Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimate for new lights & electric shower fitting

Options
  • 01-04-2019 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭

Hello all, I'm looking to get a few electrical jobs done around the house. The tricky bit is a neighbour is an electrician and always attempts to leave without payment, so I end up having to guess what I might owe him and put it in an envelope! So I thought this time I would try and get an estimate of what this might cost so I'm in the right ballpark. You can assume I will supply all the fittings below and everything is prewired/in place:

Ensuite:
    Remove existing electric shower and wire up new one
    Fit new overhead light (globe style)
    Fit new shaver light

Bathroom:
    Fit new overhead light (globe style)
    Fit new shaver light

Kitchen:
    Fit new ceiling light (pendant lamp)

Outside:
    Fit three new outdoor lights including light sockets (one of these is a dome style light under the fascia and has water ingress into the dome, so it will need investigation).

Is half a working day about right and what would should I pay as the typical hourly rate? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement