Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Boy by Systema

• 01-04-2019 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

ITEM: TV Boy by Systema
    POST\COLLECTION: collection from stepaside or postage
    PRICE: 20 Euro (or trade for Atari Lynx II battery cover)
    PAYMENT METHODS: Paypal\Cash\Postal Order\Bank Transfer

A bit of nostalgia here. Coming straight from 1992 is a TV boy with respective ariel cable.

Have put some batteries in it and plugged it in and it works.

Red light on front doesn’t light up but not sure if it’s meant to always or just as a battery warning light.

Batteries not included.

For those of you who do not remember this it of 90s kitsch here is Wikipedia has to say about it:

The TV Boy and its successors TV Boy II and Super TV Boy are 1990s handheld TV games sold by many different companies, including Systema, Akor, and NICS, based upon an unlicensed clone of Atari 2600 hardware. They were widely available across Europe. In the UK they were most visibly available through Argos. They were released around 1992, and an improved version of the TV Boy 2, the Super TV Boy, was also made by Akor in 1995.[1]

Users can play any one of 127 built-in games. In the UK, they were marketed with "126 games included"; the Super TV Boy has "127 games included" printed on the packing box.[2]

Photos attached (I think)

Comments

Jebus,
    I had totally forgotten about these.

Interesting the thing about argos selling them,someone in work gave me a handheld sega "clone" that seems to be licenced but can take roms via SD card .It also has hacks and is of questionable quality.
    Maybe sega UK or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Jebus,
    I had totally forgotten about these.

Interesting the thing about argos selling them,someone in work gave me a handheld sega "clone" that seems to be licenced but can take roms via SD card .It also has hacks and is of questionable quality.
    Maybe sega UK or something

The atgames one? I have one but have yet to try to add roms. It's def licensed, or goes a long eay to fool you if not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement