Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB - bank draft

• 01-04-2019 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

How much does it cost to get a bank draft thingy with TSB? Can I get them in GPB? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

How much does it cost to get a bank draft thingy with TSB? Can I get them in GPB? Thanks

What do you want one of those for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I sometimes get bank drafts from PTSB. I think it costs around €1.50 or €2.50. The reason I buy bank drafts is to pay a bill for which a credit or debit card won't be accepted and also we don't possess a cheque book. You can also buy a postal order in the post office. Sorry I just realised you wanted other currency - don't know about that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 hugedinosaur

For the first question, it is €2.40 according to page 14 of this leaflet.
    https://www.permanenttsb.ie/globalassets/pdf-documents/fees-and-charges/bmk2548-fees-and-charges.pdf
    For the second question, I don't know the answer to that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 hugedinosaur

Going by page 19 of the above mentioned leaflet, you probably can get Sterling drafts, as it mentions "Non-Euro".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Thanks. I want one to pay for a car I bought in NI. It appears they only have a cash desk in operation from 10am to 3pm.... not sure how working people are meant to get to the bank in that time :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Thanks. I want one to pay for a car I bought in NI. It appears they only have a cash desk in operation from 10am to 3pm.... not sure how working people are meant to get to the bank in that time :/

I bought a car in the North last summer. Most dealers would accept a bank transfer. That might be easier than getting a draft.

If you have it set up, an account with Revolut or TransferWise or similar would be a good solution. Otherwise, I'm sure PTSB should be able to handle it.

Advertisement