Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90i no hot water

Options
  • 02-04-2019 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭

Hi,

New house, electric shower not working, water comes out but never gets hot. The shower casing seems pretty hot after a minute.

It seems pretty loud and irregular also, video link below:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/d9MTRx3dHSd4txBL7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,100 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Maybe it's just the sound quality of the video but it sounds like the motor is seized. Seized motor = low pressure. Low pressure won't activate the pressure switch. No pressure switch =no electricity going to the element.

Your shower is 20 to 28 years old. The average life span of an electric shower is 10 years. Your shower is obsolete and parts haven't been available for 12 years. Old showers are a higher fire hazard. My advice is to replace it with a Triton T90SR & don't attempt any repair. Not news you want to hear if you have just moved into a new home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

That's fine, I don't mind replacing it, just making sure that there wasn't an easy fix or sometime I was missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MrWhiteYo

Hi there,
    You will more than likely have to upgrade the cable supplying shower with 10² T&E from fuseboard to pullcord and on then to your new shower. Taking care that a 40amp Rcbo is fitted at board and pullcord is fitted in the correct zone.
    If unsure consult your local friendly electrician.

Advertisement