Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Wire a kitchen extractor to come on when oven switch is on.

Options
  • 02-04-2019 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,
    I am wondering is it possible to wire a kitchen extractor to activate when the oven switch is switched on within the current R.e.c.i. regulations. If so what's the best way to carry this out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭keithdub

No you can't sadly buy you do need it on a double pole switch you can have it beside the cooker switch

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

There is no easy way to do this, not worth the hassle to be honest. If I had to do it I would use a current sensing relay to energize a contractor to bring the fan on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MrWhiteYo

Ok and in that case I would have to run a cable from relay at cooker switch back to the contactor at the c.u. and then on to the extract fan. No really an option for me now.
    Would it not be permissable by regs. to take a Fused spur off the switch side of cooker to feed the extractor fan.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

MrWhiteYo wrote: »
    Ok and in that case I would have to run a cable from relay at cooker switch back to the contactor at the c.u. and then on to the extract fan. No really an option for me now.
    Would it not be permissable by regs. to take a Fused spur off the switch side of cooker to feed the extractor fan.

Not the way I would do it. I would install the current sensing relay in the DB on the cooker circuit. I would then install the extract contactor beside it. That would be permitted by the regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MrWhiteYo

Ok very good thanks for all the info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement