Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭OEP

This feels like the decline to me. Plunges, then recovers somewhat but not to the previous level, big drop again and small recovery.....

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭BrandonBay86

OEP wrote: »
    This feels like the decline to me. Plunges, then recovers somewhat but not to the previous level, big drop again and small recovery.....

RSI has reset to around 50, so unlikely we’ll see below 39k any time soon. (Not impossible, but improbable)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

OEP wrote: »

:(:)

In fairness, it's a micro-cap coin only out since December that hasn't mooned or anything yet so that probably swayed me. But still, like once coinbase does its ipo etc. things will just continue mature maybe? Less chance of the 'moonshots' maybe but less getting rekt.

And there just seems to be an accepted sense through much more people that the technology has a use and a future even if people aren't sure how that will play out. Ah I'm pure guessing really, change my mind on a whim :rolleyes:, but I'm kind of working of if the stock market has a future then so does this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

RSI has reset to around 50, so unlikely we’ll see below 39k any time soon. (Not impossible, but improbable)

Do you have a take on the drop? I usually just think 'overbought, correction' or the bond yields same as stocks but obviously there's trading things going on in the background as well. Like I was wondering was there a bit of a 'reverse gamestop' going on - shorters seeing the longs overleveraged & weak and pouncing.

The sooner BTC decouples from the rest of the market as well if that's possiblewould be great imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Need to take a long term view here. Don't worry about the short term dips.

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    Need to take a long term view here. Don't worry about the short term dips.

I’m in the space 4 years... just trying to keep the attitude positive.

Mucashinto wrote: »
    Do you have a take on the drop? I usually just think 'overbought, correction' or the bond yields same as stocks but obviously there's trading things going on in the background as well. Like I was wondering was there a bit of a 'reverse gamestop' going on - shorters seeing the longs overleveraged & weak and pouncing.

The sooner BTC decouples from the rest of the market as well if that's possiblewould be great imo.

My main take is that in the last bull run there were 13/14 30% pull backs.

I’ve no doubt at all that Bitcoin will touch $100,000 within a year so I just buy the dip and continue to DCA weekly.

A lot of people entered the space recently, so they would have pretty weak hands. First sign of a drop, and they sell, so it snowballs. Exchanges don’t like to see leveraged traders carrying gains too far either, so they can cause some of the extreme wicks down when they collude. Just my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

My gut feeling is we will at best move sideways this weekend with most likely a small dip, before we start to move up on Monday 1st March so looking for any of your picks and why, chip in and give you opinion on the following, at the end of the day we all want the same thing and that’s to make profit, surely if we pool our research we can find a few hidden gems and get on board before they pump.

DOT
    Read that 70-80% are staked, with the Parachain slots auction coming up the available DOT to trade is going to drop to 10% or less, i’d expect the price of it to rise after the auction this summer.

KSM
    10m supply is up for a vote to do a 1-100 token split, same as what happened to DOT, vote result either way it will pump, and the same parachain auction are up soon

1Inch
    Looks undervalued compared to rival DEX

BNT

LYXE
    NFT’s are growing in popularity, i don’t see the appeal so far, but maybe you buy a real Gucci bag with a QR code inside and get the NFT to prove it is the real deal? I don’t know, maybe something like that, Lukso looks to have Advisors from well know companies, could be nothing
    https://lukso.network/about
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/sharonedelson/2020/11/02/blockchain-startup-lukso-explains-the-digital-wardrobe-and-why-youll-want-one/

Bounce(AUCTION)
    Another NFT marketplace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Any thoughts on ADA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

My gut feeling is we will at best move sideways this weekend with most likely a small dip, before we start to move up on Monday 1st March so looking for any of your picks and why, chip in and give you opinion on the following, at the end of the day we all want the same thing and that’s to make profit, surely if we pool our research we can find a few hidden gems and get on board before they pump.

DOT
    Read that 70-80% are staked, with the Parachain slots auction coming up the available DOT to trade is going to drop to 10% or less, i’d expect the price of it to rise after the auction this summer.

KSM
    10m supply is up for a vote to do a 1-100 token split, same as what happened to DOT, vote result either way it will pump, and the same parachain auction are up soon

1Inch

BNT

LYXE
    NFT’s are growing in popularity, i don’t see the appeal so far, but maybe you buy a real Gucci bag with a QR code inside and get the NFT to prove it is the real deal? I don’t know, maybe something like that, Lukso looks to have Advisors from well know companies, could be nothing
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/sharonedelson/2020/11/02/blockchain-startup-lukso-explains-the-digital-wardrobe-and-why-youll-want-one/

Bounce(AUCTION)
    Another NFT marketplace.

I read somewhere that ethereum backers believe the Optimism scaling solution coming in March could be bad news for DOT.

I'm holding DOT and things like this worry me, but no plans to sell yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

1Inch

I’m DCA’ing into 1inch at the moment, potential seems huge, I can’t understand how it’s not doing much better. Are there any obvious red flags I might have missed with this one?
    LYXE

Bounce(AUCTION)
    Another NFT marketplace.

Im just not feeling NFTs, I’m sure the technology is useful and will last, I just think there are better gains to be made elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

What about Phala (PHA) a data protection and privacy network that will serve the entire Polkadot eco? Could be a runner and is still relatively cheap at €0.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

So I guess the main news is 1inch and lto network are available on bsc.

Another plus for BNB, could it flip eth?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

mdmix wrote: »
    I’m DCA’ing into 1inch at the moment, potential seems huge, I can’t understand how it’s not doing much better. Are there any obvious red flags I might have missed with this one?

Im just not feeling NFTs, I’m sure the technology is useful and will last, I just think there are better gains to be made elsewhere.

i there much juice left in it at + 3euro ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Truckermal wrote: »
    Any thoughts on ADA?

I just hit my first sell point in my exit strategy @ $1.38

thats my 2nd one this month, its a nice feeling when the alerts to sell are now starting to go off

I'm hoping for a $4-5 ADA this bull run, but I think the next one will be ADA's & Theta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

moved some ADA earlier from wallet to exchange

Nice to see that transaction speed compared to ETH & BTC which can take ages

It was quick but not nearly half as quick as Theta or DGB speeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Bought some reef as well earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

i there much juice left in it at + 3euro ?

It seems likely in my mind - but you might well have it dip much lower, who knows? Ethereum'll eventually have tx prices that'll either divide by 64 or else a balance between that and 64 times the transactions filling the main chain so if you think Ethereum succeeds then everything that makes it more useful succeeds with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

For those curious about NFTs, I got involved in that Street Fighter NFT Sale on Feb 18th to see what it's all about.

Was pretty interesting, I bought 10 packs of 60 cards for $50usd each, held in a WAX wallet. I've only opened one pack so far and combined some of the cards to make rarer cards (it burns the old ones) and you can sell these. I just checked the market place now and the cheapest unopened packs are going for $80. I haven't checked the market price of the common cards I'm holding (I have 40+ cards now) but I could probably sell all the cards individually for maybe $100-120 or so, with the two rarest cards making up about 75% of that. I can also open more packs to create rarer combos and try sell those. Some super rare cards going for 6/7 figures, yikes!

Some big money floating around in NFTs and new ones seem to be popping up all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

For those curious about NFTs, I got involved in that Street Fighter NFT Sale on Feb 18th to see what it's all about.

Was pretty interesting, I bought 10 packs of 60 cards for $50usd each, held in a WAX wallet. I've only opened one pack so far and combined some of the cards to make rarer cards (it burns the old ones) and you can sell these. I just checked the market place now and the cheapest unopened packs are going for $80. I haven't checked the market price of the common cards I'm holding (I have 40+ cards now) but I could probably sell all the cards individually for maybe $100-120 or so, with the two rarest cards making up about 75% of that. I can also open more packs to create rarer combos and try sell those. Some super rare cards going for 6/7 figures, yikes!

Some big money floating around in NFTs and new ones seem to be popping up all over the place.

Is this running on Ethereum, and if yes how are the gas fees?

I haven’t been involved myself but heard from others that given the network congestion NTFs on Ethereum are a pain because of the fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Transfered all my ETH to ADA Cardano 3 weeks ago and happy that I done it. The ETH transfer costs are rediculous, so Cardano is going to the moon and I have Hoddled ADA for 3 years so far and will be hoddling for another 3 years with patience while staking. I can see a €9 ADA by next november. Just have to wait for the next ADA dip to apply and more will go in. It's going to the moon folks.

That capital gains tax needs to be lowered for crypto, 33% is nuts.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Transfered all my ETH to ADA Cardano 3 weeks ago and happy that I done it. The ETH transfer costs are rediculous, so Cardano is going to the moon and I have Hoddled ADA for 3 years so far and will be hoddling for another 3 years with patience while staking. I can see a €9 ADA by next november. Just have to wait for the next ADA dip to apply and more will go in. It's going to the moon folks.

That capital gains tax needs to be lowered for crypto, 33% is nuts.

Capital gains is capital gains; at least you don't need to hold it 4 weeks like stocks.

ETH is hitting the Berlin fork in April so I'd hold off on calling a winner till then. Agree that gas prices are ridiculous atm.

My eyes have been bugging out re: foundation.app prices in recent times, as well as some other bits and pieces ETH wise. Any good resources you've found for keeping an eye on stuff like that or other NFT sales? Very eager to get involved in some NFT as cheaply as possible for a speculative play.

Was looking at sorare based on pure volume, and have signed up for a wax account to have a look around.

Some Live News...

Scrap that link, just Elon Musk blabbing on about batteries, must have missed the start of it all.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Some Live News...

Scrap that link, just Elon Musk blabbing on about batteries, must have missed the start of it all.

What's all that stuff in the video about sending ada/btc to an address and getting double back? must be a scam.

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    What's all that stuff in the video about sending ada/btc to an address and getting double back? must be a scam.

Yep, just a scam YT channel and site looking to make money from newbs who see Elon's name and cream their pants.

ShaneU wrote: »

Yeah that fecker caught me there, there seems to be hundreds of thousands of these scams. I took it down as soon as i copped it. Just shows how careful you have to be, It got me while not concentrating.

I screwed up there on that one for sure. It caught me out of the blue and I just assumed it was going to be one of those live interesting feeds on Said coin. At least this will make new comers to the thread aware of the thousands of fake crypto sites on youtube etc... So don't be tired when choosing a link or video.

Apologies folks, That won't happen again.

That website has been reported for fraudulant activity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah that fecker caught me there, there seems to be hundreds of thousands of these scams. I took it down as soon as i copped it. Just shows how careful you have to be, It got me while not concentrating.

I screwed up there on that one for sure. It caught me out of the blue and I just assumed it was going to be one of those live interesting feeds on Said coin. At least this will make new comers to the thread aware of the thousands of fake crypto sites on youtube etc... So don't be tired when choosing a link or video.

Apologies folks, That won't happen again.

That website has been reported for fraudulant activity.

The minute lockdown started those kind of things exploded, I see them everywhere and have had a few whatsapps from friends asking me if it's real for various scams. If you look at the BTC address or wherever they want you to send your coins with something like https://www.blockchain.com/explorer you can see its a lucrative business for the scammer.

Thargor wrote: »
    The minute lockdown started those kind of things exploded, I see them everywhere and have had a few whatsapps from friends asking me if it's real for various scams. If you look at the BTC address or wherever they want you to send your coins with something like https://www.blockchain.com/explorer you can see its a lucrative business for the scammer.

I have a few weeks off so I might just waste that time reporting as many of them as I can to get them shut down. If it got me once there, then it sure is getting many.

Well that site has been blocked from transmitting/streaming his/her crypto scam video's. One down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuucQlhfq9U

Scammer-Is-shut-Down.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭TXPTGR1

Fair play to them they know people who are into crypto and Elon musk are absolute rubes ripe to be scammed- done see anything wrong with trying to scam greedy morons who are effectively trying to scam other people into holding their useless bags?

• Advertisement

TXPTGR1 wrote: »
    Fair play to them they know people who are into crypto and Elon musk are absolute rubes ripe to be scammed- done see anything wrong with trying to scam greedy morons who are effectively trying to scam other people into holding their useless bags?

hollow-brainlet-wojak.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Nice. Tried to get into the Street Fighter one too but couldn't wrap my head around how to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,243 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

BuY tHe DiP
    GeTtiNg OuT my CreDiT CaRd
    SPriNG SalEs
    StOcKiNg uP on ChEap SaTs
    ShAkINg OuT thE WeAk HanDs

Just kidding, hopefully it's another 2h 2017 and not another 2014/2018

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭hblock21

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    BuY tHe DiP
    GeTtiNg OuT my CreDiT CaRd
    SPriNG SalEs
    StOcKiNg uP on ChEap SaTs
    ShAkINg OuT thE WeAk HanDs

Just kidding, hopefully it's another 2h 2017 and not another 2014/2018

What you buying?

hblock21 wrote: »
    What you buying?

Nothing, I've been selling since December. I was lucky enough to buy crypto at lower price points over previous years. Buy in a bear, sell in a bull is my approach (although I ****ed up a bit in 2017), not repeating the same mistake.

Nothing, I've been selling since December. I was lucky enough to buy crypto at lower price points over previous years. Buy in a bear, sell in a bull is my approach (although I ****ed up a bit in 2017), not repeating the same mistake.

So many missed opportunities.

On track for a monthly close green dildo $11,000 candle tonight.

2018 starting to look flat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

On track for a monthly close green dildo $11,000 candle tonight.

2018 starting to look flat.

What 😂
    Explain yourself young man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Following up on the street fighter NFTs, I'm on my phone so can't multi quote.

I bought the packs straight from my credit card and it's on the WAX blockchain, not eth. I haven't transferred out so haven't seen any fees yet.

I also bought an NFT index fund a few weeks ago that did really well initially before dropping back a bit recently, NFTX it's called. Bought at $25 each mid-january, sold some at $430 two weeks ago, the rest are at $215 now. Those I got on Uniswap by trading ETH.

I listen to a podcast called the Bad Crypto podcast and they're always talking about up and coming NFTs and have guests on explaining new projects. Worth a listen if any of you are interested in the space, they have two new shows every week. They're a bit anti-establishment but very knowledgeable about NFTs

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

You plan on living the high life or moving into other assets?

• Advertisement

mdmix wrote: »
    You plan on living the high life or moving into other assets?

If certain cryptos drop significantly again I might reinvest. Most people I know who've been into crypto for 3+ years have also been taking profits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I saw that earlier, they can't be serious

Several precious metal dealers already accept crypto for bullion and have done so for a while. Nothing new here AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I bought the packs straight from my credit card and it's on the WAX blockchain, not eth. I haven't transferred out so haven't seen any fees yet.

I also bought an NFT index fund a few weeks ago that did really well initially before dropping back a bit recently, NFTX it's called. Bought at $25 each mid-january, sold some at $430 two weeks ago, the rest are at $215 now. Those I got on Uniswap by trading ETH.

I listen to a podcast called the Bad Crypto podcast and they're always talking about up and coming NFTs and have guests on explaining new projects. Worth a listen if any of you are interested in the space, they have two new shows every week. They're a bit anti-establishment but very knowledgeable about NFTs

Interested in the street fighter nfts, anywhere I can read up on how to get them secondary?

Interested in the street fighter nfts, anywhere I can read up on how to get them secondary?

Exact same way basically
    https://wax.atomichub.io/market?collection_name=stf.capcom&data:text.rarity=Collector%27s%20Edition&order=desc&sort=price&symbol=WAX

Just be aware the the posted 6-7 figure prices are just bull****. The max I've seen a card sell for is like 4-5k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

grindle wrote: »
    hollow-brainlet-wojak.png

Looking down from that ladder, there's a big mound of salt down there right? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Saying the bad crypto podcast is a bit anti establishment is like saying Hitler was a bit anti semetic. It's a good listen even though they have started to shill NFCs a lot lately. I still don't really get the whole space but do regret not trying to get the street fighter cards when they mentioned they were launching.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

I'm doing a lot of trading this am. Greens everywhere but trying to catch as many of the upward waves as possible. Normally I would leave them be...

Trying to guess where resistance will be and sell limit just before, and move the cash quickly to something that looks to have a better run before resistance.

Then rinse and repeat.

Working well so far even with fees, I'm sure leaving them would get near as good gains regardless but this is far more fun.

• Advertisement

Twitter have announced a $1.25 billion dollar convertible notes offering. They have yet to say what it’s for.

1 + 1 = ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement