Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭StonedRaider

:D 'Grand Opening Sale'
    Everything that we were looking to buy was cheaper in DID&Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Any sign of wards corner store re-opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

:D 'Grand Opening Sale'
    Everything that we were looking to buy was cheaper in DID&Argos

Sure most stores have permanent sales all year round with everything @ twice the price. :D

The flyers they put through the doors were pathetic too IMO.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭skinny90

m17 wrote: »
    Havery norman Knocknacarra
    MAolNLC.jpg

I hate Harvey Norman, but dam it’s a nice store! Really impressed with it and the layout. They will do well there

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MosherRock426

Any sign of imc headford rd or eye cinema reopening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,936 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Any sign of imc headford rd or eye cinema reopening?

Some external signage has been removed from the Eye. Not sure if it was vandalism or move-out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Papa Rich Briarhill gone.

Replace with Gordon's Bistro.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

A secondhand car dealer called Aaamber Motors has opened up in Riverside Industrial Park on the Tuam Road where the secondhand car dealer DH Westlink used to be

A secondhand car dealer called Aaamber Motors has opened up in Riverside Industrial Park on the Tuam Road where the secondhand car dealer DH Westlink used to be

I thought Steeltech Sheds took that spot, are they gone from there?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

I thought Steeltech Sheds took that spot, are they gone from there?

Still there, both business in that space

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Closing down sale ongoing at Laura Ashley on the Tuam Road.

Theres a big sign in the old unit that was Wallis in the Headford road shopping centre (in between Penneys and Dorothy Perkins) that "Yours" is opening there which appears to be a plus size womens clothing chain from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Curly head

Any sign of Screwfix opening. Heard they are coming to Ballybane

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Curly head wrote: »
    Any sign of Screwfix opening. Heard they are coming to Ballybane

Asked them yesterday. The plan is September, but no set date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Very sorry to say Le Petit Pois is closing it's doors for good. We stumbled upon them right when they opened and made it our go-to for special occasions. I always felt it was a hidden gem that should have been packed for months in advance.

They've posted a long letter on FB for anyone interested.

https://www.facebook.com/LePetitPoisGalway/posts/2734130983510552

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

Very sorry to say Le Petit Pois is closing it's doors for good. We stumbled upon them right when they opened and made it our go-to for special occasions. I always felt it was a hidden gem that should have been packed for months in advance.

They've posted a long letter on FB for anyone interested.

Oh Nooooooo :(:(:(:eek::eek::eek:
    I just LOVED Le Petit Pois - I am gutted :(
    I hope that Michèle & Philippe will start something new ... thanks to ye for giving me and my loved ones such pleasant times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭Wompa1

F*ck. Galway is f*cked for a bakery. Wonder if COVID screwed them or it was going to happen eventually anyway.

Seems insurance and the cost of rent in the city doesn't make some businesses viable. What a kick in the nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Asked them yesterday. The plan is September, but no set date.

Passed today. Signs are up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Wompa1 wrote: »
    F*ck. Galway is f*cked for a bakery. Wonder if COVID screwed them or it was going to happen eventually anyway.

Seems insurance and the cost of rent in the city doesn't make some businesses viable. What a kick in the nuts.
    Petit delice is still there...different business....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

There is a new bakery called The Imperfect Bakery that was started up by 2 people who worked in the service industry and were out of work during covid.

They open on the weekend and you have to order via Instagram, https://www.instagram.com/the_imperfectbakery/?hl=en We got some of their stuff last week and it was unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 25,936 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Huh?

Goyas. Petit Delis. Gourmet Tart. Marmalade. Donut Delight in Briarhill. Some Eastern European lads in Liosbaun .. can't remember what they're called, opened a while back, do amazing spinach and cheese bread.

O’Hehirs Terryland and westside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Beside Mervue post office, sign on the door says a Brazilian Bakery operating upstairs.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

leex wrote: »
    Passed today. Signs are up.

where exactly is the store please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

where exactly is the store please?

Bothar na Mine - opposite side of road to Peter Currans but nearer to Monaghans car dealers.

Huh?

Goyas. Petit Delis. Gourmet Tart. Marmalade. Donut Delight in Briarhill. Some Eastern European lads in Liosbaun .. can't remember what they're called, opened a while back, do amazing spinach and cheese bread.

Not too big on Gourmet Tart or Goyas. Donut Delight is too far out and opens odd hours. Never tried Marmalade or Petit Delis. I'll have to give them a look.

O’Hehirs Terryland and westside.

Pretty good for sandwiches. A bit sh1te for pastries. imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Pretty good for sandwiches. A bit sh1te for pastries. imo.

Very sh1te for pastries. No better than a supermarket.

Le Petit Delice and Cest la Vie are the only authentic pastry places. Marmalade is hit and miss, think they overcomplicate and then miss out flavour wise some of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Morton's in Salthill have good stuff.
    Ground & Co in Salthill/Knocknacarra bake their own products in house too. They also stock stuff from The Hungry Hooker which is unreal. You can contact them directly too, I think.

Advertisement