Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick new moms

• 01-04-2019 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi, I'm a soon to be new mom living in Raheen / Dooradoyle and was wondering if anyone knows of any new mom meet up groups in the area or even the city centre?

I'm not attending the maternity in Limerick so I'm not getting the info from there. I've heard there's a breastfeeding group that meets behind Raheen church every Wednesday and hope to go along to that soon alright. It might be nice to have other group options too just in case we can't make that one.

I've tried searching Facebook and the Meetup website but can't see anything else.

Thankyou.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The one you mentioned is the only one that I'm aware of in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Queenofhere

Hi, I signed up here so I could answer your Question (I hope that's OK!) . There's a mum and baby group which meets for a walk in Mungret Park every Friday at 11am, meeting by the gate into the playground. There's also a mum and baby crochet group in Ballybrown, Clarina Community Centre every Wednesday at 11.30. You don't need to know how to crochet, beginners are more than welcome. I go to both groups, everyone is really welcoming and friendly. Congrats on your baby :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

There is also a great group in st michaels church on barringtons street on thursdays from 10-12

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭daisyscience

Hi, I signed up here so I could answer your Question (I hope that's OK!) . There's a mum and baby group which meets for a walk in Mungret Park every Friday at 11am, meeting by the gate into the playground. There's also a mum and baby crochet group in Ballybrown, Clarina Community Centre every Wednesday at 11.30. You don't need to know how to crochet, beginners are more than welcome. I go to both groups, everyone is really welcoming and friendly. Congrats on your baby :-)

That's great. Thank you. It might be a while before I make it but summer is coming and I did always want to learn how to crochet. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

My wife met her group of moms while attending a baby massage class and going for coffee afterwards and doing the odd other class where you can bring your baby, best of luck with everything :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Queenofhere

That's great. Thank you. It might be a while before I make it but summer is coming and I did always want to learn how to crochet. :D

It's a great little group, more about coffee and laughs than anything else, which is much needed when you've a new baby ☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

St Michael's Church on Thursday mornings, and there was something happening in a church in Caherdavin on Tuesday mornings, but not sure if that is still happening. They were toddlers as well as new mothers, if I remember correctly.

My wife used to go to both, and really enjoyed them and felt welcomed.

Here's a list, but no idea if it is up-to-date or not.

http://loveparenting.ie/baby-toddler-groups/

Advertisement