Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

ArtyC wrote: »
    Is there any sign of a pet shop opening there soon? Pain in the backside all petshops on east side :)

No sign of work being done on that unit, they are working on the gift shop next door.

I agree, a squillion* dogs in knocknacarra and the closest pet shop being the headford road is crazy.

* appox.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ozark2020

Is it petworld? Will be great to have a branch in knocknacarra! Save the Trek over the bridge !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

m17 wrote: »
    Knocknacarra
    wTb0XC0.jpg

Havery norman is opening the end of July it's on the gateway retail Park fb page
    Fonez is opening in eyre square where corrib travel was
    Burger King is gone in the eyre square centre

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

m17 wrote:

Seriously, since when? Really surprised if its true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

I heard the same thing but havent seen it confirmed anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭cena

• Registered Users Posts: 25,936 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I've been wondering about it for a week or so, thinking that the unit looks very dark inside, and that all the marketing material on and just inside the windows is gone. Absolutely no signs of them getting ready to reopen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭cena

I've been wondering about it for a week or so, thinking that the unit looks very dark inside, and that all the marketing material on and just inside the windows is gone. Absolutely no signs of them getting ready to reopen

see above post

They are going in next door to havery norman
    IM]

Thanks, and sorry I read the post as Galway retail park not gateway so was mistakenly wondering where they were going in Galway retail park.

Eyre square centre always seemed a strange place to locate since it would not allow them open late and thus miss out on the very sizeable late night trade. It was also a little off the beaten track in general form in a corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Not sure if it's the right thread, apologies it not, but could people post what restaurants are open in town from tomorrow? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Not sure if it's the right thread, apologies it not, but could people post what restaurants are open in town from tomorrow? Thanks

https://www.openingalway.com/p/home.html?m=1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058059988/149/#post113844855

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Boots Knocknacarra
    DcE7wq1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,604 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Over the past 2 days I have learned of 7 businesses that are not going to open again. 2 pubs, 2 hairdressers, 1 newsagent, 1 clothes shop and 1 cafe.
    Corner shop in Galway city centre. Nobody passing by during lockdown. Shop St was empty

anyone know?

Theres so many rumours and shyte in the main covid thread but little facts bandied about.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

pjohnson wrote: »
    anyone know?

Theres so many rumours and shyte in the main covid thread but little facts bandied about.

Anyone know what? The XL on the corner of Middle/Abbeygate At is closed if that's what you're asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,604 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Anyone know what? The XL on the corner of Middle/Abbeygate At is closed if that's what you're asking.

And pubs/hairdresser/cafe/clothes shop?

I see places getting paint jobs or adjusting but not much closing but not in everyday so could have missed things and wondering what else is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,635 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There is/was a lot of rumours of the Dew Drop not re-opening. As of yet, they have no social media posts saying that they are re-opening. Most pubs that's are re-opening on July 20th have said they are by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

FitzShane wrote: »
    There is/was a lot of rumours of the Dew Drop not re-opening. As of yet, they have no social media posts saying that they are re-opening. Most pubs that's are re-opening on July 20th have said they are by now.

Changed hands

Reopening soon I assume. It's been let already.....
    http://www.mulleryauctioneers.ie/commercial/brochure/middle-street-city-centre-galway-city/4427698

• Advertisement

Also, that craft shop downstairs in Eyre sq SC isn't closed down, just moving to old yes flowers shop .https://www.facebook.com/2wildgeese/photos/a.346417725906334/677934126088024/?type=3

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

FitzShane wrote: »

The Dew Drop will be reopening, it's being renovated at the minute and new owners.

Many of the pubs incl the Dew drop are leased out, it is now being leased by someone different the owners are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,635 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The Dew Drop will be reopening, it's being renovated at the minute and new owners.

Good to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Garveys Eyre Square has undergone a name change it's now called "Thirteen on the Green" or the Square forgot the 2nd part but it's changed anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭blueshark2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Have the sorted out the stink inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Also, that craft shop downstairs in Eyre sq SC isn't closed down, just moving to old yes flowers shop .https://www.facebook.com/2wildgeese/photos/a.346417725906334/677934126088024/?type=3

That's great and a much more suitable premises that they're moving to you'd have to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 _nobody_

I see Donnellys of Barna is reopening, next week, after a refurbishment job.

Had feared the worst there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭39steps

Many of the pubs incl the Dew drop are leased out, it is now being leased by someone different the owners are the same.

Good to hear the Dewdrop is re-opening, but sorry to hear Ronnie is gone from there. A really sound guy, he'll be missed.

Advertisement