Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Logbook after VRT

• 03-04-2019 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Intelligent motoring folk, can I pick your brain?

I imported a car last month, paid vrt and got NCT. Want to sell it now but realise I've no Irish logbook. At what stage was I supposed to recieve that? The car isn't taxed now as im gonna be leaving country.

Were they supposed to post the new logbook to me after I cleared it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭9935452

im open to correction on this but i think you dont get a logbook until you tax the car/vehicle.
    I used a standard change of ownership form to transfer ownership on a quad that was never taxed a few years ago.
    It might say pre 93 but they will accept it

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bonkers67

You have to tax it to get the logbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mic2727

bonkers67 wrote: »
    You have to tax it to get the logbook.

I'm going off to work abroad, so I don't want to tax it or insure it, I want to sell it.

Donedeal won't let me advertise it without the logbook number. Can somebody buy it without the logbook?

mic2727 wrote: »
    I'm going off to work abroad, so I don't want to tax it or insure it, I want to sell it.

Donedeal won't let me advertise it without the logbook number. Can somebody buy it without the logbook?

I’ve no idea. You have to tax it in order to get the logbook. That’s all I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tax it for 3 months, nobody in their right mind will buy it with no log book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Yeah, literally nobody is going to go near it unless you have a logbook.

Tax it online for three months, just put in ABC123456789 when they ask for an insurance policy number, and a random expiry date sometime in the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

As said you have to tax the car for first time before the logbook is issued and nobody in their right mind will buy a car from you without a logbook. Just tax it for 3 months, it can only make it more appealing to a potential buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mic2727

bazz26 wrote: »
    As said you have to tax the car for first time before the logbook is issued and nobody in their right mind will buy a car from you without a logbook. Just tax it for 3 months, it can only make it more appealing to a potential buyer.

Yea cheers you're right. I taxed it there online, but does the logbook automatically get sent out once an imported car is taxed for first time? Or do I have to specifically request it somewhere.

Yea cheers you're right. I taxed it there online, but does the logbook automatically get sent out once an imported car is taxed for first time? Or do I have to specifically request it somewhere.

You’ll get it in a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's automatically triggered to be sent out once you tax the car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement