Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a joint deposit account - declined

Options
  • 03-04-2019 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

I am a long standing BOI customer of 40+ years. I opened a joint deposit account in BOI last year, with my wife. We completed all the usual KYC account opening processes.

THis year I wanted to open a second account, but I was told that this is not possible unless my wife has a current account with you. I assumed this was wrong and contacted the Branch and Helpdesk to confirm if this was the case.

They confirmed that the T&Cs state that you need to have a current account. Apparently this is a new rule since last year.

Okay, so here is my customer experience feedback. This was REALLY BAD!!!! I couldnt believe that I was unable to open another account, same as last year, with my bank. No one expressed any empathy or understanding of my situation and just gave me a robotic answer. THis is making me think about moving my deposit to another bank. I am amazed that BOI would (a) not want my deposit and (b) have such a poor customer experience (in this era) and just give stock answers. I felt I was being forced to buy another product (a current account) which we didnt need!

Please forward this feedback to your CX team as an example of a dissatisfied customer. If I was scoring your NPS, i would be a detractor. Remember, I am an existing customer, wanting to open (another) account with my existing bank - but was unable to do so.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Scallywag1 wrote: »
    Hi

I am a long standing BOI customer of 40+ years. I opened a joint deposit account in BOI last year, with my wife. We completed all the usual KYC account opening processes.

THis year I wanted to open a second account, but I was told that this is not possible unless my wife has a current account with you. I assumed this was wrong and contacted the Branch and Helpdesk to confirm if this was the case.

They confirmed that the T&Cs state that you need to have a current account. Apparently this is a new rule since last year.

Okay, so here is my customer experience feedback. This was REALLY BAD!!!! I couldnt believe that I was unable to open another account, same as last year, with my bank. No one expressed any empathy or understanding of my situation and just gave me a robotic answer. THis is making me think about moving my deposit to another bank. I am amazed that BOI would (a) not want my deposit and (b) have such a poor customer experience (in this era) and just give stock answers. I felt I was being forced to buy another product (a current account) which we didnt need!

Please forward this feedback to your CX team as an example of a dissatisfied customer. If I was scoring your NPS, i would be a detractor. Remember, I am an existing customer, wanting to open (another) account with my existing bank - but was unable to do so.

Hi Scallywag1,

Thanks for contacting us here and we're sorry to hear you're unhappy with this policy. The Demand Deposit Account is now only available for personal current account holders. If you wish to lodge a complaint about this or any other aspect of our service you can do this online using the link here.

We have information here on regular savings accounts that can be opened in joint names and you don't need to hold a personal current account to avail of these.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement