Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Credit Card - Insurance

Options
  • 02-04-2019 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I searched the forum but no answer about it.

I checked the Aer Credit Card T&C but got different answers around.
    • Is the travel insurance attached to Credit Card only valid to flights abroad booked with Aer Lingus OR it is a "normal" travel insurance (i.e I travel with Ryanair/Emirates and I am covered as well)?
    • Where can I find the full breakdown of cover included in the insurance?
    • Is the travel insurance going to renew automatically at the same price after 12 months?
    • Again, is the 7.99euro going to stay the same after 12 months?
    [*]
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

mezcal83 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I searched the forum but no answer about it.

I checked the Aer Credit Card T&C but got different answers around.
    • Is the travel insurance attached to Credit Card only valid to flights abroad booked with Aer Lingus OR it is a "normal" travel insurance (i.e I travel with Ryanair/Emirates and I am covered as well)?
    • Where can I find the full breakdown of cover included in the insurance?
    • Is the travel insurance going to renew automatically at the same price after 12 months?
    • Again, is the 7.99euro going to stay the same after 12 months?

[*]
    Thanks!

Hi mezcal83,

Thanks for posting and welcome to Boards.ie.

Sorry to hear you had difficulty getting answers to your questions. We've a detailed FAQ on our website here which should help.

The multi-trip travel insurance is a stand alone policy that covers you and your family regardless of the number of trips you take or what airline you book with. The full policy is sent by post along with the credit card. In relation to your last two questions, the €7.99 monthly fee is for having Aer Credit Card and is not a charge for travel insurance as this is provided free of charge. There is currently no plans to change the monthly credit card fee but if this changes card holders will be notified well in advance.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement