Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Bob24 wrote: »
    See section 9.4 of this document which is probably the driver for him planning on 3 years minimum: https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/ie/Documents/Tax/ie-tax-ges-moving-abroad-guide.pdf

The key part is:

Completely unfair and abusive IMO, but that is the way it seems too be.

This is it exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Fun fact from which you can make out whatever you want: there has only been a total of 12 days in history whereby Bitcoin had a higher price than the value it reached last night (in USD).

https://cointelegraph.com/news/the-bitcoin-price-has-only-been-higher-than-now-for-12-days-in-its-history

Taxes are 50% of the Portugese case, this is the other half.

291ca8fc90425d1fa4b11d16c700c7bb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    cost average in and put it away

there's a flare spark token airdrop on the 12th Dec and you will get minimum 1:1 Spark for each XRP
    there is no value associated with the spark token as of yet

It could drive XRP demand up a bit coming towards the date who knows

I've got myself a bag and dont stress too much on them as they are one of the only crypto companies pushing for regulation and I think they are worth a gamble long term (5yrs)

Sorry if not the the right place to ask. I bought some XRP through Kraken. Just checking in on it, and see that they will not credit this airdrop, saying I need a hardware wallet. It suggests Ledger or Trezor. I assume I will have to pay for this? I'm a bit clueless with this, could anyone explain in laymans terms what I need to do, or point me in the right direction. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

FUD :)
    1 massive sale was reason for last drop though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Sorry if not the the right place to ask. I bought some XRP through Kraken. Just checking in on it, and see that they will not credit this airdrop, saying I need a hardware wallet. It suggests Ledger or Trezor. I assume I will have to pay for this? I'm a bit clueless with this, could anyone explain in laymans terms what I need to do, or point me in the right direction. cheers

doesnt look like so far but possible
    https://en.ethereumworldnews.com/binance-kraken-in-talks-to-support-xrps-spark-token-airdrop/

The Ledger setup is easy enough but takes about 10 min

if you dont want to get a Ledger then maybe setup an Uphold account on their exchange. Very easy to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Taxes are 50% of the Portugese case, this is the other half.

lol what happens in year 3 if crypto crashes again... another three years :)

jobless wrote: »
    lol what happens in year 3 if crypto crashes again... another three years :)

Will take it one day at a time! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Bob24 wrote: »

Completely unfair and abusive IMO, but that is the way it seems to be.

Also, it looks like there is no clear legal definition of how you become "domiciled" (except by the virtue of being born in Ireland). So I think someone who is not originally from Ireland, lives here for a couple of years, and then leaves the country will not necessarily have this 3 years issue - but it is a bit foggy to me and probably a discussion for a thread on a legal or taxation forum.

It doesn't have to be 3 years, if you don't intend to return. You can cash out the minute you have a local bank account if you want. Irish laws ends at the Irish border.

FFVII wrote: »
    1 massive sale was reason for last drop though?

There are potentially far larger whales swimming in the sea than the pint sized Bitcoin whales. If they try their big drop tricks now, one of the new whales could go on a, buying spree with the price climbing fast or barely falling and the whale could find itself unable to buy back in cheaply and so might find itself out of the game this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Coinbase earn released two more lessons on zcash for 2 dollars. It’s not much but every little helps.

No better way to start the weekend than a good stack of Bitcoin with the morning coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭One More Toy

No better way to start the weekend than a good stack of Bitcoin with the morning coffee.

I think I'll join you

Guys I'm having a problem trying to transfer bitcoin from coinbase to my ledger Nano s.

When I use the QR code coinbase says it doesn't look like a valid address

I updated the firmware on my nano just now, any ideas?

Thank you in advance

Edit: got sorted by copying and pasting the address. Anyone else having this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

I think I'll join you

Yep me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Edit: got sorted by copying and pasting the address.
    Whenever you copy and paste an address, always double check the address after pasting (lest you have malware and they've swapped out your address for theirs).

Whenever you copy and paste an address, always double check the address after pasting (lest you have malware and they've swapped out your address for theirs).

Oh yes I made sure of this. Don't know why the qr code on the ledger wasn't accepted after the firmware update

Grayscale has bought another 15,000 Bitcoin this week and this.....

https://twitter.com/petermccormack/status/1327666130421477383?s=24

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Is bitcoin atms the only way around kyc. Their fees are ridiculous though

been trying to get some info on the whole Portugal CGT exempt and its a bit confusing, however have yet to find somewhere where it states its 0% CGT

https://www.blevinsfranks.com/news/article/Portugal-capital-gains-tax#:~:text=Capital%20gains%20tax%20for%20Portuguese%20residents&text=Shares%2C%20securities%20and%20bonds%20are,actually%20quite%20generous%20for%20residents.

As I understand, Portugal does have CGT, but it doesn’t apply to crypto as it is not considered an asset for the purpose of CGT calculation. Would have to be verified though.

There are also quite a few countries in the world (including some in Europe) which don’t have CGT at all, in these the situation would be more clear. Singapore would be a nice one to live in IMO, but I don’t know how easy it would be to become a resident there.

Can anyone recommend a good portfolio app for android? Tia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,243 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Can anyone recommend a good portfolio app for android? Tia

Blockfolio for the portfolio and CMA app for quickly checking prices

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Blockfolio for the portfolio and CMA app for quickly checking prices

Thank you

I use coin stats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

Has anyone used their revolute app to buy crypto currencies?

I want to dabble a little and it seems straight forward but I want to hear what others think first!?

Any advice appreciated,

frag420 wrote: »

I want to dabble a little and it seems straight forward but I want to hear what others think first!?

Any advice appreciated,

Nah just use coinbase

I can give you a referral link that gives us both €9 in bitcoin when you make your first purchase of €90

• Advertisement

frag420 wrote: »

Any advice appreciated,

You’re not actually buying the cryptocurrency, just an IOU from Revolut. If you want exposure to the price swings in crypto it’s fine, but it’s not actually crypto and you can’t withdraw or send it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The Netherlands have no CGT at all.

unkel wrote: »

Be right back I'm booking my plane ticket

Irish_rat wrote: »

Are you trying to completely avoid KYC or are you just having a problem meeting exchange requirements?

If I get it right, there is no CGT because they have a wealth tax instead. I.e. each year you are taxed 1.2% of your net assets value (excluding your primary residence and any amount below 20000 euros).

If that is correct it is pretty crap for a crypto holder, as it means every year you have to hand out 1.2% of the euro value of your holdings to the taxman (even if you haven’t disposed of those assets).

Edit: this seems to confirm it: https://www.expatbriefing.com/country/netherlands/taxation/investment-taxation-for-expats-in-the-netherlands.html

Same for NZ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭el diablo

Irish_rat wrote: »

www.localbitcoins.net

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Anyone else holding any ZIL these days? Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

el diablo wrote: »

how kosher is this?

how kosher is this?

For Chuck Norris; very.

tcawley29 wrote: »
    Anyone else holding any ZIL these days? Thoughts?

Staking not as big now as a few weeks ago, it started @ 29% , now @ 21%

The gZil is massive incentive though

Could potentially double your account in 12 months in terms of quantity, not to mind potential growth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭el diablo

how kosher is this?

It's safe. Just make sure you use someone with a high feedback score and a high amount of trusted verifications.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Well, can't say I was expecting that LTC spike but I certainly enjoyed it.
    I do need to move away from my very outdated mindset of BTC/Gold, ETH/Silver and LTC/Bronze mindset for my allocations though.

Oh yes. :D

then its time to sell if everyone is feeling excited ;)

Even XRP has hit $0.30, something is wrong :D

then its time to sell if everyone is feeling excited ;)

Even XRP has hit $0.30, something is wrong :D

Yes something out of place in the Universe alright. I’ve a feeling there will be many new XRP etc bag holders after the next bull run. Human nature. The only friend I have who owns Bitcoin also owns XRP despite knowing nothing about XRP or Ripple. Only owns it because it seems cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

****'s getting real! :D

Whelo79 wrote: »
    ****'s getting real! :D

$17,000 worth of real!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Novogratz is saying $65,000 this cycle :)

Yes something out of place in the Universe alright. I’ve a feeling there will be many new XRP etc bag holders after the next bull run. Human nature. The only friend I have who owns Bitcoin also owns XRP despite knowing nothing about XRP or Ripple. Only owns it because it seems cheap.

I think the Spark token airdrop might be influencing the price, could see a rise up until the 12th Dec and then a big sell off

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement