Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sale of parked up car?

• 03-04-2019 10:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm an idiot and parked up an 00 Totyota Corolla for over a year (long story as to why). Suffice to say, I'm raging with myself.

I want to sell her but she needs a bit of work to get her on the road and NCTed.
    My mechanic had a look and said the work would be too much to make it worthwhile.

He suggested selling her to scrap yard. He said they'd weigh her and I'd probably get around €120 for her. This breaks my heart. She was a very good runner before I parked her.

Is this my only option?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Honestly, yeah.

Maybe stick it up on Donedeal for €250 if it's in ok condition and see what happens, but other that that it's pretty worthless, particularly if it's a 5 door or a saloon. Some young lad might be interested in fixing up a 3 door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

Insuring it would be a major headache for anyone buying it. Shame but curtains I'd say.

There are hundreds of them still on the road however so selling it to someone looking for parts would be an option. Try Donedeal as suggested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭lalababa

Why do you want to sell? Do you want a few bob off it or just to get rid? Have you feeeelllings for it...would you like it to go to a new owner who'd look after it.. and it would drive on for many a more year......are you environmentally aware and want to save the whales? Stick it up on DD for a few hundred if the former.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭the_new_mr

Thanks for your input guys.

I'm just looking for the money and to be rid of it. I'll try Donedeal.

Thanks again!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Put it up on done deal for 250 and see what you get.

• Advertisement
Advertisement