Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom email problems

• 01-04-2019 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there. I've been having occasional problems with this for a couple of years where my eircom.net email address just stops working - usually it stops sending which means it's the outgoing server that's the problem. It usually rights itself but on Friday both my microsoft outlook email and iphone email stopped sending emails so I deleted the accounts in each and reinstalled using the same settings that I've always used. Now it won't even install so I can't receive or send email so the problem seems to be sticking around this time.

My service provider is Vodafone and I change the outgoing server to mail.vodafone.ie - I haven't had to make any changes to server ports before but searching online would suggest I may have to look at that - the iphone area to do that is not clear though when I can't even install the account.

The message that come up on the phone when I try to install is 'The SMTP server mail1.eircom.net is not responding. Check your network connection and that you entered the correct information in the Outgoing Mail Server field'. This message comes up whether I use the eircom or vodafone server.

Help please!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭java

mail.vodafone.ie looks like it has been closed down:

https://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/109678209

You will probably need to use the webmail version of your eircom.net email, or any other options eir might have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

MaggH wrote: »
    Hi there. I've been having occasional problems with this for a couple of years where my eircom.net email address just stops working - usually it stops sending which means it's the outgoing server that's the problem. It usually rights itself but on Friday both my microsoft outlook email and iphone email stopped sending emails so I deleted the accounts in each and reinstalled using the same settings that I've always used. Now it won't even install so I can't receive or send email so the problem seems to be sticking around this time.

My service provider is Vodafone and I change the outgoing server to mail.vodafone.ie - I haven't had to make any changes to server ports before but searching online would suggest I may have to look at that - the iphone area to do that is not clear though when I can't even install the account.

The message that come up on the phone when I try to install is 'The SMTP server mail1.eircom.net is not responding. Check your network connection and that you entered the correct information in the Outgoing Mail Server field'. This message comes up whether I use the eircom or vodafone server.

Help please!

Try mail.iol.ie

Advertisement