Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving back to Ireland

Options
  • 03-04-2019 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm 28 and I've been living out of Ireland for the past 3 years in Australia, New Zealand and now the UK. I'm living in the UK as my girlfriend is from here in Wales. We are not enjoying it all where we are and I'm really missing home so we are looking at the prospect of moving to Dublin.

I lived in Cabra most of my life before moving to Clondalkin where I rented with a friend for a year before moving to Australia.

My girlfriend owns a house in Wales worth around 115,000 so thats an asset we have. We are considering selling and moving to Dublin but all I hear is horror stories about the property market at the moment.

Anyone any advice to give am I best staying away from Dublin for a few years?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

You need to figure out what income you will be able to earn back in Ireland. Then use DAFT to find typical houses or apartments in the area you want to live in. (whether renting or buying). After that you can work out if you can afford to live where you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Diarmuid wrote: »
    You need to figure out what income you will be able to earn back in Ireland. Then use DAFT to find typical houses or apartments in the area you want to live in. (whether renting or buying). After that you can work out if you can afford to live where you want.

Looked there doesn't look great. Looks like I'm in Wales for another while yet ha

Advertisement