Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭jeoun

N17 Plaza in Tuam is open since yesterday Friday 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭ThePentagon

Stodge Face is moving in to where Boston Donuts was located. They sell....doughnuts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tribeton now seems to be called An Still. Apologies if I missed this mentioned on thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Never saw that. Is it open yet? Hadn't noticed anything when passing by.

The Dean looks very close to opening now. Path being finished outside and lobby looks fairly close to completion.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Saw nothing at all about it myself just passed in car this evening, looked like what they call a 'soft opening' going to check social media later.

• Advertisement

Don't see anything on Instagram for it but could be under an odd handle I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

There ye go.

Re. The Dean, I work for a food company and they got a delivery today so I'm guessing to be open for Paddys day.

And cupcakes. Same owners, as such. One of the 'Zhivago' Carroll's, they also had the Boston donuts. They've taken the franchise for the Galway Stodgeface branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,625 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Plastic surgery business opened on Seán Mulvoy, some point in last few months https://medaesthetics.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Rabbitte's Daybreak on Lower Salthill has closed down. There's a sign on the door thanking customers for their support and a planning notice. They are looking for permission to convert the entire building into apartments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

A shop called cardfactory opened in the recently closed Matt o flaherty unit in Eyre Square

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Yourells has announced that the Eyre Street branch will be closing as they reinvest outside of the city.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Speaking of Eyre St there's an Asian shop of some description being fitted out currently. Beside Eyre St Stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Cheeky sods 🤣

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLmogAMg/

Opening today.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

I saw some notification somewhere. Maybe turned up on Facebook.

So made sense of having seen the windows looking whitewashed over the last month leading up to that. had just thought it was being prepared for reopening since it had been Tribeton for a few years. But I do remember the premises being a department store a number of years ago.

Also it potentially being the site of a new market space though that apparently went to the Rowing Club on a Sunday under different management instead.

Not sure if this new premises is utilising taht space downstairs which would have hosted the market and has been used as a gallery among other things

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Would make sense if they are adding in a brewery that they use up more space . So 2 floors may be inevitable.

I'm reminded of the Pumphouse on Parliament st in Dublin which has a visble brewery downstairs. You see that if you go down to the toilets there. So wonder now if the Still will retain the hole in the floor for a similar purpose. Though that is probably a design feature anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I saw on FB that Massimos is under new management and is now called Simons

edit: corrected

Post edited by beardybrewer on

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

• Registered Users Posts: 25,886 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

• Advertisement

It's a photoshop joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Had coffee at Galway City Distillery Co, a name which doesn't roll off the tongue nor do well on Google SEOs as if you search for the name but omit "city", Micil gets all the initial attention.

The space looks well. Top third is the bar (closed during the day), middle third is the cafe, bottom third is the distillery / classroom space. Upstairs is unfinished. But graciously they seem to plan to utilise the whole space as opposed to Tribeton's near criminal abandonment of the ground floor when they had it.

Cafe space is massive in comparison to nearly all other cafes - plenty of room for buggys etc, so once it gets established I could foresee it as a good go to spot for parents meeting other parents / friends.

Only cookies as a snack with the coffee for now (baked by someone external who's name I can't remember), though we were told more pastries will be added in a week or so.

We'd go back for coffee for sure, as the sheer amount of room with a buggy is a big plus. No changing facilities for the baby though.

Would also go back for the bar, but might leave that off a while till they set settled and into the groove.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭ThePentagon

Don't know if it's already mentioned earlier in the thread but the branch of Park Jewellers at Corrib Shopping Centre is closing down. Their other branches will remain open.

Might be of interest to early morning vegans. Applegreen recently updated their self service coffee machines and one of them uses oat milk exclusively.

Roosters coffee shop is going into the cafe express unit at the corner of Eyre Square

That the former AbraKebabra?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

Ritz Hair Salon on the docks has closed, dunno if they’re relocating but they’ve been there a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,623 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

New Bakery/Cake Shop on Mainguard Street, seems to have opens a few weeks ago.

Advertisement