Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned as posted in a thread -genuine mix up

Options
  • 02-04-2019 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,627 ✭✭✭✭

Dear mods

I have been banned from ah for a week as I posted in a thread about Irish sports stars.

I genuinely made a mistake -I thought I had been told not to post in the Conor McGregor thread again last week and you see I did not after receiving that order.

I genuinely made a mistake in this case and mixed up which thread I had been asked not to post in.

Sincere Apologies

If something can be done to overturn the ban I would appreciate and also I promise I will not post in the famous Irish sports star thread any more.

beechwood

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the banning mod? That's the first step in the dispute thread before starting an appeal here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,627 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the banning mod? That's the first step in the dispute thread before starting an appeal here.

Yes I did. He said he didn’t believe me that I mixed up the threads. No further reason was given. Out of manners I let him know I was appealing here.

And I also repeated my apology to him. Have heard nothing since.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK - I'll alert the CMods to this thread. Please be prepared to share your discussion with the mod

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Hello Beechwoodspark, can you please share the full pm conversation here please.
    I will review it tomorrow.

LEIN wrote: »
    Hello Beechwoodspark, can you please share the full pm conversation here please.
    I will review it tomorrow.

Just to clarify you mean the PMs between me and the mod earlier?

• Advertisement

Dear Beechwoodspark,

You have been banned from After Hours for one week for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Sephiroth_dude

Moderator Note

Ignoring mod instruction not to post in a thread again

Your post:Quote: Beechwoodspark
    Man Utd according to surveys a number of years ago have 659 Million fans worldwide. Google it, I’m not here to argue to merits or otherwise of the survey results.

Their most legendary and famous player is arguably George Best. Any even semi interested Man U fan knows of him.

He also is renowned worldwide as one of the best ever footballers. Up there with Pele, Diego and Messi.

He also has an international airport named after him.

McG doesn’t come close and never will.

Apologies I genuinely made a mistake I thought I had been asked to not reply to the Conor McGregor thread and not the great sportsman thread.
    Genuine mistake in this case.

Date: 02/04/2019 | 13:39
    Just out of manners I just want to let you know I appealed on the link provided just explaining I made a genuine mistake mixing up which thread I had been told not to post in again. Sorry again.

That's fine appeal if you want, I don't believe you personally but ok appeal if you want. I won't lifting the ban or engaging with you anymore, so it will be up to the cmod/admin.

All PMs were you tried to resolve with the mod before coming here, thanks.

• Advertisement

Date: 02/04/2019 | 13:49
    Ok. Thanks anyway and sorry again

That was the full conversation back and forth between myself and the mod earlier

Ban has been lifted.

Please be more careful.

Thread ban remains in place.

Resolved :)

LEIN wrote: »
    Ban has been lifted.

Please be more careful.

Thread ban remains in place.

Resolved :)

Thank you and apologies again to you and the original mod. I will stay out of the thread that caused the issue.

Thanks for reaching a resolution

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement