichard) has explained why before.

TimesArrow wrote: »

People saw how quickly he adapted to pro wrestling from an in ring stamdpoint and saw similarities between him and Angle. He is quick smooth in terms of his ability.

But Angle, as a personality is head and shoulders above him. Riddle has a long way to go.

He is hindered by this bro bollox to be fair.

• Advertisement

So is the Mysterio family WWE's answer to the Nightmare Family? :) Since they always come out together now.
    And were they trying to awkwardly tease something with Aalyah and Murphy?

Advertisement