Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCR & Old Overdraft

• 02-04-2019 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

So i requested a copy of my credit report from the Central Credit Register and the only thing showing was an overdraft from 2007. I had an account with permanent tsb but switched to halifax. I thought they had closed the account for me. I know I was in my overdraft at the time of switching but they said dont worry about it as I had an overdraft on my new account. So to cut a long story short I have 3k showing as owning on the credit report and still showing as active when I havent used the account since 2008. I am at a lost of what to do as I persume the majority of this is interest and fees accumulated over the years. Is there anyway of getting this cancelled off?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Surely if you owed permanent tsb 3k since 2007 they would have written out to you and followed up on the debt by appointing a debt collection agency. Something not right here.
    JENNYMC928 wrote: »
    So i requested a copy of my credit report from the Central Credit Register and the only thing showing was an overdraft from 2007. I had an account with permanent tsb but switched to halifax. I thought they had closed the account for me. I know I was in my overdraft at the time of switching but they said dont worry about it as I had an overdraft on my new account. So to cut a long story short I have 3k showing as owning on the credit report and still showing as active when I havent used the account since 2008. I am at a lost of what to do as I persume the majority of this is interest and fees accumulated over the years. Is there anyway of getting this cancelled off?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JENNYMC928

They may very well of tried to contact me but I moved out of the house I was living in and also the number they had for me was wrong. Honestly thought it has been taken care of as my overdraft at that time was 3k so I wouldn’t of been over the limit

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

They may very well of tried to contact me but I moved out of the house I was living in and also the number they had for me was wrong. Honestly thought it has been taken care of as my overdraft at that time was 3k so I wouldn’t of been over the limit

So if I’m reading this correctly you are claiming that you thought by opening a new account, your old account would be closed and your overdraft cleared at your old bank by magic and you just so happened to move house at the same time leaving your old bank with a false address and contract number?

Are you writing a fairy tale or you actually expecting someone to believe this story? This is just not remotely credible as an excuse if you are going looking for a mortgage or a loan. You are either going to come off as incredible dumb and incapable of managing your finances or someone who does not take their responsibilities seriously. You need a better story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Jim2007 wrote: »
    So if I’m reading this correctly you are claiming that you thought by opening a new account, your old account would be closed and your overdraft cleared at your old bank by magic and you just so happened to move house at the same time leaving your old bank with a false address and contract number?

Are you writing a fairy tale or you actually expecting someone to believe this story? This is just not remotely credible as an excuse if you are going looking for a mortgage or a loan. You are either going to come off as incredible dumb and incapable of managing your finances or someone who does not take their responsibilities seriously. You need a better story.

Hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Of course you weren't over the limit however by using a 3k overdraft which you owed the bank you needed to clear same before moving bank. Why would you think because you moved bank that the overdraft would just disappear.

• Advertisement

Obviously the overdraft is not the only problem, seems there is a credit card as well. Or actually it sounds more like two!

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057949376/1#post109228333

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=109736066

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Stoic Paddy

Yes. The best way to get this cancelled off would be to contact Permanent TSB, pay anything outstanding in relation to the account and have the account closed.
    Then wait for five years and it will no longer appear on your ICB report.

Yes. The best way to get this cancelled off would be to contact Permanent TSB, pay anything outstanding in relation to the account and have the account closed.
    Then wait for five years and it will no longer appear on your ICB report.

I suspect the objective was to avoid the five year wait. In any case I doubt we’ll be hearing much more from Jenny.

Advertisement