Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxford Aquatex on Hot Exhaust

Options
  • 03-04-2019 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi Guys,

Has anyone put an oxford aquatex cover straight on to a bike with a hot exhaust?

I've always held off until it's cooled but I'd I'll be parking in a new location soon and I'd like to be able to get the bike covered over soon after parking.

Any guidance much appreciated, incl an alternative cover

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

dec_82 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Has anyone put an oxford aquatex cover straight on to a bike with a hot exhaust?

I've always held off until it's cooled but I'd I'll be parking in a new location soon and I'd like to be able to get the bike covered over soon after parking.

Any guidance much appreciated, incl an alternative cover

Like you, I used to wait for it to cool first, just in case. Then I bought the Oxford umbratex, it covers just the top half of the bike and is no where near the exhaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Could you cut a few pieces of timber to clip around the exhaust to keep the cover clear? For winter time you will have to worry about condensation so a new cover will neeed eventually, can't help as my bike is indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Drape a fire blanket over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Wheeker

I've got an Oxford Protex Stretch-fit (great cover, but not cheap). The only drawback is that there is no protection from exhaust-heat & a small part of my cover has melted a little. The cover is still grand, but I have to wait (& sometimes forget) to put my cover on, even when it's pouring. Not ideal. I have had previous covers that had heat-protection at the exhaust area, but then they tore in the wind.....

Fire blanket sounds like an interesting solution.....

Advertisement