Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

all the footie fan tokens had a good few days

The CL effect must be causing it

Here comes the US Gov stimulus check....should bring the numbers to the next levels fairly soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    all the footie fan tokens had a good few days

The CL effect must be causing it
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/fan-token-platform-chiliz-plans-104607038.html

This may have also been a factor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

but then you would have to ask the question why would you withdraw to invest back in a rising market using DCA?

That's precisely what I did question. :confused:
    The assumption is jester77 is taking out his initial investment and not re-investing and using it for something he needs like paying off a chunk of debt for example

He only said "if"....

I don't think are mixing up the actual post I quoted originally.
    Not having a go that the specific poster, he explained his fiat needs. I'm just talking about the generally strategy of taking profits to savings and DCAing from cash flow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

BOHtox wrote: »
    95% of all BTC is owned by 2% of people. Now I know fiat is probably even worse but that's not my point.

My point is, what happens if BTC hits 200k and these whales think "You know what? 200k is loads. I've 10-20xed. I'ma sell"

I think this problem is particularly unique to BTC as BTC's only real value is as a store of wealth. As a digital asset is so easy to buy and sell, I do see a point where the whales are happy with their profits and reinvestment in other things like precious metals.

I like BTC, I think it's a great investment, I have BTC and I'll accumulate more over the years. But you don't want to be the last one out either.

Any thoughts on the above?

Very clickbaity post you have there. That would completely absurd. Those 2% are exchange accounts. So it's not like a couple of whales. In fact it would take quite the co-ordinated sell off to really destroy the price. Just a couple weeks ago we saw F2Pool have some of the biggest sell offs ever and it was barely a speedbump in the price.

You're also assuming that large holders will ever even want to sell. Like, sell for what? Fiat not looking too hot right now. Gold/Silver are performing abysmal. Everyone's talking about a stock market crash. Bonds are the biggest joke ever. All that institutional money that came in; they're not looking to profit. They've already made profit, they just want a safe haven for it. Now I'm not saying it's going to be around forever, but Bitcoin is currently, and I think will be for a while, the best game in town.

When the next bear market hits, I think Bitcoin will have gone way up but I don't think we'll see it go back down below $40K ever again. Which really sucks because I want one :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Getting into US sports would be huge .
    I bought some a few weeks ago after reading about it here initially,nice gains so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

What 'sneering' ? Quote examples. Calling out bad maths or ilogical financial reasoning isn't sneering, it might actually be seen as trying to be helpful.

That 'past performance is not indicative of future gains ' stuff is all very cute, but everyone knows in their heart it's about the only game in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Are you thinking deep down in your heart that “this time it’s different”?

Went over my head, you'll have to be less clever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I've sold chunks over time. Took the family on a holiday and cleared my car loans. Covered the mortgage while the missus was on unpaid maternity leave. Most importantly I Bought loads of toys for myself.

I don't regret any of it.

No point making money if you don't enjoy it too. You could be hit by a bus tomorrow and all your bitcoin are useless.

If Covering your initial investment lets you ride out the next ten years with a risk free investment then you are more likely to hold through the dips and crashes.

I was able to hold through the last crash because it was all risk free and I could let it ride. Ended up with more now as I could buy in during the crash. Even with the 80% drop I was still up over all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Probably been discussed before but what are folks thoughts in ethereum? I'm new to crypto but seems to me it is an investment in both the currency and the whole network/platform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

I might try this free game to earn rewards To ETH. Interesting that you can sell cards as 'Non Fungable Tokens' NTF's for cash in the marketplace. If any-one is interested in these kinds of games then you can make some cash from them for free. Links below for game and link for FAQ's.

WHAT IS PLAY TO EARN?

Play to Earn (P2E) means you can earn cash just by playing the game. In Gods Unchained, this is seen through the ability to earn in-game items that you can sell for real-world cash. The Play to Earn journey is as follows:

By playing games you unlock packs that give you digital cards. These are Common Core cards and are not minted to the Ethereum network.

By winning games in Ranked, you earn Flux. Flux is a crafting tool that allows you to make Common Core cards more valuable. (See ‘What is the Gauntlet of the Gods?’ for more).
    Once you have enough Flux, you can head to the Forge in the game launcher and fuse duplicate Core cards together to create higher quality cards. These become minted to the Ethereum network and now have real world value.

The final step is to trade these cards in the Marketplace for real world cash. From there, you can buy new cards with your current earnings or convert it to your own currency to spend however you want.

Repeat!

Game https://godsunchained.com/

FAQ https://godsunchained.com/learn/faq

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

but then you would have to ask the question why would you withdraw to invest back in a rising market using DCA?

The assumption is jester77 is taking out his initial investment and not re-investing and using it for something he needs like paying off a chunk of debt for example

He only said "if"....

IMO its always good to take profits off the table in phases as the market is rising

I just took it out because this feels like 2017/18 again, losing track of time but whenever the last big slump was. Last time I just hodl'd like a lot of people, and at the end I had nothing to show for it, those big gains came and went. This time, I decided to take out what I've put in over the years. Maybe there won't be a slump this time, then I can still use the cash to buy into other up and coming interesting projects. If there is a slump I can bump my existing portfolio of reliables. Either way, I am happy.

I don’t understand the sneering at people that sell their precious bitcoin

When was anyone sneering? It's fine to take profits every now and then. Nobody ever went broke taking profits.

Surprise surprise, we're all very pro Bitcoin here. But likewise I don't think we go to any Michael Saylor levels of extreme either.

That leaves a very unique asset class somewhat like digital gold but other coins can now have same and more properties

Well you could say the same thing for gold. And that's not going anywhere anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

New all time high tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Matic just launched on the main Coinbase app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

A new BTC ATH coming in would be unreal. Starting from tomorrow I am getting free BTC twice per week for staking Axion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

There will be a fair few whales with sells near it so don't be disheartened if it drops a bit but it will get there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

KilOit wrote: »
    Matic just launched on the main Coinbase app

Loaded up on Matic at 0.01 cent. Just sold my bags at 48$ cent

Niiiiiice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Decent amount or pocket money?

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Decent amount or pocket money?

Just bit of pocket money nothing major.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Niiiiiice!

I hate shi1tcoins but that’s unreal fair play !!!

Cheers. When i seen it was backed by Coinbase I knew was onto a winner. Can still stake it on Celsius network at 14% apr.

You have to embrace the sh1tcoins. It doesn't matter if it's magic bean token or fairy dust coin. If it make gains, it makes gains.

I did a 20x in the last month alone on my sh1tcoin pick and it's still going :)

BTC new ATH is just a fingertip away!

Whelo79 wrote: »
    BTC new ATH is just a fingertip away!

And rejected!

Off to bed I go. Be interesting to see where it is in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Similar here. Some of the alts (relatively small bags) that I bought in the dark days of 2018 and 2019 have gone nuts recently. Haven't sold of it them yet though.;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Posting this here too for anyone who may not be reading the Axion thread.

The activity page of the axion.today website shows exactly how much BTC is being distributed to stakers from each auction bid.

https://axion.today/activity

Scroll through to the ones marked Bitcoin Bid and you can see the ETH deposited, the 10% bonus BTC given to the bidder and the amount of BTC then shared among active stakers.

It has begun :) Surely free BTC is everyone's dream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Dnxncofiruwvx

Christ gZil has absolutely skyrocketed! Congrats to all ZIL stakers!

Christ gZil has absolutely skyrocketed! Congrats to all ZIL stakers!

thats on the back of ZIL gains recently

ZIL hasnt even hit its all time high in this bull market, I mentioned this one months ago, with the staking rewards, the gzil offering until Oct 2021 and the upside potential, this was one not to miss out on

even the BTC maxi's cant deny that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

I have a few 1000 zil on binance, it was very low price so never really noticed it much on my account, I had sell order trigger few months ago but never looked into the coin. Any point staking it now or just sell the rest? Can you claim gzil straight away when stake or have to stake for certain amount of time?

Be careful staking ZIL on Atomic. There are reports of it taking upwards of 25 days to unstake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

How do you claim gzil on Atomic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭ipitydafool

Dobbytoes wrote: »
    Be careful staking ZIL on Atomic. There are reports of it taking upwards of 25 days to unstake.

Yes you have to wait 24k blocks for you to unstake zilliqa and that is regardless of where you have it staked afaik and depending on block time then yes it can take over 3 weeks- all in their info on it- https://support.atomicwallet.io/article/155-how-to-stake-zil#:~:text=gZil%20is%20a%20governance%20token,for%20every%201%20%24ZIL).

Personally would use Moonlet wallet for Ziliqa

KilOit wrote: »
    I have a few 1000 zil on binance, it was very low price so never really noticed it much on my account, I had sell order trigger few months ago but never looked into the coin. Any point staking it now or just sell the rest? Can you claim gzil straight away when stake or have to stake for certain amount of time?

I would stake away, the gzil rewards are going to be available until October

When you stake you will see the rewards daily show up

When you claim thats when you get the gZil

eg. if you stake 1000 ZIL, after 4 weeks you will get 11 approx zil and approx 0.011gZil

bear in mind you will pay a fee to stake & claim so in your circumstance as its a low amount to stake I would leave the amount staked up until around Oct and claim then just before the gzil rewards are halted to minimize the amount of fees to pay

Dobbytoes wrote: »

same everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Nice little dca today plus a bit more.

1220% higher than my purchase this day last year.

Anyone else buy some corn to mark the anniversary?

connie147 wrote: »
    Right. As stated in an earlier post, these are the alt coins I have invested €2k in. Luckily enough the crypto portfolio is up 65% so far. I understand that kinda % profit cant continue unabated.
    The question I have for the experienced heads in here is how does one pick a time to sell off a coin.

i understand that there is no formula, but there must be something that tell the experienced crypto player "its time to let that one go".

For instance, even though all of my coins are up in value, the biggest riser is CHZ, bought at $0.05 and this morning up at 0.30 (now 0.27 as im writing).
    I have no issues with letting all of these coins sit there for 3-5 years, but what should make me sell one of them and re-invest the money in another coin? Like what should tell me a coin should be left alone for 3-5 years no matter how much its value rises.

Asking questions like these will help me avoid making rookie mistakes.

Cheers
    Connie

edited to say that I did get rid of TRON (TRX) last week on dirk danglers advice. Lucky enough I sold it and bought more CHZ!

Only new to crypto and you nailed it with Chz. Well done :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Unearthly wrote: »

+1

:)

I made that rookie mistake. Bought CHZ @ 0.02 had about 15,000 of them and sold at 0.30 yesterday at an ATH. Delighted with myself and the nice profit until I looked today lol. I suppose I should just be thankful that I made a profit and move on;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Originally, I only read about CHZ here on the boards cryptocurrency forum. (all my posts before that were on the poker forum).

It is only because of the poster on here that tipped up CHZ that made me go do some reading up on them, so its they "nailed it" tbh.
    I cant think which one of the posters here was responsible for it, but kudos to him. I just hope others bought in. I bought €150 @ 5c and €150 at 10c. I was going to go in again a couple of days ago at 34c but Im trying to learn the lads saying on here "buy the dip", so I held off on going in a 3rd time. But no complaints:)

Connie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

connie147 wrote: »
    But no complaints

I'd say not :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I made that rookie mistake. Bought CHZ @ 0.02 had about 15,000 of them and sold at 0.30 yesterday at an ATH. Delighted with myself and the nice profit until I looked today lol. I suppose I should just be thankful that I made a profit and move on;)

Its why I rarely sell all, I usually sell like in like 3 1/4 segment's across afew days then hodl the last 1/4. I know at best I'll fluke the top every so often, so I'd much rather not annoy myself and take a spread across time like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

FFVII wrote: »
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jessedamiani/2021/03/12/beeples-the-first-5000-days-sold-to-metakovan-founder-of-metapurse-for-69346250/?sh=601b23bc4de4

69 million for a JPEG of 5000 pics stitched together in a big mess that I can make an exact copy of. Bought by an NFT marketplace to create a story. Some dose but like the buying of sh1t coins. If it makes money then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

FFVII wrote: »
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jessedamiani/2021/03/12/beeples-the-first-5000-days-sold-to-metakovan-founder-of-metapurse-for-69346250/?sh=601b23bc4de4

69 million for a JPEG of 5000 pics stitched together in a big mess that I can make an exact copy of. Bought by an NFT marketplace to create a story. Some dose but like the buying of sh1t coins. If it makes money then...

That's the crazy thing about it... I walk into a deep valley anciently old with no human beings around for 600 miles in the bush, then all of a sudden I see an unusual carving on a large granite rock-base looking like at least 2 billion years old, I use loose mud with a mixing of very degraded stone particles and wait till it excites itself to a harder solid and gently cover this old carving as to make a copy of it for the future. Copy and paste it in high quality and put a frame around it and stick it on your home wall. But, this picture is on the block-chain digitally, only you that has that digital certificate makes it feel real, but to others they can just copy it and use it for their viewing pleasure regardless. It's a crazy scenario but some people like to be the only holder of an object or facsimile of a digital kind.

This is the way I see NFT game picture cards going, especially in regard to game cards. It's a good fad and interesting, but it will die a death in the near future. Maybe the rich will be the most interested as they say... what else are you going to do with all your millions/billions. I'm all for it, I'll sell the cards for cash to any dope that wants them, but for a high fee.

bda303072cb65b25e6ba69897849e641-full.jpg

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Could a singer NFT lyrics from their songs if they have soul rights. so that owners would get revenue everytime the song was used or streamed? same for movies?

• Advertisement

Bitcoin broke ath ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

woah

Could a singer NFT lyrics from their songs if they have soul rights. so that owners would get revenue everytime the song was used or streamed? same for movies?

This NFT craze is unbelievable and I don't get it, who in their right mind would pay these amounts for digital art? That said I think the NFTs related to proof of deed or banking or insurances has potential. Not sure which tokens deal with this end of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chuppa Siopa

BTC through €50k!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭crushproof

Surely $60k by midday on the Eastern seaboard I reckon.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement