Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2700X and Vega 64/1070Ti combination

Options
  • 02-04-2019 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Im starting to put together the parts and going to start purchasing in the next few weeks. A couple of questions for the lads that know more about these things than I do..................all of you!!! :D

Is the Vega 64 worth the investment? They seem to be hovering around €480 or something.

But the EVGA 1070Ti is a little lower priced online.

Any game bundles out there at the moment>?

Is there much between them?

Also,Im about to purchase the 2700X with the Wraith Prism cooler but with 3rd gen on the way; are we going to see 3700? in the short to medium term?

I dont mind spending but I dont want to make the wrong decision in the short term. :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What's the PC for, just gaming?

With Vega 56 currently at £250, and the RTX2060, Vega 64 is not a very attractive option to be honest. It has more vram than say the RTX2060, but the 2060 is £100 cheaper.

I wouldn't get the 64. Game bundles wise, both Nvidia is BF5/Anthem/Metro for RTX cards. AMD had a great bundle but not sure if its still active, on OCUK it's only showing as applicable to one or two models so stocks may be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You mean the Wraith Max?

Re: GPU, all RX Vega 56/64 are still running the DMC5 + Resi2 + Division 2 bundle.

Alternative, get Nvidia RTX 2060 (€350-370) and overclock it.

@TerrorFirmer the non-blower Vega 56 deals are all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

What's the PC for, just gaming?

With Vega 56 currently at £250, and the RTX2060, Vega 64 is not a very attractive option to be honest. It has more vram than say the RTX2060, but the 2060 is £100 cheaper.

I wouldn't get the 64. Game bundles wise, both Nvidia is BF5/Anthem/Metro for RTX cards. AMD had a great bundle but not sure if its still active, on OCUK it's only showing as applicable to one or two models so stocks may be gone.

Thanks for your help.

Mixed use, image and video editing and some gaming but id like it to be as multi purpose as possible.

I will have a look at the RTX2060's now too, thanks
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You mean the Wraith Max?

Re: GPU, all RX Vega 56/64 are still running the DMC5 + Resi2 + Division 2 bundle.

Alternative, get Nvidia RTX 2060 (€350-370) and overclock it.

@TerrorFirmer the non-blower Vega 56 deals are all gone.

cheers for your help

I had to check but its the prism LINK

Man there is some variety on graphics cards! :D so many versions of each model too! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

amadablam wrote:
    Man there is some variety on graphics cards! so many versions of each model too!

EVGA would widely be considered the best versions as they are top quality and have amazing customer support.

I've used gigabyte versions of my last 2 cards and I haven't had any issues with either.

killanena wrote: »
    EVGA would widely be considered the best versions as they are top quality and have amazing customer support.

I've used gigabyte versions of my last 2 cards and I haven't had any issues with either.

Thanks for the info!

I had looked at this card but looking at the RTX cards now also. Trying to keep the budget for the card below 400 GBP if possible.

EVGA LINK

• Advertisement

amadablam wrote: »
    I had to check but its the prism LINK
    https://segmentnext.com/2018/05/07/amd-wraith-prism-max/

That's really bad value for the 2700X with Wraith Prism.

Get the regular 2700 with Wraith Spire (£232) & a Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 (£52) - quieter, cooler & cheaper than either boxed option.

Also, motherboard choice is very important!

Check the VRM tier list: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/9uc6bi/am4_b450x470_vrm_tier_list/

Thanks K.O.Kiki

Got an offer emailed to me today of the Vega64 with 3 games for 349 sterling. :confused:

Seems really good value although I know you guys favoured the RTX 2060.

Is there a real disadvantage to the Vega 64?

RX Vega 56 at £290 is better value IMHO

Or the GTX 1660 Ti.

Advertisement