If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio Technica Turntable

Options
  • 02-04-2019 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi Guys, can you get a price for me on an Audio Technica AT LP 1240 USB please ? If not what would be recommend as a Technics 1210 alternative in terms of quality without breaking the bank.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

stony,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

The ATLP1240 isn't a unit that we stock ( looks interesting tho') - I've requested pricing and availability and will revert as soon as I have the info.

It's difficult to give advice when I don't know both products but as I know you are aware the Technics has an amazing rep and whilst the SL1200/1210 will always be more expensive than most alternatives we are happy to do you a Boardie Deal if you are interested in the Technics.

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew  

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Stonyjim

Hi John,

Thanks for swift reply. You are dead right about the technics I have a mk 2 1210 and it's brilliant. Would advise anyone to buy one. This is for a second system so the budget is too low for another 1210 as nice as that would be. I also came across this which looked cool but I don't think you do this brand.

https://www.reloop-hifi.com/turn5.html

Stonyjim,

apologies for the delay and bad news all around :( - we don't stock the Reloop AND unfortunately Neil, our Hi-Fi purchasing Guru tells me that AT say that the ATLP1240 USB is now discontinued..

..I know its a big step-up but we can do you either an SL1210 or an SL1200 reduced from £1129 to just £999 / €1169 if it's any help..

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,

That is an amazing price on a 1210 to be fair. It's very tempting but will have to think it over. Last question any idea when you will have the 1210 MK 7 in stock and what sort of price range would it be in do you think ? I believe it's a slightly more budget model from Technics.

Hi Stony,

we are hoping to see it during the Summer - I don't have anything firmer than that at the moment.

Technics Retail is set at approx £899 but we would hope to be able to do some Boardie Trimming ;) - have a look here:
    https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/technics-sl-1200sl-1210-mk7

As soon as we see any ETA I'll pop back and post for you,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Hi John,

Thanks for that you are a legend.

No probs Stony - will do our best to keep you in the loop..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.