Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Is it going to be a Golf themed pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

flazio wrote: »
    Is it going to be a Golf themed pub?

Why? Who has it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I just think 13 on the green sounds like something a golfer says.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 alphabet soup

It's likely just the address, 13 Eyre Square (The Green).
    Very happy that Donnellys was just a refurb and not gone completely. Always loved that place. Looks like most bars / restaurants have survived so far.

Even a very bad golfer wouldn’t say 13 on the green too often :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Joyces Bookshop on Dominick Street have a sign in the window saying they've decided not to reopen.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Glenomra

xckjoo wrote: »
    Joyces Bookshop on Dominick Street have a sign in the window saying they've decided not to reopen.
    I will miss that shop but at least Charlie Byrnes is going at full tilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Costa at the end of quay Street isn't open either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

xckjoo wrote: »

That’s a big loss. It’s the one place that stocked all the school book lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Just noticed today construction is well under way with that crown plaza place in mervue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Just noticed today construction is well under way with that crown plaza place in mervue

Good to see this isn't a victim of the slowdown like the last time.. Have we any indicators of when it will be open, any companies, hotel operator or retail signings? its a very large site!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Jammyd wrote: »
    Good to see this isn't a victim of the slowdown like the last time.. Have we any indicators of when it will be open, any companies, hotel operator or retail signings? its a very large site!!

They say its opening in 2021 I passed by a while ago and the sign said 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Jammyd wrote: »

I'm finishing a new build myself at the moment and all the suppliers (kitchens, joiners, tilers, painters, etc) tell me they've never been busier. Crazy busy in some cases as there's a backlog of work due to the shutdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I'm finishing a new build myself at the moment and all the suppliers (kitchens, joiners, tilers, painters, etc) tell me they've never been busier. Crazy busy in some cases as there's a backlog of work due to the shutdown.

good for them, I'm living opposite a massive residential construction site (work going on for the last 2 years) and never seen so many workers on site and work going on (however i'm on the east coast so circumstances can be a bit different)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,412 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It's not opening or closing, but Louis Fitzgerald (Quays) is after buying Neachtains premises.
    It's going to carry on as it is under the current operators though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,936 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

JoeA3 wrote: »

Also lots of businesses used the opportunity to do anything from a touch up to a major refurbishment. And when they try to do social distancing work practices, things are slowed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Plans for new Bar restaurant and apartments in Knocknacarra approved.

To be located at the junction of the Clybaun Road and Western Distributor Road.

https://www.galwaydaily.com/news/plans-for-new-restaurant-and-apartments-in-knocknacarra-approved/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭blueshark2

That's the same group that runs Sheridans in Knocknacarra, The Dáil Bar and Brasserie On The Corner. Sheridans is often at capacity, this is just across the road, should do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

Does anyone know when Harvey Norman is opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Ludikrus wrote: »

Radio advert says this month (July 2020) but no date mentioned.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Ludikrus wrote: »

Someone told me Friday, July 24 2020 but nothing "offical" on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭39steps

Golden Spiderweb boutique in the Galway Shopping Centre, Headford Rd, has closed down - shop now cleared out and empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

Is Eye Cinema gone?
    No social media presence or word of opening after Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

boardzz wrote: »
    Is Eye Cinema gone?
    No social media presence or word of opening after Covid

IMC is also still closed, with no reopening dates on the website.

Omniplex have reopened but no new films, just "Bring it Back" reruns.

Maybe they waiting for new films to be released. The website is still up and running

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

Many bars + restaurants open in Galway City at the moment?

Me and Mrs wanna head over for a quiet one but only if there are places open

We know it's not busy but no point going if everything is closed

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

39steps wrote: »
    Golden Spiderweb boutique in the Galway Shopping Centre, Headford Rd, has closed down - shop now cleared out and empty.

Sign on window saying gone completely over to their online shop but no mention of when/if shop will reopen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

The fun fair in salthill was operating last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 GALWAYGUY2019

Anyone know is Kfc Briarhill Gone?

Or Tolteca?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Drove past it over the weekend and it was closed. Checked the website after and was it meant to be opened to dine-in last week. I know it gets bad reviews but I didn't have any bad experiences there. Be a shame to see it gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Or Tolteca?

KFC uk told me that briarhill is open for delivery or collections only. I took from this they were open in the evenings.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Advertisement