Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

christmas shop from ez living opened up in the cornstore. (in the former shop of rver deep mountain high)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Laviski wrote: »
    christmas shop from ez living opened up in the cornstore. (in the former shop of rver deep mountain high)

As mentioned last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,939 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes flowers have this week closed in Cross St and opened in Eglinton St.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Their shop always looked so nice in cross street at Christmas time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Thats a real pity , the shop added a lot to Cross Street and the city centre .
    Would have assumed they were doing fine there

• Advertisement

Wallis are closing in the Galway Shopping Centre, 'cos their lease is up. But they're getting or have got (I haven't checked yet) a section in Debenhams.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,171 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Galway shopping center hasn't had a good year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Galway shopping center hasn't had a good year.

Galway shopping center hasn't had a good year since it opened :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Galway shopping center hasn't had a good year since it opened :D
    I remember before the internal walkway was roofed. Rain dropping on you walking out of Quinnsworth's

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Pool4Life

Wallis are closing in the Galway Shopping Centre, 'cos their lease is up. But they're getting or have got (I haven't checked yet) a section in Debenhams.

Their in Debenhams the last 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

Pool4Life wrote: »
    Their in Debenhams the last 2 weeks.

They are indeed.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Candleworks in Eyre Square centre is being cleared out. Notice for post and deliveries to go next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

https://galwaybayfm.ie/galway-bay-fm-news-desk/city-pub-fails-to-get-licence-renewed-following-local-objections/

a real pity....

Snippet from article
    A well known pub in the east of the city has failed to get its licence renewed following objections from local residents and the Gardai.
    The Lantern Bar in Ballybane has been refused the licence at Galway courthouse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Hows it a pity?

I’d say they were being sarcastic somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,040 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Corner Cafe at St Francis Street has been gutted. Anyone know when it closed?
    Pure Pharmacy has moved from Henry Street to Salthill

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Salthill must have one of the highest pharmacy to person ratios in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Where is the nearest Off License for that part of the city now? If there is none. That's a big opportunity for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,171 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Where is the nearest Off License for that part of the city now? If there is none. That's a big opportunity for someone.

The Joyce's right beside it?

The Merlin is also nearby.

Joyce's, all of a ten second walk from The Lantern. Then theres Londis Mervue, a five minute walk. Duggans another ten minutes or Gala Castlepark Rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Joyce's, all of a ten second walk from The Lantern. Then theres Londis Mervue, a five minute walk. Duggans another ten minutes or Gala Castlepark Rd.

I'm an eejit! I thought it was the place out by Merlin Park!

I'm an eejit! I thought it was the place out by Merlin Park!

Nah, that's the Merlin.

And the closest offie to it is the convenience store across the road from Galway Crystal. Next closest the Spar in Roscam.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

What's the nearest pub?
    Did The Eastwood open again? I know they were planning on it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

What's the nearest pub?

The Eastwood reopened as the Half barrel but wasn't open a few evenings i passed recently

What's the nearest pub?

Trappers, probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Maybe the crew from the Lantern will frequent The G now, not far down the road. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

David Martin Hairdressers in Kingston Hall (next to Capones in Knocknacarra) has closed. They may have been closed a while but only just noticed today and didn't see it previously reported.

It's a bit of a funny spot because I wouldn't say it really has convenient parking. You can always park and Joyces are walk across but it's not handy to just park and run in for something. I've always wondered how much foot traffic the polish shop gets there. I wouldn't imagine too many people stumble into there on a whim. Seems like themselves and the dental place could have nearly swapped places to have the GP and dentist side by side and have the food shops together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

The Full Duck in Salthill has been closed for a couple of weeks.

It seems to be the Christmas of pop-up shops:

There's a handmade gifts and decorations place in the former menswear store next to Hughes in Woodquay
    Another, looks like more decoration, in the former Deacys fish/veg in High Street
    Anther with lifestyle / (mens?) grooming gifts in Upper Abbeygate St, in the tiny shop next next to Java.
    And it looked like another going into the former O'Berine's pharmacy near the bottom of Henry Street yesterday.

• Advertisement

It seems to be the Christmas of pop-up shops:

There's a handmade gifts and decorations place in the former menswear store next to Hughes in Woodquay
    Another, looks like more decoration, in the former Deacys fish/veg in High Street
    Anther with lifestyle / (mens?) grooming gifts in Upper Abbeygate St, in the tiny shop next next to Java.
    And it looked like another going into the former O'Berine's pharmacy near the bottom of Henry Street yesterday.

Another one opening down from Buskers, might be where the flower shop was? Heard something about it on radio this morning but didn't get the details.

Advertisement