Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

data transfer from broken phone cheaper than replacement screen?

Options
  • 02-04-2019 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a phone here with a busted screen, dropped it on the kitchen floor the other day and the entire right side of the screen will not work, i've restarted the phone, which was a big mistake, the numberpad on the screen 9,6,3 wont work and of course, my pin number contains one of these, so i'm locked out as well.

I've decided to get a new phone, but there are some very important text messages on the phone that i need access to, the cost for repair is around 100quid, and i was wondering if something like a data transfer would be cheaper?

If so, would anyone have any recommendations for one?
    Really stuck with this one, any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Not sure if this will work...

If it's android...

Plug in a USB keyboard using an adaptor and type in the PIN with the physical keyboard.

If it's IPhone someone else might know of a similar method

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Ten Pin wrote: »

If it's android...

Plug in a USB keyboard using an adaptor and type in the PIN with the physical keyboard.

It's android alright - will give that a shot, and get back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

It's android alright - will give that a shot, and get back :)

If that works you can then install the SMS Backup and Restore App on both phones and this will let you transfer the messages (and call logs) from your old phone to your new one

wont know til i'm home, nothing here will do the trick, might have an adaptor somewhere :confused:

will let ye know anyway

ended up buying one (adaptor)from amazon with a bunch of other stuff, wont know for sure til next week if it works or not, but thanks for the help anyway, appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you say what it is we can tell you now if it supports OTG and thus a keyboard.

samsung something or other - sorry i cant remember which model, it's about 6 months old and would have cost around 200quid back then

Ten Pin wrote: »

If it's android...

this worked ^^, could barely make out what i was doing, but got there eventually :) Thanks a lot!

Advertisement