Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I followed her on Twitter and in the couple of weeks before she died her tweets were very positive and upbeat and she seemed in a much better place than she had been for a while before that. That makes a sad situation even worse imo.

Social media cant be trusted. Everyone tries to paint the best picture of themselves but the reality behind it all is rarely so rosey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Also a lot of them it’s their managers/team that are putting out tweets for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Social media cant be trusted. Everyone tries to paint the best picture of themselves but the reality behind it all is rarely so rosey.

Well clearly it was a better picture than was the reality but I was going on how it looked at the time and there were videos from her in which she seemed more more lucid and there. But yeah it was a very sad ending. Also, her Twitter account is still active which I don’t know how others feel but to me it’s weird when the account of a dead person is still active and carrying on as if nothing happened.

Well clearly it was a better picture than was the reality but I was going on how it looked at the time and there were videos from her in which she seemed more more lucid and there. But yeah it was a very sad ending. Also, her Twitter account is still active which I don’t know how others feel but to me it’s weird when the account of a dead person is still active and carrying on as if nothing happened.

I don’t mean you are incorrect in what you say, I just mean you are only seeing what someone wants you to see or how they wish to be perceived when you are viewing their social media.

For example I have friends who like to paint a big happy family vibe on their feed when in reality they are far from happy. It’s unreal how fake social media is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Armando Alejandro Estrada was money. Shame he never really got a decent run as a manager after they inexplicably split himself and Umaga

• Advertisement

El Sueño wrote: »
    Armando Alejandro Estrada was money. Shame he never really got a decent run as a manager after they inexplicably split himself and Umaga

I dont understand WWEs view on managers. Heenan, Cornette, Fuji, Sherri, all added to most of their acts.

Why WWE ignore managers in this day and age is beyond me. Lana was perfect in her role as Rusevs mouthpiece, shes the only example of a real non wrestler being a manager I can think of in modern times main roster WWE besides Heyman.

When they do try managers, like Drake Maverick or Zelina Vega, they never keep them as just managers.

They have Stokely in NXT, a true talent, going to waste. I just dont see why they are reluctant to use managers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

El Sueño wrote: »

He was great, but he came in at a time when WWE had done away with managers. If he came in today he'd be in a better position I think.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    He was great, but he came in at a time when WWE had done away with managers. If he came in today he'd be in a better position I think.

I dont think WWE has changed that much.

Yes they had success with Ellering and AOP and to a lesser extent Bliss with Blake and Murphy, but over all they still dont use them properly.

Drake Maverick with AOP was nothing long term, Robert Stone is a joke and Bivens is wasted.

Vega and Andrade was the best example recently that worked but keep her ad as manager not a performer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

He did come back briefly to manage Tyson Kidd. That was actually quite a fun gimmick that Tyson Kidd had a new manager each week on WWE Superstars.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I dont understand WWEs view on managers. Heenan, Cornette, Fuji, Sherri, all added to most of their acts.

Why WWE ignore managers in this day and age is beyond me. Lana was perfect in her role as Rusevs mouthpiece, shes the only example of a real non wrestler being a manager I can think of in modern times main roster WWE besides Heyman.

When they do try managers, like Drake Maverick or Zelina Vega, they never keep them as just managers.

They have Stokely in NXT, a true talent, going to waste. I just dont see why they are reluctant to use managers

The reason from several people including Jim Cornette is that Vince thinks managers are “too southern” and managers in WWE for years simply walked the wrestlers to the ring. So seeing as Vince was born and raised in South Carolina, and seems hell bent on getting as far away from that past as possible, it’s not surprising he doesn’t like managers. But honestly if there was logic to what Vince McMahon thinks we should be worried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,910 ✭✭✭kksaints

The reason from several people including Jim Cornette is that Vince thinks managers are “too southern” and managers in WWE for years simply walked the wrestlers to the ring. So seeing as Vince was born and raised in South Carolina, and seems hell bent on getting as far away from that past as possible, it’s not surprising he doesn’t like managers. But honestly if there was logic to what Vince McMahon thinks we should be worried.

Isn't a slight problem aswell is sometimes that it's the manager who goes over with the fans and not the wrestler so that in the long run it doesn't really help the wrestler.

kksaints wrote: »
    Isn't a slight problem aswell is sometimes that it's the manager who goes over with the fans and not the wrestler so that in the long run it doesn't really help the wrestler.

Keep the wrestler with the manager and everyone wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Will there be a double Hall of Fame next year now I wonder inducting those named this year who didn't get in due to Covid and those who are due to go in in 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭ThePott

Maybe they could do a Hall of Fame at Wrestlemania for the 2020 Class and one at Summerslam for the 2021 Class.
    God forbid if they do a double hall of fame, one is already too long.

Two years ago today we got that great ending to raw with Becky standing on the ring steps with blood on her face due to Nia Jax being the ring general she is. I mean it did work out in the end better for Becky but it’s a pretty cool moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Two years ago today we got that great ending to raw with Becky standing on the ring steps with blood on her face due to Nia Jax being the ring general she is. I mean it did work out in the end better for Becky but it’s a pretty cool moment.

A lightning in a bottle run.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Lithium93_ wrote: »

It really was because I question if Becky was in their plans before that happened. Pure natural just like Bryan was.

I'd say Charlotte vs Ronda was the original plan.

It was but I don’t know how things would have went had she faced ronda and more then likely lost. I mean I didn’t at the time and still don’t have any confidence in WWE to have her lose and then get to the mania moment. It was a Daniel Bryan moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

It was but I don’t know how things would have went had she faced ronda and more then likely lost. I mean I didn’t at the time and still don’t have any confidence in WWE to have her lose and then get to the mania moment. It was a Daniel Bryan moment.

Could have had jealous Charlotte interfere in the match, Ronda stays undefeated, starts turning heel, gives becky something to do through to the rumble, then focus on Rousey post. Would have been brilliant actually. Ronda slowly turning naturally that the crowd desert her etc. Makes sense. Alas we got the convoluted line they took.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

You'd miss Becky. Hopefully all is going well for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Just on that, one has to laugh that of the most organic pushes in recent memory where the fans made sure it happened, Bryan and Becky, both had their runs end due to unforeseen circumstances.

Would make you really want to be in Vince's head as he processes that. Surely makes him even more certain that only his approved pushes can happen.

Just on that, one has to laugh that of the most organic pushes in recent memory where the fans made sure it happened, Bryan and Becky, both had their runs end due to unforeseen circumstances.

Would make you really want to be in Vince's head as he processes that. Surely makes him even more certain that only his approved pushes can happen.

Oh I'm sure those 2 runs probably irked him no end, that his audience knew better, (not once but twice) than him and his army of writers over two shows.

Probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think she's due in December, after a quick Google. I don't think a Rumble return. Maybe post Mania? Though Vince may try to persuade her to make a return for Mania

Pentecost wrote: »
    You'd miss Becky. Hopefully all is going well for her.

She's gone dark on all social media stuff from what I recall.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Think she's due in December, after a quick Google. I don't think a Rumble return. Maybe post Mania? Though Vince may try to persuade her to make a return for Mania

Would she want to return though is the other question. Like hypothetically we maybe won't see Becky back until the child is at least a year old, or 2 years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Gotta imagine Becky will want too come home with the baby for a bit after the child is born... it’s tough on new parents to raise a child when 1 works full time. Not a mind 2 working full time and the parents based in California and 1 set of grandparents in Iowa and the others in a different continent

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Gotta imagine Becky will want too come home with the baby for a bit after the child is born... it’s tough on new parents to raise a child when 1 works full time. Not a mind 2 working full time and the parents based in California and 1 set of grandparents in Iowa and the others in a different continent

Plus add the whole Covid-19 scenario too. As much as I want to see Becky back in the ring I hope she takes as much time as she wants/needs and not to be dragged back in too early by Vince.

She's gone dark on all social media stuff from what I recall.

I was going to ask was it all social media. Her last tweet was a few months ago involving a book. I mean obviously it’s her choice but has she even appeared on seths social media recently ?

That’s before you add in COVID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's not like they can't afford to have 1 stay at home parent. I know myself there are ones that stay off for the minimum maternity leave while others would take a year or more.
    By the time she's ready to come back, they could be on the road again which makes it harder. Like if they were staying in the one place both parents get to come home every night.
    Would they be the only couple in the company with young kids? I know we had Miz and Maryse, but Maryse was part time. I'm not counting pets.
    Too soon to start a Myeterio family vs a Rollins family feud? :) At the rate it's going, they'll still be feuding by the time the baby is Aaliyah's age.

Advertisement