Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency or Housing Agency Accommodation in Dublin ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

cursai wrote: »
    Jesus the ignorance in relation to an illness. Nobody wants to be in this position.

As far as I know depression is not constant, can be medicated or reduced with different treatments. It takes time and sometimes nothing works. But op's friend has 80k in the bank so they can pay for their own accommodation while they try to improve their condition and hopefully enter back into employment. There are a lot of people who are worse of and they should be given priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Graces7 wrote: »
    Please reread the OP? "Cannot hold a job" and medical support for that statement

OP needs to contact eg cluid

No that's his claim not necessarily true ,

Cluid , tuath ,circle and other social housing providers do not talk to people demanding housing , after many years on the housing list they might offer something if they believe they suit their houses via the council,
    The op friend or family member is well above the threshold for social housing lists .

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

OP, advise him to move to a rural town where that amount of money would more than buy him a house, then he can continue to claim welfare there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

whiz wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have a friend who's family home is been sold in South Dublin as his last remaining parent died, now he will get 80k proceeds from this sale.
    Now this is the only money he will have along with his weekly social welfare.
    He suffers from anxiety attacks \ depression etc so he can't hold down a job, this can be certified by a Doctor.
    My question is there any Housing Agency, County Council etc in Dublin who can provide him with accommodation ?

Any response appreciated

OP I hope you have been able to glean enough info here to help get your friend the support he needs. I was offered cluid accommodation years back without being on any list, but chose to stay independent. i can manage at present but knowing that support is there is a great help

• Registered Users Posts: 25,941 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Gatling wrote: »
    No that's his claim not necessarily true ,

Cluid , tuath ,circle and other social housing providers do not talk to people demanding housing , after many years on the housing list they might offer something if they believe they suit their houses via the council,
    The op friend or family member is well above the threshold for social housing lists .

They also have different schemes that are not done thru the council lists, and which a disabled person with some inherited money may be suitable for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭trishabon

I think all the agencies take people from the council housing lists only i.e. they don't maintain their own lists, Tuath is another example of a social housing agency https://www.tuathhousing.ie/
    You are correct. Nobody will help you if you are not rgistered with Dublin or Fingal

Advertisement