Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

The DV8 clothes shop in the old Mothercare unit in Eyre Square Shopping Ctr is open.
    A few door up the craft shop Two Wild Geese is cleared out, no sign on door but completely empty so assume shutdown

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The DV8 clothes shop in the old Mothercare unit in Eyre Square Shopping Ctr is open.
    A few door up the craft shop Two Wild Geese is cleared out, no sign on door but completely empty so assume shutdown

Dv8 opened in February if I remember right!

Sorry, first time i saw it open... lockdown and all that. I see a post back in February saying opening., Sorry. The craft shop is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Is decathlon going in there?

I think there was a hint a Regatta store would be opening there based on what the signage revealed for a few days before they took them back down.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112938373&postcount=787

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

The craft shop is gone

That's a real pity. It was one of the few shops of any character in there.

• Advertisement

?Cee?view wrote: »
    That's a real pity. It was one of the few shops of any character in there.

Yeah, I agree. Now, unless they are doing like what some other shops have done like Monsoon and cleared all the fittings and stock. But the unit is cleared out so I am assuming they are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Knocknacarra
    wTb0XC0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,608 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Is there any shops permanently gone fron galway now post covid lockdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

pjohnson wrote: »
    Is there any shops permanently gone fron galway now post covid lockdown?

Debnahams

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

flazio wrote: »
    Debnahams

Mothercare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,936 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Mothercare

America Village
    Casa Crafts
    The Pie Maker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

America Village
    Casa Crafts
    The Pie Maker

Laura Ashley
    One of the english clothes shops on edward square

Laura Ashley
    One of the english clothes shops on edward square

Warehouse, as already mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

America Village
    Casa Crafts
    The Pie Maker

Is Mama Johnson’s gone into where the Pie Maker was?

Redo91 wrote: »
    Is Mama Johnson’s gone into where the Pie Maker was?

Not as at two days ago anyway, was empty.

Just saw on their FB page that The Bankx Restaurant is Liosban will not be re-opening.

Just saw on their FB page that The Bankx Restaurant is Liosban will not be re-opening.

Understandable given the competition nearby too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Understandable given the competition nearby too.

Or it could be bad management

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Or it could be bad management

Or "health reasons" as they cite on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Aniar isn't opening"this season" whatever that means

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Aniar isn't opening"this season" whatever that means

Jp can make enough money from the other restaurants to not bother going into work everyday himself until the summer is over and he's bored at home.

Well I liked the Bankx when I worked near there they baked a fresh turkey every day and made great roast turkey sandwiches.

Re: Anair & other high end restaurants like Petit Pois where the restaurant dine in experience is the main event will have a hard time right now. You are meant to take your time, have your wine, and savour the experience over 2+ hours. They are expensive so tend to be in intimate venues which serve a smaller cover. I think there is little financial sense in trying to provide that at a time like this.

Well I liked the Bankx when I worked near there they baked a fresh turkey every day and made great roast turkey sandwiches.

Re: Anair & other high end restaurants like Petit Pois where the restaurant dine in experience is the main event will have a hard time right now. You are meant to take your time, have your wine, and savour the experience over 2+ hours. They are expensive so tend to be in intimate venues which serve a smaller cover. I think there is little financial sense in trying to provide that at a time like this.

At least Loam will be fine, loads of space.

Jp can make enough money from the other restaurants to not bother going into work everyday himself until the summer is over and he's bored at home.

He's doing private on-line cooking classes too: https://www.galwaydaily.com/life-style/food/jp-mcmahon-brings-irish-food-to-a-global-audience-with-private-online-classes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭blueshark2

I always assumed Aniar was more of a vanity project. It's tiny and even with the high prices, they're using top quality ingredients and are very limited in the number of daily customers. I'd say the numbers are unworkable with added social distancing. I bet there's more money in carvery lunches and goujons & chips.

Cava is the main breadwinner there. Tartare is a nice offering too and should keep him entertained for the summer.

Boots is opening in Gateway retail park on Wednesday next, according to an ad on FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Boots is opening in Gateway retail park on Wednesday next, according to an ad on FB.
    Sign on their front window last night as well.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Which unit are they going into?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Which unit are they going into?
    They are going in next door to havery norman
    eJxdJ0j.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Is there any sign of a pet shop opening there soon? Pain in the backside all petshops on east side :)

Advertisement