Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Braxton Hicks

Options
  • 01-04-2019 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

What do they feel like for you? On my second pregnancy but didn’t have them at all on my first... didn’t even really experience contractions per se as baby was OP and I had back labour so just felt like intense waves of back cramps when things did get going.

I’m not concerned, was in the hospital today and not looking for medical advice just curious really! At times my bump feels soft but obviously solid when pressed gently, other times it’s hard as a rock with no give. Are these BH?? I don’t get any tight feeling or cramping when it happens I only know it happens if I happen to rub my bump and notice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Depends how bad they are: sometimes it’s just a tightening feeling more times it’s pain up the sides of my bump and down my back (I’m almost certain this baby is back to back too).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Very strong on my second and third - in the sense that I was aware of them happening. No pain at all just my bump going rock hard and a kind of squeezing sensation around the bottom of lungs - for want of a better description!! At most they made me hold my breath a bit because it felt like everything was tensed up, but not at all painful. Usually happened around the same time every day, and mostly when I was up and walking strangely enough. It rarely happened sitting down.

They gradually turned into cramps and waves of mild pain as I got further into the third trimester alright and eventually, they stopped completely and I only got cramps. BH started quite early on my second, could have been around the 22 week mark.

Advertisement