If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 48-50"ish TV

Options
  • 01-04-2019 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi Richer Sounds,
    Currently looking to buy a tv but just can't decide..........too much choice 

I think I've narrowed it down

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]LG 50UK6750PLD[/font]
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]LG 49UK6400PLF[/font]
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]LG 49UK6300PLB[/font]

Which is best from the above, basically looking for a 48"-50ish" for around €500ish 

Do they come with the magic remote as standard?

Also want to hook it up to samsung soundbar (Digital Optical) if possible and only use tv remote to control if possible though this is not a deal breaker as I'm toying with buying a new sound bar...finding it difficult to hear conversations in films etc but don't know if its the tv speakers/soundbar or age related.....

Am I overlooking any brands or deals by just specifying LG?

And finally any further discounts available?? :)

Thanks 

Good One

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

good one wrote: »
    Hi Richer Sounds,
    Currently looking to buy a tv but just can't decide..........too much choice 

I think I've narrowed it down

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]LG 50UK6750PLD[/font]
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]LG 49UK6400PLF[/font]
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]LG 49UK6300PLB[/font]

Which is best from the above, basically looking for a 48"-50ish" for around €500ish 

Do they come with the magic remote as standard?

Also want to hook it up to samsung soundbar (Digital Optical) if possible and only use tv remote to control if possible though this is not a deal breaker as I'm toying with buying a new sound bar...finding it difficult to hear conversations in films etc but don't know if its the tv speakers/soundbar or age related.....

Am I overlooking any brands or deals by just specifying LG?

And finally any further discounts available?? :)

Thanks 

Good One
    Hi Good One.

Thanks for the post.

The magic remote is not supplied as standard with any of the LG televisions mentioned above.
    You have to go to the UK6950 range and above to get in included. There is only the UK6950 in a 55" priced at 645 Euro.

Out of the televisions above the UK6750 is the better of them for picture quality.
    You would not be able to use the LG TV remotes to control the Samsung soundbar. You could in the future upgrade to a LG soundbar which would allow for the TV remote to control certain functions on the soundbar.

You could perhaps also look at the Philips 50PUS6703 priced at 499 Euro. Another very nice television.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203602-philips-50pus6703-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-ambilight-freeview-play.aspx

There is currently no further discount available on these sets. We always try our best to do deals for boardies but there is just not enough margin to play with on these.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭good one

Hi Kenny,
    Thanks for the swift response.

The "UK6950 in a 55" priced at 645 Euro" doesn't appear to be on the web-site.Unless I'm doing something wrong?

How does the UK6950 hold up against the UK6750 ? ( apart from screen size)

How much is the magic remote?

Thanks

Good One

Hi Kenny,
    Thanks for the swift response.

The "UK6950 in a 55" priced at 645 Euro" doesn't appear to be on the web-site.Unless I'm doing something wrong?

How does the UK6950 hold up against the UK6750 ? ( apart from screen size)

How much is the magic remote?

Thanks

Good One
    Hi Good One.

Unfortunately they are not listed up on our website but there are plenty available from stock.

I've checked over the specs and there is very little difference other than the size and the free MR19 magic remote.
    Here is a link to 55UK6950 on the LG website:
    https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-55UK6950PLB

I'm not sure the price of the magic remote as its not something that we can supply.
    Going from google is around 42 Euro - 50 Euro

Thanks Kenny

Time to make a decision so.....

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks good one,

Keep us posted if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Sorry folks but another question,
    Which is better ?

LG 50UK6750PLD or Samsung UE50NU7400

Thanks

GO

Sorry folks but another question,
    Which is better ?

LG 50UK6750PLD or Samsung UE50NU7400

Thanks

GO
    Hi Good One.

There is no real right or wrong answer here. Both are perfectly fine televisions and have been popular purchases for many customers.

Both are very similar in spec, although the LG has one extra HMDI input. The Samsung smart HUB would be slightly better to the LG but again the differences are minimal between these two.

Thanks Kenny

Would you have any idea if the Samsung tv would be able to control a samsung soundbar HW-H355. Trying to reduce remotes.
    Also is the samsung remote like the LG remote in that a cursor appears on the screen.

Apologies for all the questions :)

Thanks Kenny

Would you have any idea if the Samsung tv would be able to control a samsung soundbar HW-H355. Trying to reduce remotes.
    Also is the samsung remote like the LG remote in that a cursor appears on the screen.

Apologies for all the questions :)
    Hi Good One.

You will be able to control both units with the one Samsung remote:
    https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00049279/

A cursor will only appear if trying to type into a web browser or if using one of the magic wand remotes (Supplied separately)
    Like the LG moving up and down menus are done by the D Pad on the remotes.
    The remotes supplied with either of these televisions are not the magic remote versions.

Hi Kenny,
    Just going to pull the trigger on the Samsung UE50NU7400 with your good selves but a couple of questions:

Is this TV suitable for viewing from a wide angle, as in not sitting directly in front of screen?
    A two seater sofa is off to the side so viewing from about 45 Deg - 30 Deg.

Is the remote supplied not a smart one ? One Remote.... is it not voice controllable  ?

Thanks for all your advises

GO

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,
    Just going to pull the trigger on the Samsung UE50NU7400 with your good selves but a couple of questions:

Is this TV suitable for viewing from a wide angle, as in not sitting directly in front of screen?
    A two seater sofa is off to the side so viewing from about 45 Deg - 30 Deg.

Is the remote supplied not a smart one ? One Remote.... is it not voice controllable  ?

Thanks for all your advises

GO
    Hi Good One.

A 45 degree angle will not get the best view, this will also depend on the brightness of your room and the location of any windows. It would also depend on the distance of the two seater sofa.
    You are going to come across this with all televisions in and around this model.

I went and checked inside the box of a 49NU7400 and it actually does come with both the standard remote and the smart remote which give the voice activation.

Went for the Samsung UE50NU7400

Bought it on-line last tuesday night at 9:30 and it arrived at 4:30 to-day......great service

So far so good, excellent tv.....just have to wait for the experts (kids)  to figure it out and then then tell me what all it can do!!!

Thanks Richer Sounds

Went for the Samsung UE50NU7400

Bought it on-line last tuesday night at 9:30 and it arrived at 4:30 to-day......great service

So far so good, excellent tv.....just have to wait for the experts (kids)  to figure it out and then then tell me what all it can do!!!

Thanks Richer Sounds
    Hey Good One.

Thanks for letting us know that your new TV has arrived and that you are happy with its performance!

Should you have any questions please let us know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.