Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eating out Low Carb in Dublin

• 01-04-2019 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Trying to avoid bread potatoes rice and pasta I particular , any recommendations eating out in the evenings in Dublin city centre - South city centre ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Just don't order any of those things???

I'm genuinely not being smart, but do you don't need to find a specifically low-carb restaurant in order to eat low-carb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,675 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Outside of fast food places you'll be lucky to find calorie counts on a menu let alone macro info.

As said above, easiest to just not order those foods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭karenalot

Rustic Stone in George’s St. They even have a Raw menu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Stick with your plain meat. Veggies that grow above ground. Cheese etc. Salad without sauce will do it. Salmon shellfish prawns. Loads of options. Steak and mushrooms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I guess you will have less choice in a more pizza oriented place , but if for example you order a burger meal in most restaurants and say you don't want the buns they wont look at you like you have two heads, they will lay it out differently or give you a lettuce wrap option. Just ask for them to switch out rice or whatever for extra veg. Or if you are dessert person, look up their menus ahead and see if they do a cheese platter

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

+1 for the cheese platter. Good restaurants will even make one up on the fly if asked nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Most places will swop out, so if they have steak just ask for veg instead of chips. I would recommend French as even if you have carbs they are generally small portions that you just don’t eat and the focus tends to be on really nice meat and veg. Stay away from Italian, in general quite hard to do on low carb. Don’t be afraid to ask for what you want and swap potatoes or chips for veg or salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

There are a few bbq places, Pitt bros, Smokin bones & bison bar for example. If you go to Pitt bros with someone else the 3 meat combo shared between two is great!
    If you are ok eating beans then a good options is a burrito bowl with no rice, ask for extra beans, Pablo Picate let you pay a few euros extra and get double meat, they also have guacamole and some creamy sauce which i presume is high fat if that is desired.
    Steak restaurants, feather blade, Darwins etc.
    Chicken wings, look up Lovin Dublins top ten chicken wings.
    A lot of restaurants will substitute the carb portion for something like mixed veg.
    If you like sushi you can get sashimi and a few other 0 carb bits.

Advertisement