Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnant flying

Options
  • 03-04-2019 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for a bit of advice flying while pregnant, I'll be 11+4 and due to fly to Paris, is it recommended? It's only an hour and a half flight and we'll be in Disneyland for a few days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Hi, I'm looking for a bit of advice flying while pregnant, I'll be 11+4 and due to fly to Paris, is it recommended? It's only an hour and a half flight and we'll be in Disneyland for a few days.

NHS has really good guidelines on it! You should be fine! I’m going to be 15+2 flying out to NYC for 2 weeks and everything I’ve looked up says once you follow certain guidelines (compression socks, moving around etc) it’s all fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I flew to Australia at 16 weeks on my first. I had been told it wasn’t an issue. Just check your travel insurance and make sure you’re covered for pregnancy related stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ahhhhh your going to Disneyland so jealous....Love it there sorry and after that yep you should be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

You'll be fine. There's no evidence that it has any effect on your pregnancy at all.
    But don't get on the roller coasters in Disneyland!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yeah you'll be fine. I flew at 11 weeks (needed to puke a few times but was grand) and at 26 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

Effects wrote: »
    You'll be fine. There's no evidence that it has any effect on your pregnancy at all.
    But don't get on the roller coasters in Disneyland!

Thanks, luckily I'm not a fan of rollercoasters, big thunder mountain would be as much as I'd usually go on but being pregnant going on that wouldn't be a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

you'll be fine flying until your third trimester really unless you have specific medical issues. Airlines will also not flag it unless you look very pregnant and are over 28 or 32 weeks or so (depending on airline and distance) where they may need a form or a letter from your GP.
    For long distance they recommend compression socks, keeping well hydrated and walking around every 30-40 mins or so.

Advertisement