Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

central heating upgrade- recommendations

• 03-04-2019 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭

Anybody have any experience with companies or individuals doing major work on their central heating?

Specifically, we want to replace old gravity fed traditional gas boiler with combi boiler, as well as replace electric shower with a mixer one, install thermostatic valves and move a rad.

Removing request for bad experiences. It can't end well.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

TP Gas services. That'd be my choice. They might be a little more expensive than others but their work is top class and they are all above board and 100% legit unlike some of the others....

Removing name of company with suggestions to avoid. Let's stick to recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ciog52

T P Gas Services, not the cheapest but very professional. Get them to quote you first, they have been in business over 30 years. We used them and delighted with the results

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

I had my entire gas heating system redone by Niall Ryan of https://cityandcountyheating.ie/ almost 6yrs ago now. Niall was really straight forward to deal with.
    We decided on a combi boiler as I wanted to get rid of the water tank in the hot press. He explained everything in detail and did a top class job.
    I've had him back many times since for other work and have recommended him to others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

What I would say is to check that whoever you have is registered with RGII at a bare minimum and even then be careful. They need to produce a card with a photo. It must be in date and make sure it is the person doing the work. Some shady people subcontract out work and then use their RGII registration to sign off on the work. They then get aggressive and abusive if you question them on it.

This is only in an effort to save themselves money at your expense and that of your family. If you do encounter such scoundrels then report them. It's probably useless but maybe someday the RGII might do their job.

Advertisement