Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

David Martin Hairdressers in Kingston Hall (next to Capones in Knocknacarra) has closed. They may have been closed a while but only just noticed today and didn't see it previously reported.

It's a bit of a funny spot because I wouldn't say it really has convenient parking. You can always park and Joyces are walk across but it's not handy to just park and run in for something. I've always wondered how much foot traffic the polish shop gets there. I wouldn't imagine too many people stumble into there on a whim. Seems like themselves and the dental place could have nearly swapped places to have the GP and dentist side by side and have the food shops together.

It's the same issue as Joyces on Father Griffin Road and Tesco opposite the hospital. There's loads of underground parking at these (and under Kingston Hall), and there's always availability, but for some reason these businesses never seem to tell anyone about the parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,938 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

?Cee?view wrote: »
    ..Tesco opposite the hospital. There's loads of underground parking at these...

Where's the entrance? I had no idea there was parking there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Between Mr Waffle and the pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Just drive up to the entrance and it opens. You then need to get a code from Tesco staff to get back into the carpark through the pedestrian door so that you can exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

?Cee?view wrote: »
    It's the same issue as Joyces on Father Griffin Road and Tesco opposite the hospital. There's loads of underground parking at these (and under Kingston Hall), and there's always availability, but for some reason these businesses never seem to tell anyone about the parking.

I assumed the underground parking was for apartments above the businesses but you're absolutely right. Good to know!

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.2630043,-9.103226,3a,15y,116.63h,83.74t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sTxIdhfIePYNK6vUhucb1kA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

I had no idea either. I assume you have to shop in Tesco to use it?

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.2766865,-9.0636022,3a,75y,97.74h,89.35t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sgFKSdBSefZ791_7C_A9arQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

There seems to be work going on in the old h samuels unit on shop street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Does anybody have any information on the new medical practice on the seafront in Salthill or know when it’s opening? It seems to have been fitted out for ages, the name is Maritimo Medical/Centric Health but there’s no contact info outside the premises or online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

That's the entrance alright. The spots for customers are marked. Can be Tesco or Mr Waffle customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

Does anyone know if the underground parking for the new cinema in salthill is operational? I know from looking at the plans that there is a large underground car park but I don't know if it's being used. I might call the cinema and ask them. I've just noticed for the past few weekends that the main carpark across from the cinema is very busy but I'm not sure if the cinema is part of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Areas wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the underground parking for the new cinema in salthill is operational? I know from looking at the plans that there is a large underground car park but I don't know if it's being used. I might call the cinema and ask them. I've just noticed for the past few weekends that the main carpark across from the cinema is very busy but I'm not sure if the cinema is part of this.

Yeah, it's been open since the Bailey was built. Goes way down underground too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Does anybody have any information on the new medical practice on the seafront in Salthill or know when it’s opening? It seems to have been fitted out for ages, the name is Maritimo Medical/Centric Health but there’s no contact info outside the premises or online.

There was an add/info on the advertiser last week, what I hear is that its the O'Beirne Dr's from the Crescent who are moving to there instead. I assume there is a connection with them and the Pure pharmacy next door.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's been open since the Bailey was built. Goes way down underground too.

And is it free? Can you go from the carpark straight to the cinema? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

There seems to be work going on in the old h samuels unit on shop street

There is planning permission granted to change it into a Vodafone shop

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

buzz11 wrote: »
    There is planning permission granted to change it into a Vodafone shop

How many will that be?
    You have the corner beside the Ulster bank, the one in the Corbet Court side of Eyre Square centre and one out on the Tuam Road. I feel I'm missing another.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

flazio wrote: »
    How many will that be?
    You have the corner beside the Ulster bank, the one in the Corbet Court side of Eyre Square centre and one out on the Tuam Road. I feel I'm missing another.

One in GSC too if I'm not mistaken. You'd imagine one of the other two in town would move to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

One in GSC too if I'm not mistaken. You'd imagine one of the other two in town would move to this one.

How many people actually use phone shops anymore? my last 3 phones I bought over the phone. Rarely see these shops busy unless it Christmas time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

But you can't buy a phone over the phone if you don't have a phone to begin with.

flazio wrote: »
    But you can't buy a phone over the phone if you don't have a phone to begin with.

:(

etxp wrote: »
    Rarely see these shops busy unless it Christmas time.

You aren't looking at the right times.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The Eastwood reopened as the Half barrel but wasn't open a few evenings i passed recently

I passed yesterday and it seemed open though no exterior lights, just thought I'd update to keep information current.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,135 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Papa rich an Italian restaurant and a cafe all going into claregalway. Anybody have details about when they're opening

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Mearings

dinneenp wrote: »
    Papa rich an Italian restaurant and a cafe all going into claregalway. Anybody have details about when they're opening

Asian not Italian.

https://paparichkitchen.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Anyone have any update on the Gateway Retail Park and new tenant line up - so far confirmed is:

Dunnes Stores expanding their store into the addition on that side

Harvey Norman (Previously announced but looks to be an unusual store format as this will be there first one with 2 retail showroom floors with a coffee shop upstairs which is unique for them in Ireland so far)

Boots chemist.

Plans show there will be quite a large gym and creche also which is great for the area no operators announced so far.

Read articles in the Indo recently which quoted new businesses opening in Galway included Camille Thai restaurant and another Gourmet Food Parlour which specifically mentions their new restaurant will be in Knocknacarra however not certain these will be in this retail park as yet.

Mearings wrote: »

I’m guessing there should be a comma after papa rich and he means 3 restaurants.

Jammyd wrote: »
    Anyone have any update on the Gateway Retail Park and new tenant line up - so far confirmed is:

Harvey Norman (Previously announced but looks to be an unusual store format as this will be there first one with 2 retail showroom floors with a coffee shop upstairs which is unique for them in Ireland so far)

Boots chemist.

Plans show there will be quite a large gym and creche also which is great for the area no operators announced so far.

Read articles in the Indo recently which quoted new businesses opening in Galway included Camille Thai restaurant and another Gourmet Food Parlour which specifically mentions their new restaurant will be in Knocknacarra however not certain these will be in this retail park as yet.

Does Galway really need another electrical shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭what_traffic

etxp wrote: »
    Does Galway really need another electrical shop?

Location. Peter Murphy in Westside is possibly the only largish electrical shop West of the Corrib. Do Harvey Norman plan to do furniture as well here though?

Location. Peter Murphy in Westside is possibly the only largish electrical shop West of the Corrib. Do Harvey Norman plan to do furniture as well here though?

Well if its westside I can understand that I suppose. Misread the post and thought it was Galway Retail Park

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

It will do the full range AFAIK - its massive only the tiniest bit smaller than their new flagship in Tallaght so will have it all

dinneenp wrote: »
    Papa rich, an Italian restaurant and a cafe all going into claregalway. Anybody have details about when they're opening

The cafe is advertising for staff now: https://www.galway.staff-wanted.net/2019/11/front-of-house-barista-kitchen-porter-chef-job-roots-claregalway-cafe.html

But their Facebook page says they're still doing the fitout. So at least a few weeks away I'd guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Jammyd wrote: »

Boots chemist.

JYSk are aslo opening
    8gMsCKj.jpg

Advertisement