Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

connie147 wrote: »
    Originally, I only read about CHZ here on the boards cryptocurrency forum. (all my posts before that were on the poker forum).

It is only because of the poster on here that tipped up CHZ that made me go do some reading up on them, so its they "nailed it" tbh.
    I cant think which one of the posters here was responsible for it, but kudos to him. I just hope others bought in. I bought €150 @ 5c and €150 at 10c. I was going to go in again a couple of days ago at 34c but Im trying to learn the lads saying on here "buy the dip", so I held off on going in a 3rd time. But no complaints:)

Connie

Keep a close eye on the developer wallet, they are sending large amounts to exchanges, i fear a large price dump in on the cards, back to 30c?
    A partnership with The Premier league or NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL could send this into orbit, so you will have to decide which will come first, new partnerships or price dump?
    https://etherscan.io/token/0x3506424f91fd33084466f402d5d97f05f8e3b4af?a=0xcc477b21d471fb9394a56aace72c8d59ac80f6af

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

This NFT craze is unbelievable and I don't get it, who in their right mind would pay these amounts for digital art? That said I think the NFTs related to proof of deed or banking or insurances has potential. Not sure which tokens deal with this end of it though.

Conspiracy theories
    Art is used for money laundering
    I get 100KG of Coke of you, i then purchase a shîtty piece of art from you for millions, you get to lodge this clean money in your bank account.

Ultimately this is bullish for crypto.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭BrandonBay86

crushproof wrote: »
    Surely $60k by midday on the Eastern seaboard I reckon.

Already hit.

Unreal.

antgal23 wrote: »
    I'm getting excited hahaha

The bottom will be the 25 K zone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭maninasia

Keep a close eye on the developer wallet, they are sending large amounts to exchanges, i fear a large price dump in on the cards, back to 30c?
    A partnership with The Premier league or NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL could send this into orbit, so you will have to decide which will come first, new partnerships or price dump?
    https://etherscan.io/token/0x3506424f91fd33084466f402d5d97f05f8e3b4af?a=0xcc477b21d471fb9394a56aace72c8d59ac80f6af

I had some but I sold them awhile back whe. They weren't moving. Cest la vie.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Very easy to say on hindsight that bitcoin would be 50k, during last year's Corona crash to 4k, where there complete fear panic and blood on the streets it was a totally different story ha. Anyways personally I started investing Jan last year simply because I was sick of zero interest on my savings (mostly for a house mortgage deposit in the next few yrs), back then if I could of earned 5% I would of been well happy. Instead now a year later thanks to both the stockmarket and crypto I'm hopefully looking at the likes of only needing a 50% mortgage. The dayjob I will absolutely always keep, I don't do 9 to 5 (instead often do far longer hours ha, but equally so good flexibility), but anyways as was said I'd happily swap last year's well over 100% overall gains for a steady garanteed 20% every year, you compound 100k at 20% return every year, with zero additional capital, you will become a millionaire 13yrs later. I don't expect that ha, but basically give me steady but guaranteed return's every single year rather than one insane bubble that might tempt me with insane moonshots but in the space of one poor week I could very easily see 50% of my balance wiped out if it was all in crypto. And if some of the posters here have already done 1500% I'm assuming there are a significant number of yous who are already in a life changing scenario thanks to crypto, you surely gotta strongly considering getting out then, rather than simply "hodl forever"

Yep it's a conundrum. Personally I still see Ethereum and others developing far into the future just like Amazon and Google and Microsoft . So it's hard to 'get out ' when you see that there is no end point.

The best idea is cash out some part I guess. Some people might be able to time the market but it's difficult .

A good way to do it will be say...'i made enough for a house here ' and just take that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Carbon125

"Americans could start seeing their third-round stimulus payments as early as March 13, provided the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has a direct-deposit connection to their bank account, according to White House officials."
    https://www.aarp.org/money/taxes/info-2020/irs-timeline-to-send-stimulus-funds.html

Could this explain the strong BTC jump today?

Carbon125 wrote: »
    "Americans could start seeing their third-round stimulus payments as early as March 13, provided the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has a direct-deposit connection to their bank account, according to White House officials."
    https://www.aarp.org/money/taxes/info-2020/irs-timeline-to-send-stimulus-funds.html

Could this explain the strong BTC jump today?

It's probably a factor but also related to stock market gains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭dougal0691

maninasia wrote: »
    It's probably a factor but also related to stock market gains.

Are the stock market gains not in anticipation of the stimulus cheques?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chuppa Siopa

49,999 Says kraken, so close

Well over 50k on most other exchanges, €50,506 on crypto.com at the minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

yabadabado wrote: »
    This is probably a stupid question but surely at some stage you will sell ?
    What's the end game ?

My thinking is that bitcoin will be extremely expensive in 5/10 years so I plan to hold half of one and use it as collateral to finance any business ventures/property investments that pop up in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Or it will be zero.

Dont hold all the way to zero y'all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Well over 50k on most other exchanges, €50,506 on crypto.com at the minute

Now how do I arbitrage that? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

FFVII wrote: »
    Or it will be zero.

Why so negative? positive vibes FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Have gone in on some ALTs over the last couple of weeks.
    Link, vechain, Dogecoin, LRC and some BNB to fuel a little bit of Defi via trust wallet.

It's been a strange few weeks for my investing.
    My crypto bag is still mainly in cash, apart from the above.
    Waiting on a dip somewhere.

Stocks, I threw a lump at GME and it's providing some stellar entertainment.
    The RH shenanigans last month, the crazy drop on Thursday and the absolute lunatics over on Reddit.
    All great craic ;)

I have an exit strategy for the GME position, that may well me impacted by the maximum order limits on Revolut.
    It's cheap to trade there, but there are $10k or 500 share limits per order that really can bite.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Now how do I arbitrage that? ;)

I miss the days of buying on one exchange, transferring to another and laughing at the profit!
    Those crazy Koreans in particular ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Or it will be zero.

Higher chance of a business failing than crypto failing imo, YYMV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

connie147 wrote: »
    Why so negative? positive vibes FTW

He's got no coins.... He's on the outside looking in. ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ConstantinL

I think that XGG is another rare gem.
    Just recently added on the market.
    The team behind it is a well known team which was behind DMST.
    1m USD liquidity provided by the team
    250k marketing plan
    Beta test of their platform coming up on the 15th March
    After Beta test they will launch the marketing campaign
    Platform launch at end of March
    Staking
    NFT launch in Q2
    and it is only listed on Uniswap & Bilaxy atm
    Huge potential there!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Or it will be zero.

You could say the same about anything else in life.

Crypto is exciting, is and will make life changing gains if you believe in the technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Vitalik escalates ETH 2.0 merge as miners plan a 51% attack

https://our.status.im/vitalik-escalates-eth-2-0-merge-as-miners-plan-a-51-attack/

Looks really messy. 2 chains running together and miners threatening to do the very thing they exist not to do.

Could end up with 2 forks.

What happens to the ether we know today if it ends up not the winning fork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I think that XGG is another rare gem.
    Just recently added on the market.
    The team behind it is a well known team which was behind DMST.
    1m USD liquidity provided by the team
    250k marketing plan
    Beta test of their platform coming up on the 15th March
    After Beta test they will launch the marketing campaign
    Platform launch at end of March
    Staking
    NFT launch in Q2
    and it is only listed on Uniswap & Bilaxy atm
    Huge potential there!!!

What's are Uniswap and Bilaxy like to use ?

Uniswap and Bilaxy similar to the pink slip sites or what is the difference between them and Binance/Kraken ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Careful out there tonight. There is a big bull on the run

yabadabado wrote: »
    What's are Uniswap and Bilaxy like to use ?

Uniswap and Bilaxy similar to the pink slip sites or what is the difference between them and Binance/Kraken ?

On Uniswap you don't need to create any accounts, just need to have Metamask installed and linked to your wallet...then can buy XGG with USDT , but also need to have a bit of ETH in your wallet to pay the gas fee. Then after you approve the swap, the XGG will go straight to your wallet. To view it in your wallet, since it's a new token, you need to add it manually, so get the code/contract address to add it.
    Bilaxy on the other hand is an exchange similar to Kraken or Binance as you mentioned, but smaller, can send USDT to Bilaxy and use them to buy the XGG. Then u can send the XGG to your wallet if so you wish.
    I have used both of them, they're both very ok.
    If you want to buy on Uniswap, check a tutorial on youtube first, it will give you an ideea.
    If need more info, let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Ethereum looks next to hit the all time high. It dipped to around $1300 2 weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭snowstreams

On Uniswap you... also need to have a bit of ETH in your wallet to pay the gas fee...
    Bear in mind a bit of Eth to fund the transaction is now about $50 worth of eth. So unless your buying a large amount it's usually a lot cheaper to buy on bilaxy, gate.io or similar exchange that lists uniswap coins early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Bear in mind a bit of Eth to fund the transaction is now about $50 worth of eth. So unless your buying a large amount it's usually a lot cheaper to buy on bilaxy, gate.io or similar exchange that lists uniswap coins early.

Indeed and this is crazy. Makes it unusable for a majority of people.

I think this state of affairs is holding back the price of Ethereum and it would be quite higher otherwise. It still is the king of smart contracts by a huge margin, but this is casting some doubts and redirecting attention/cash to competitors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Unearthly wrote: »
    Careful out there tonight. There is a big bull on the run

And we're off again. :)

Anyone who thinks bitcoin isn’t going to touch $100,000 is absolutely delusional in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Dutchy

To fulfill my wildest dreams, it'd want it to kick well beyond $100k. It will.

My view is that it won't be long until we view it not as buying bitcoin but diluting the coin to more accessible satoshi purchases. We are still early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Anyone who thinks bitcoin isn’t going to touch $100,000 is absolutely delusional in my opinion.

Same for $1,000,000, and possibly even $100,000,000. Keep holding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

I think we need a real kick-ass ADA Cardano video to get a good feeling for the near future. This one I put together earlier I was absolutely wasted with the southern comfort. I hope you like it.
    ADA/ETH/Bitcoin. It will do wonders to your health.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

Same for $1,000,000, and possibly even $100,000,000. Keep holding.

The only way for it it reach 100,000,000 in the medium term would be for Venezuela-type hyperinflation to happen in the US (if I am not mistaken, in current USD value a much more “modest” 5,000,000 per BTC would make BTC’s market cap larger than all company shares in the world put together).

If this is your target I’d say be careful what you wish for. The world including Ireland would be vastly different in such scenario, and not for the better.

I agree, I bought on both, got XGG on Uniswap with a $10 gas fee, was lucky at that point, but also bought loads on bilaxy when the gas fee was high. So, indeed it's good that it's listed on Bilaxy as well.
    Admins will be testing their platform on Monday, and marketing campaign right after, so buying it now would be fantastic.
    Higly recommended.

Bob24 wrote: »
    Indeed and this is crazy. Makes it unusable for a majority of people.

Ethereum: High fees, plan to scale with fees reduced to a tiny fraction of current levels, current situation is temporary - unusable

Bitcoin: High fees, no plan or ability to scale, devs literally working against the whitepaper, current situation is permanent - perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

jee sus gZil, just keeps on giving

grindle wrote: »
    Ethereum: High fees, plan to scale with fees reduced to a tiny fraction of current levels, current situation is temporary - unusable

Bitcoin: High fees, no plan or ability to scale, devs literally working against the whitepaper, current situation is permanent - perfect

Very different projects and use cases though.

At this stage it is clear to everyone that bitcoin isn’t seen as a transactional currency but rather a store of value (at least the base layer, L2 solutions could change this). This might somewhat diverge from the white-paper but it is widely accepted and clearly a lot of people are happy with that. In this context the name of the game is simplicity, stability, and reliability. Plus transaction costs, liquidity, and portability are actually quite good in that context and better than other asset classes in the category.

Ethereum is meant as a transactional and customisable platform to support digital money and decentralised finance. Throughput and transaction costs are vastly more important in this type of use-case. Realistically paying several dozens of euros for a crypto currency swap on a DeFi platform makes it useless for a majority of people. Granted, Bitcoin wouldn't be able to support this type of platform either (both because of the lack of advanced programability and because of limited throughput), but it doesn't matter since it isn't trying to do that and no-one expects it to do it either. On the case of Ethereum however, it is its bread and butter so it has to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Bought some Hbar and Mana. Nice 100% return within the week.

The only way for it it reach 100,000,000 in the medium term would be for Venezuela-type hyperinflation to happen in the US (if I am not mistaken, in current USD value a much more “modest” 5,000,000 per BTC would make BTC’s market cap larger than all company shares in the world put together).

If this is your target I’d say be careful what you wish for. The world including Ireland would be vastly different in such scenario, and not for the better.

I agree that inflationary pressure will be a significant push on the $ value of BTC.
    There are medium term (5-15yr) pressures that will likely play a role in pushing BTC that way tho IMO.

The Chinese are holding a huge % of US debt, the US is running a monetary policy that is highly inflationary in their QE.
    Chinese push for Global hegemony will lead to at the minimum a more severe economic conflict than just tariffs.
    US think tanks are reporting near naval parity for China outside of carriers and ssbn's.
    That puts Taiwan at serious risk, and the Chinese will leverage every advantage they have, economic and fiscal in particular to get hold of Taiwan IMO.

That leaves the dollar as the currency of a near failed state unless the US manage a decisive win, while holding a moral high ground.
    Not impossible, but not as likely as it was even 10yrs ago.

The analogue that springs to mind is Roman currency and the debasement post 2nd century.
    It's a trite, but apt comparison I think.
    The loss of realpolitik power, trying to be offset by ever larger payments of an ever less valuable currency.

Bitcoin wouldn't be able to support this type of platform either (both because of the lack of advanced programability and because of limited throughput), but it doesn't matter since it isn't trying to do that and no-one expects it to do it either.
    It was expected to do it and Satoshi wanted it to happen, it wasn't mean to stop dead in it's tracks and be unalterable like it's the crypto-Quran.
    Even Blockstream thought they could do something by shilling Rootstock. It doesn't have that ambition now cos there was a hostile takeover and we have a market built up of people happy to use Coinbase as a bank, they don't even bother asking about wallets or looking at forums like this. Bitcoin was created to be used by people (that was the entire point of it, delegitimise third parties), has been memed into another thing now, just a money-sponge for people who don't care about anything to do with crypto at all - it's much worse than 2017 by that metric.

Ethereum was built to be used as a back-end for businesses. Only one of them is able to fulfil it's role in any capacity and only one has any plan to scale.

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    It was expected to do it and Satoshi wanted it to happen, it wasn't mean to stop dead in it's tracks and be unalterable like it's the crypto-Quran.

I don’t think Satoshi ever expressed ambitions for Bitcoin to support advanced smart contracts. He mentions that BTC is to become decentralised electronic cash (which is now unlikely to happen at the base layer), but not a global decentralised open computer as Ethereum ambitions to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

I agree, I bought on both, got XGG on Uniswap with a $10 gas fee, was lucky at that point, but also bought loads on bilaxy when the gas fee was high. So, indeed it's good that it's listed on Bilaxy as well.
    Admins will be testing their platform on Monday, and marketing campaign right after, so buying it now would be fantastic.
    Higly recommended.

So I've just bought XGG on Bilaxy and want to get it off there asap (looks dodgy af), what wallets can store this? I have atomic wallet, will it store XGG?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

give me a "B" please Bob
    can I have an "E" please Bob
    I'll have an "A" please Bob
    can I also have an "M" please Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

bosco12345 wrote: »
    So I've just bought XGG on Bilaxy and want to get it off there asap (looks dodgy af), what wallets can store this? I have atomic wallet, will it store XGG?
    bought last night , its crazy fee to withdraw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I keep missing out, story of crypto life

I felt it was too late at 5k, at 8k, at 12k, at 18k, at 20k.....

is it too late at 60k?????????????????????

I felt it was too late at 5k, at 8k, at 12k, at 18k, at 20k.....

is it too late at 60k?????????????????????

Its too late to buy a pizza for 10,000 Bitcoin, but not too late to buy a nice car, holiday or pay off your mistress.:D

The way I see it bitcoins goes to Zero if I invest 10k, goes to 500,000 if I don't

The way I see it bitcoins goes to Zero if I invest 10k, goes to 500,000 if I don't

put in 5k :D half a fortune is better than no fortune, if you can afford to wake up tm -10k and still feed urself/family then go for it. It it means you are in trouble if you lose 10k, don't. Any money I have put in is money i would have used last 12 months to go on hols, petrol for car etc. If it disappeared in morn i still have my paycheck and a few nixers will pay for a holiday next year. I plan on HOD until my kids need it for college or i retire which ever comes first.

I'd put 1k on BTC any day before 1k on some nag in cheltenham. You only really lose if you liquidise your loss imho.

• Advertisement

put in 5k :Dhalf a fortune is better than no fortune, if you can afford to wake up tm -10k and still feed urself/family then go for it. It it means you are in trouble if you lose 10k, don't. Any money I have put in is money i would have used last 12 months to go on hols, petrol for car etc. If it disappeared in morn i still have my paycheck and a few nixers will pay for a holiday next year. I plan on HOD until my kids need it for college or i retire which ever comes first.

I'd put 1k on BTC any day before 1k on some nag in cheltenham. You only really lose if you liquidise your loss imho.

That's the thing, even if it went to a million a coin, still not a fortune with 5k into it at this stage, still peanuts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement