Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the BlackNight Control Panel from the 90's?

Options
  • 03-04-2019 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi all, 

I just bought a domain recently, having not used BlackNight in many years. 

The control panel is shocking for a hosting company in 2019.

Examples:
    1. Where can you update the DNS records of a newly purchased domain?
    2. Numerous dead links or links that bring you to empty pages. i.e. click though the breadcrumb links.
    3. Many options to "add additional services" throughout the control panel but not easy to make a simple DNS change.

Am I missing something here?

I am sure you reps on here are not responsible for the control panel etc but you should pass on the info to the powers that be.

Comments

Sean^DCT4 wrote: »
    Hi all, 

I just bought a domain recently, having not used BlackNight in many years. 

The control panel is shocking for a hosting company in 2019.

Examples:
    1. Where can you update the DNS records of a newly purchased domain?
    2. Numerous dead links or links that bring you to empty pages. i.e. click though the breadcrumb links.
    3. Many options to "add additional services" throughout the control panel but not easy to make a simple DNS change.

Am I missing something here?

I am sure you reps on here are not responsible for the control panel etc but you should pass on the info to the powers that be.
    Hi Sean

1. Under Home > Hosted Domains you can manage the DNS, if that isn't possible please DM me your account ID and we can resovle it. We made some changes in recent days to help resolve an issue but it can cause a side issue of managing DNS in certain circumstances, we are working to resolve that permanently.

2. Can you provide examples please and we will investigate.

3. The DNS should be as per item one above but could be related to recent changes, if you DM me your account ID I can resolve that for you.

Appreciate the feedback and we are working to improve the UI of our Control Panel with vendors.

Thanks,
    Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

Thanks for the response, it seems that the links that were dead in the breadcrumb trail are now working. 

Also, I now have the abilty to change the DNS settings, I couldn't do this previosuly.

Thanks for providing the information. 

Advertisement