Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,939 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

JCX BXC wrote: »
    It would have been stupid to change the name, one of the most iconic names in Galway.

Unless they wanted a change of clientelle. Which wouldn't be a bad idea given the likely competition in the neighbourhood.

Agree with point about the new logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Thanks Mrs O'Bumble,😎 glad you got my back

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

westgolf wrote: »
    The premises that used to be food for thought was being fitted out yesterday. Cabinet type look so must be a jewelery or similar enterprise going in
    Just checking but are you really sure?
    Sad as it was one of the last true Galway spots left, another erosion of the city character.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Buddy74 wrote: »
    The premises that used to be food for thought was being fitted out yesterday. Cabinet type look so must be a jewelery or similar enterprise going in
    Just checking but are you really sure?
    Sad as it was one of the last true Galway spots left, another erosion of the city character.
    Nah he's wrong it's the former health food shop up the way from there. Post should be removed really.

Mrs O'Bumble was first to spot my error and correct me. I'm entitled to one mix-up every now and then...

Biko please delete post if necessary.

• Advertisement

Mrs O'Bumble was first to spot my error and correct me. I'm entitled to one mix-up every now and then...

Biko please delete post if necessary.
    On mobile and didn't read back posts, just responded through the email link.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

On mobile and didn't read back posts, just responded through the email link.

Great to hear!
    Mistakes happen it would have sadden me greatly to hear it had closed

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Although I can just tell by the new logo and banner in that picture that it'll be turned into one of them hippy bars like Caribou with all the gins and fancy drinks

What have you got against hippys?? They're all about peace and love man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Harvey Norman knocknacarra 22/07/19
    hooB3d0.jpg
    Glass going in
    Tz4vCTX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭Guffy

m17 wrote: »
    Harvey Norman knocknacarra 22/07/19
    hooB3d0.jpg
    Glass going in
    Tz4vCTX.jpg

Am i right in saying Dunnes are extending into it too? Any idea how that would work if so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Guffy wrote: »
    Am i right in saying Dunnes are extending into it too? Any idea how that would work if so?

Dunnes have the first two units one will be drapery and the other will be cafe sol they are knocking the wall and breaking through

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

m17 wrote: »
    Dunnes have the first two units one will be drapery and the other will be cafe sol they are knocking the wall and breaking through

I thought Dunnes were knocking through to the units at their own gable (and not the main Phase 2 block) and there was a change of use on what was to be the cafe because they didn’t want one.

And then upstairs in Harvey’s will be a cafe/restaurant and then the far block (that was to be a KFC) will be three restaurants, including a Camile Thai Joe Canning job.

That’s how I understood it’s proceeding anyway, but obviously open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

The joke shop beside the credit union on mainguard st was getting fitted out today. Don't know if it's a refit or new shop. But something is opening there....

A place called Celtic Tweed
    I noticed that over the weekend.
    Thought that joke shop had been there for years, decades even.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Areas wrote: »
    Anyone heard what happened to Maxwells?

surprised to see the business gone, anyone know the reason or whether they are opening elsewhere?

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Blacoe Jewellers, right next door to food for thought.

*Puts coat back over head and heads for the door again*

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

Anyone know what's going where the warwick was?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Areas wrote: »
    Anyone know what's going where the warwick was?
    A nursing home after all the planning shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Griffins bakery on the market... http://property.odonnjoyce.com/commercial/brochure/21-shop-street-galway-city-galway/4352624
    "The property is being offered with a long term lease in place or with the benefit of vacant possession." So looks like they might be going or will stay on as tenant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Robbo wrote: »
    A nursing home after all the planning shenanigans.
    The can get all their old customers back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭Storm 10

xckjoo wrote: »
    The can get all their old customers back :D

Get your coat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭ratracer

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Get your coat

I’ve said that to a few people in there over the years :)

Unit opposite the Dough Bros. on middle street being cleaned up and refitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

That was supposed to be an ice cream place from earlier in the thread right?

That was supposed to be an ice cream place from earlier in the thread right?
    Yep. Scrumdiddlys, as I posted a number of weeks ago.

Hole in the Wall posted on FB that they've open from Monday, with live music 7 days, a late licence and Botown Burgers.

There were rumours they were opening from tonight, but an guessing it was a friends-only test run.

Beef and lobster in where Maxwell's was...

New hairdressers in renmore..drove passed think it's called total look..where the credit union used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭RainNeverBow

Hole in the Wall is reopening tonight. Got a paint job too

Hole in the Wall is reopening tonight. Got a paint job too

Ahh, you're about a week late.

They re-opened last Monday ie at the start of Race Week.

Apparently it's temporary (maybe even just for a week), and they're gonna do a refurb before opening properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Townhouse bar now seems to be part of the woolen store next door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Townhouse bar now seems to be part of the woolen store next door

Yeah, that's what the planning sign was for. Kind of a shame but good to see it's getting some use.

Advertisement