Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Anyone up for taking a punt on 2019 BTC high? Just for fun.

I'll go with $25,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

I'll go with $25,000.

I'll go with 23763 dollars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

I'll go with $25,000.

Would be very happy if it gradually climbed to and was testing $15k EOY, not really expecting anything crazy until mid/late next year. But we all know when it hits $10k the media will be all over it which will most likely kickstart full on mass FOMO. It's funny thinking about this, you try to be reasonable and think of realistic price points, but then you remember how people were doubtful it'd surpass $8-10k in 2017 and look what happened after that. Excited about the possibility of crazy stuff like this happening again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

I'll go with $25,000.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

This article has piqued my interest.

I've worked on a project providing software to track and maintain individual credentials, designations etc. within very large enterprises.

I'm trying to understand the benefits of blockchain here over a secure DB?

Dades wrote: »

I've worked on a project providing software to track and maintain individual credentials, designations etc. within very large enterprises.

You know what you need and know your field I'd like to hear the answer you will hopefully get.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    You know what you need and know your field I'd like to hear the answer you will hopefully get.
    Yeah, I'm genuinely curious. Though without understanding this area of compliance it's a tough one to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Without revealing too much, is it KYC and AML for banks and other financial institutions? I've heard Deloitte are going around like a junkie on meth pitching their blockchain platform to all and sundry. Believe they are also trying to pitch their hopiumwares to a large utility with an extensive asset base. I'd say the problem with both usecases is that entering, storing, sharing, and retrieving the data is the easy part of the problem to solve; the issue is verifying the integrity of the data entering the system in the first place. Garbage in, garbage out I think it's called.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

I'll go with $25,000.

120,000 euro.

JJJJNR wrote: »
    120,000 euro.

Sorry wrong calculator 44,000 euro.

Sorry wrong calculator 44,000 euro.

Johnnyflash is that you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Johnnyflash is that you

I hoping it's €5 since you agreed a price of 1.5 BTC for your car....:p:p:p:p:p

I was using the tether calculator 1st time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

What’s happening this afternoon? The Tether printer starting up?

Well the FED and ECB printers have been running day and night now for years...but that's alright apparently.

Might as well be on the set of Angela's Ashes when you breeze in here. Never a single good word to say.

I only glanced through the article last night. However Blockchain brings with it immutability. Nobody could trust beyond doubt that a centralised database wouldn't be tampered with. Enterprise level Blockchain a can be used between parties where parties don't have to trust each other but they can trust in the Blockchain, they can all access it or the parts of it that are relevant to them, etc.

That's my general understanding - I'm not saying this is the correct implementation and use of the technology in this instance as I'm not familiar with it to that extent.

The miserable one above focuses on the negative - and of course it does depend on the info that's input in the first instance. That doesn't make the tech null and void. Systems and processes are needed for all manner of things to make them work effectively...or I guess we could just throw a wobbler and walk away saying can't work, won't work ( as yer man JF above wants ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

I'll go with $25,000.

$11,352. Some people here getting ridiculously carried away. The market is massively manipulated and I won't be surprised if we see a massive dump in the coming weeks.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

I'll go with $25,000.
    I don't know about ATH or 2019 ATH but I'll go for $9k End of Year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I think it will pop up about 1200 every 2 months a month. So around 12-ish-k.

• Advertisement

Without revealing too much, is it KYC and AML for banks and other financial institutions? I've heard Deloitte are going around like a junkie on meth pitching their blockchain platform to all and sundry. Believe they are also trying to pitch their hopiumwares to a large utility with an extensive asset base. I'd say the problem with both usecases is that entering, storing, sharing, and retrieving the data is the easy part of the problem to solve; the issue is verifying the integrity of the data entering the system in the first place. Garbage in, garbage out I think it's called.

Did you not consider the possibility of it being a private blockchain where only verified organisations gain access to it for viewing and submitting data? Is it not fair to assume that it could be setup and Universities and companies and organisations could approach them to fulfill some verification procedures which establishes them as immutable viewers and submitters of proof of qualifications and experience? At least this is what instantly popped into my head upon a quick reading

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Arrival wrote: »
    Did you not consider the possibility of it being a private blockchain where only verified organisations gain access to it for viewing and submitting data? Is it not fair to assume that it could be setup and Universities and companies and organisations could approach them to fulfill some verification procedures which establishes them as immutable viewers and submitters of proof of qualifications and experience? At least this is what instantly popped into my head upon a quick reading

Private blockchain? Why not use a database? The difficult bit is the verification of data. Blockchain is as about as much use as a cock flavoured lollipop for that. This ‘law is code’ nonsense is the same as cowboys claiming they can convert natural language into low level programming languages. Pure hopium. There’s a reason not a single whitepaper, exciting team, or ‘partnership’ from 2017 has come to fruition now. It’s all a load of cynical bollocks designed to get mugs to covert fiat into magic beans.

Private blockchain? Why not use a database? The difficult bit is the verification of data. Blockchain is as about as much use as a cock flavoured lollipop for that. This ‘law is code’ nonsense is the same as cowboys claiming they can convert natural language into low level programming languages. Pure hopium. There’s a reason not a single whitepaper, exciting team, or ‘partnership’ from 2017 has come to fruition now. It’s all a load of cynical bollocks designed to get mugs to covert fiat into magic beans.

I think Brendan should fetch the bacon from the butcher

Trolls on here (as usual) making statements they can't back up whilst repeating the same old garbage and yet when challenged, they won't put their money where their mouths are and short crypto. Posts that only belong in after hours but wouldn't attract the same attention there it seems..

Trolls on here (as usual) making statements they can't back up whilst repeating the same old garbage and yet when challenged, they won't put their money where their mouths are and short crypto. Posts that only belong in after hours but wouldn't attract the same attention there it seems..

Wha? Who?

Thanks for the responses. I work in the compliance space where trust and accountability are everything.
    The thing is, you can hook in with regulatory authorities such as FINRA (in the US) without the level of immutability of blockchain. Any enterprise can share personal data feeds with verified organisations as long as your own security credentials are sound.

There must be some other reason for using blockchain, as you'd have to think blockchain implementation and upkeep is degrees more complicated than a 'traditional' SaaS model.

I'm not trying to hijack the "excited" thread btw (I dabbled a bit in Matic earlier this month!) ignore or move on at will. :)

Thanks for the responses. I work in the compliance space where trust and accountability are everything.
    The thing is, you can hook in with regulatory authorities such as FINRA (in the US) without the level of immutability of blockchain. Any enterprise can share personal data feeds with verified organisations as long as your own security credentials are sound.

There must be some other reason for using blockchain, as you'd have to think blockchain implementation and upkeep is degrees more complicated than a 'traditional' SaaS model.

I'm not trying to hijack the "excited" thread btw (I dabbled a bit in Matic earlier this month!) ignore or move on at will. :)

Smart Contracts and the decentralisation of an application platform? blockchain as a service offerings are available for the same reason other 'as a service' solutions are available. Microsoft is currently running a decentralised solution for identity management (Microsoft ION) initially on the back of the bitcoin network, but it will port over to any platform in future releases.

Ah class, thanks for the insight. Can you stay away from these threads now that you've shared your anti crypto opinion? We get it now, thanks for the enlightenment. You surely realise there's no point in coming back after stating this, right? Or do you have no semblance of a life outside of spreading your hopium of this industry failing lol

Imagine putting JohnnyFlash or any of these other freaks in a room with the likes of Vitalik so they can spout this type of stuff at them and tell them they're wasting their time. I'd actually pay 1 ETH to see it.

Ah class, thanks for the insight. Can you stay away from these threads now that you've shared your anti crypto opinion? We get it now, thanks for the enlightenment. You surely realise there's no point in coming back after stating this, right? Or do you have no semblance of a life outside of spreading your hopium of this industry failing lol

Imagine putting JohnnyFlash or any of these other freaks in a room with the likes of Vitalik so they can spout this type of stuff at them and tell them they're wasting their time. I'd actually pay 1 ETH to see it.

Send me the ETH il set it up. But seriously who cares what other doubters think? The world is full of different opinions and living in an echo chamber is not good.
    Blockchain could be the future or it may fizzle out.

One thing that I do know is the crypto market isn't Blockchain. It's a stock exchange on steroids. Unregulated and manipulated wild west

Blueshoe wrote: »

Send me the ETH il set it up. But seriously who cares what other doubters think? The world is full of different opinions and living in an echo chamber is not good.
    Blockchain could be the future or it may fizzle out.

One thing that I do know is the crypto market isn't Blockchain. It's a stock exchange on steroids. Unregulated and manipulated wild west

I actually don't care, I'm just completely bemused why anyone who's so adamant the industry is useless and going to fail would repeatedly spend their free time coming on forums to tell people who are adamant the industry is going to be useful and succeed...on a subforum specifically for that industry. I feel pity more than anything since the long term result is going to be either they are right and we continue living life like usual or we are right, acquire life-changing wealth and they live looking back on all of the time they wasted ignorantly talking negatively about that technology. It's pretty funny when you think about it, it's almost like they feel this technology and market is a personal attack on them

Anyway, give a listen to this nerd talking about his useless tech idea:

https://mobile.twitter.com/businessinsider/status/1134393328676421633?s=19

• Advertisement

I'm fairly sure J is tongue and cheek with everything he posts here.. in fairness having a one sided discussion/argument is pretty boring, I don't think he has ever wished ill toward anyone on the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Been 24 hours or so since the biggest drop, CMC now all green, stuff seems to be gradually rising, will see if it holds
    https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/#EUR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Johnny is a Doge moonboy apparently. His alter ego Paddy is quite partial to Tron.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

grindle wrote: »
    Whatever about the project and qualifications of the team behind it, doing a search for 'Harmony One' on Reddit doesn't inspire much confidence.
    2YcEHSu.jpg
    Great team sirs, very much confidence for the future, this protocol beckons the path of decentralised righteousness sirs!
    It's like a Fiverr-shill army or something.

Grindle I detect sarcasm but I'm not sure.
    Is this Project worth a look.

It's started Trading today and Im considering it after the previous launch of Matic. Would appreciate your opinion on it.

All my coins are at a standstill except BNB. I'm not sure if it will rise much more so was considering taking profits and putting some on Harmony. I got in at €14 on BNB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Grindle I detect sarcasm but I'm not sure.
    Sarcasm? From me? I have an inkling that somebody who's bought tokens through the seed round has paid for some shill army, maybe with a promise of airdropped coins. There's a hum of poverty-shills.
    Is this Project worth a look.
    Maybe. The team has had great success in the past (although mentioning that they have two PhDs in the team in every interview reeks a bit too). The whitepaper is coherent but reads like half a whitepaper - it says what they want to do and gives a rough guide of what they want to implement but not how they plan to implement it and how the incentives for nodes work. It's "protocol-defined". Cool, tell us what's going to be written into the protocol.

It doesn't get into the token economics or how the token allocation has been split beyond saying that the Binance sale was 12.5% of supply and another 12.5% belongs to whichever funds were in their seed round (valued @ $18m).

That bunch of VC investors have to own more than their 12.5% which have been unlocked because the 12.5% which Binance Launchpad had for sale was valued around $5m - why would any VC funds spend nearly 400% more than the lowly plebs?

The price the Binance crowd got in at was ~$0.003, it's over 8x from there now with a circulating supply market cap of around $80m (which Matic reached and that's just a sidechain) but it's going to be it's own ecosystem, more along the lines of ADA or ZIL, so...
    How bullish are you? Do you think it could be a billion dollar cap? How risk-averse are you, how patient are you and how much faith do you put in a relatively small but previously successful team (who have given no details on the token allocation)?

Good watch.

How E&Y uploaded with that low volume and resolution is beyond me though.
    I hope they're more competent with blockchain.

Bought some at 5am and sold it 10 seconds later!

Truckermal wrote: »
    Bought some at 5am and sold it 10 seconds later!

Insta-2x?

Insta-2x?

Yep then looked at it again at 9am and it was 250 sats so I decided to jump in again but fcuk me I hit limit order instead of market order and it went up to 330...:mad:

• Advertisement

Sarcasm? From me? I have an inkling that somebody who's bought tokens through the seed round has paid for some shill army, maybe with a promise of airdropped coins. There's a hum of poverty-shills.

Maybe. The team has had great success in the past (although mentioning that they have two PhDs in the team in every interview reeks a bit too). The whitepaper is coherent but reads like half a whitepaper - it says what they want to do and gives a rough guide of what they want to implement but not how they plan to implement it and how the incentives for nodes work. It's "protocol-defined". Cool, tell us what's going to be written into the protocol.

It doesn't get into the token economics or how the token allocation has been split beyond saying that the Binance sale was 12.5% of supply and another 12.5% belongs to whichever funds were in their seed round (valued @ $18m).

That bunch of VC investors have to own more than their 12.5% which have been unlocked because the 12.5% which Binance Launchpad had for sale was valued around $5m - why would any VC funds spend nearly 400% more than the lowly plebs?

The price the Binance crowd got in at was ~$0.003, it's over 8x from there now with a circulating supply market cap of around $80m (which Matic reached and that's just a sidechain) but it's going to be it's own ecosystem, more along the lines of ADA or ZIL, so...
    How bullish are you? Do you think it could be a billion dollar cap? How risk-averse are you, how patient are you and how much faith do you put in a relatively small but previously successful team (who have given no details on the token allocation)?

Thanks for the reply, I think I'll take a chance on it on the basis that the team have good experience behind them although thats outside of crypto.

I presume that the initial Pump will continue over the weekend going by what happened with Matic although If it's 8x already it might dump tomorrow. It might be worth buying in after that.

Yep then looked at it again at 9am and it was 250 sats so I decided to jump in again but fcuk me I hit limit order instead of market order and it went up to 330...:mad:

Hopefully it'll drop back. The VC's have 50% of current supply to dump and they're in profit all the way down to 70-80% drop from current price. Could be like RVN and have it's small (in restrospect, horrible for those who bought the top) dip, then go ballistic again.

Dent doing well earlier too! Yep looking forward to the Harmony dump!

Smart Contracts and the decentralisation of an application platform? blockchain as a service offerings are available for the same reason other 'as a service' solutions are available. Microsoft is currently running a decentralised solution for identity management (Microsoft ION) initially on the back of the bitcoin network, but it will port over to any platform in future releases.
    That's just buzzwords. Why use blockchain in this scenario instead of a traditional DB when compliance regulatory bodies continue to embrace DBs as an accepted method of storing and maintaining data?

Ravencoin going well since yesterday!

Coinbase Earn has a new course on EOS. You can earn $10 worth by answering 5 questions. No referral links needed.

• Advertisement

That's just buzzwords. Why use blockchain in this scenario instead of a traditional DB when compliance regulatory bodies continue to embrace DBs as an accepted method of storing and maintaining data?

Microsoft operate in one of the most stringent areas of financial compliance in the world, where the biggest banks are using their security to protect your data. There's huge areas that need improving where a traditional database doesn't work and data is easily manipulated.

The fact your referring to a working product as a buzz word imo means your here just to troll.

Do your own research if your in that area. DBs will soon be known as legacy within the next 5 to 10 years.

They need the space to lock up grannies that haven't paid their tv licence.

Dent doing well earlier too! Yep looking forward to the Harmony dump!

Harmony is €0.018 atm. What would be a good price to get in at.

Harmony is €0.018 atm. What would be a good price to get in at.

Tough call it bottomed at 234 Sats and currently at 240.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement