Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday home allowing a short term rental

Options
  • 02-04-2019 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi,

Do you think holiday home owners/management companies would allow short term rentals for about 2-3 months, to a accommodate a renter while the renter is getting their own property renovated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

If it's in the off-season, I don't see why not. A long let during a quiet period would be very welcome.

If it's in the high season, you can expect to pay full rates or near enough (esp if it's in a popular location).

I'd say the owners/management companies are the best placed to answer that question, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

there are many such advertised on daft. They are glad to get income in the off season. I was offered several when I advertised for a long term rental. if in the immediate future need to be quick though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

I've seen a few properties now being rented as "short term rentals" as a means of getting around the Airbnb restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Edgware wrote: »
    I've seen a few properties now being rented as "short term rentals" as a means of getting around the Airbnb restrictions.

All very well but it puts them into the clutches of the RTB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

All very well but it puts them into the clutches of the RTB.

I wouldnt be too worried about that shower. They wouldnt track elephants in the snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Edgware wrote: »
    I wouldnt be too worried about that shower. They wouldnt track elephants in the snow.

They cause a lot of problems for landlords. They are also being gien ew investigative powers so they needn't wait for a complaint.

Advertisement