Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭BrandonBay86

cnocbui wrote: »
    I presume you would be going through the buying and spending of that bitcoin just for the fun aspect and to contribute to the positive vibe and data, which of course wouldn't hurt your wallet? :cool:

Merely for the chance to take an additional bitcoin off the market.

Mellor wrote: »
    It was 43k a month ago. I don’t think a 30 day price return is ever out of the question.

It was 5000 a year ago when we were stacking sats what am I missing here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Anyone holding ADA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

mutley18 wrote: »
    Anyone holding ADA?

Yes.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ryzken

Anyone holding ADA?

Yes i have 700 shares!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Anyone holding ADA?

Yep ive been dca'ing it over last few months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Ryzken wrote: »
    Yes i have 700 shares!

Got around 630 myself, tempted to round it up to 1000, hard to know what it will be at this time next year though!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Got around 630 myself, tempted to round it up to 1000, hard to know what it will be at this time next year though!

Its more a medium to longterm imho, im staking on daedalus just going to let it alone for a couple years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Anyone holding ADA?

whos asking?

• Advertisement

Ryzken wrote: »
    Yes i have 700 shares!

shares?

aido79 wrote: »

Big institutions creating FUD so they can buy the dip. Don't get shaken out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Anyone holding ADA?

Because of the jump its bow my second biggest holding after btc. I think we've seen the big jump on it now but I think there's good gains still to be got and with staking it offers a decent return overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

el diablo wrote: »

I'm in for the long haul. I'll be buying the dip too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

jimmii wrote: »
    Because of the jump its bow my second biggest holding after btc. I think we've seen the big jump on it now but I think there's good gains still to be got and with staking it offers a decent return overall.

I'm holding some and wondering best place to stake it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

yabadabado wrote: »

I stake with PAUL. Irish guy that runs an ADA channel on youtube.

aido79 wrote: »

We’re up over 1000% in a year so it’s possible.

But so far institutions have been wrong at every call so thread carefully.

The media know nothing that isn’t already known on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Some looking good right now..
    XRP the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It was 5000 a year ago when we were stacking sats what am I missing here
    Well the obvious differences is that 30 days is far more recent than a year.
    And a 10% fall is far far more likely than a 90% fall.

Both of those are kinda obvious points. Not really sure what your point is.
    And "stacking sats" at $5k is far far removed at 60k. Really not sure what the relevance of 5k a year ago is.

Exodus wallet at 7%+ but there are a bunch of other options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

What does staying in BTC have to do with anything?
    I couldn’t care what Elon does with his revenue tbh.

It speaks to increased adoption and an ever changing view towards what still remains a nascent currency. As regards your follow on post re. it being insignificant, many things may be / or appear to be insignificant in isolation. To me, its another brick in the wall.

As I said, taking payments it a huge plus for BTC as a genuine currency.
    But I don't think holding a fraction of sales revenue demonstrates any sort of new adoption.
    The same way I wouldn't think it was damning if they converted BTC revenue to their primary currency either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

As I said, taking payments it a huge plus for BTC as a genuine currency.
    But I don't think holding a fraction of sales revenue demonstrates any sort of new adoption.
    The same way I wouldn't think it was damning if they converted BTC revenue to their primary currency either.

Yup, I understood what you said - there's no misunderstanding. I just feel that small steps in that direction - to me that represents progress. ...from the 'slowly at first, then all at once' school of thought.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 uiolfg

Yup, I understood what you said - there's no misunderstanding. I just feel that small steps in that direction - to me that represents progress. ...from the 'slowly at first, then all at once' school of thought.

it is right

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭donnaille

el diablo wrote: »

I think you need to step out of the bubble you are in - there's no concerted effort from institutions to create FUD.

This article is the view of Amundi's CIO, and doesn't mean that Amundi have not got crypto-related internal activities progressing internally. Additionally, it should be noted that IBs that are undertaking 'significant activity' haven't all suddenly seen the light and bought in to crypto, much of this is to satisfy client demand. Desks will spring up when there is demand, and close just as quickly if it tails off, or regulatory requirements become a burden.

Absolutely valid. Wasn’t trying to suggest otherwise.
    I’ve a more milestone approach to my thinking. Not better or worse. Just different.

Well the obvious differences is that 30 days is far more recent than a year.
    And a 10% fall is far far more likely than a 90% fall.

Both of those are kinda obvious points. Not really sure what your point is.
    And "stacking sats" at $5k is far far removed at 60k. Really not sure what the relevance of 5k a year ago is.

When I give an opinion on potential drops it’s from my own technical analysis. It’s shunned in here but I enjoy it.

I’ve been buying Bitcoin for over 3 years and I like to draw lines.

We could hit 10k next week, who knows.

Less than an hour until all options expire.

My body is ready.

I use Yoroi but theres lots of options. Mine sits in a pool that also generates money for charity the ticker is IBEE (https://www.ibeestaking.com/).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

FYI Coinbase earn have a new earn campaign out today. Free 6 dollars of UMA for watching a few videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Theman343

Less than an hour until all options expire.

My body is ready.

What do you reckon it will go up to ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Theman343 wrote: »

1 Quadrillion

I have 10 yachts ordered

Theman343 wrote: »

$90,000 before Christmas.

Just my opinion though. Could be $5000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

$20,000,000 bitcoin by July 15th 2031.

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    $20,000,000 bitcoin by July 15th 2031.

Absolutely. €3000 will buy you a pack of biscuits.

• Advertisement

FYI Coinbase earn have a new earn campaign out today. Free 6 dollars of UMA for watching a few videos.

Nice one

When I give an opinion on potential drops it’s from my own technical analysis. It’s shunned in here but I enjoy it.

I’ve been buying Bitcoin for over 3 years and I like to draw lines.

We could hit 10k next week, who knows.
    Talking about 5k, 10k doesn’t sound like technical analysis. Sounds like throwing out numbers. Comes across a bit salty tbh.

FWIW predicting a number you think it will hit is not the same as highlighting a range that it could hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Good article about a guy trying to get back into a Trezor after he forgets the pin and seed:

https://www.wired.com/story/i-forgot-my-pin-an-epic-tale-of-losing-dollar30000-in-bitcoin/

Thargor wrote: »
    Good article about a guy trying to get back into a Trezor after he forgets the pin and seed:

https://www.wired.com/story/i-forgot-my-pin-an-epic-tale-of-losing-dollar30000-in-bitcoin/

That was a great read.

Talking about 5k, 10k doesn’t sound like technical analysis. Sounds like throwing out numbers. Comes across a bit salty tbh.

FWIW predicting a number you think it will hit is not the same as highlighting a range that it could hit.

Yes I’m incredibly salty for buying bitcoin weekly since very low 4 figures. I’ve provided my charts with TA in the past and got laughed at. I’m a hodler, I only do the TA for the fun of it.

You either argue with everybody in here for sh1ts & giggles or you genuinely don’t know what you’re talking about.

You don’t have to have a crack at someone every time they share an opinion. Let it go over your head man and you’ll be more relaxed.

• Advertisement

We all like a bit of positive thinking but come on, delusional to say the least.
    Theta 1,000,000,000 in circulation.
    So you really believe it will hit a conservative $30 for 2021?
    $30B would put it today at rank 7 in marketcap.
    Porsche SE Market cap: $31.48 B
    Toyota Industries Market cap: $30.50 B
    Hapag-Lloyd Market cap: $30.30 B
    ArcelorMittal Market cap: $29.89 B

$60/70B would have it at rank 3.
    Adidas Market cap: $67.23 B
    BMW Market cap: $63.45 B
    Heineken Market cap: $61.69 B
    So Theta is going to be worth the same or more than these household names?
    Get some perspective, Amazon in 2014 paid $970 million in cash for Twitch.

BTC has a market cap of 1T without any promotion or marketing, there's a bit of perspective for you

We'll ignore that Google, Binance, Sony & Samsung all run Validator nodes, not to mention Sierra Ventures, Heuristic, GVR Fund & Venture all jumping on board

Theta quietly got into the top 10 recently and is still not on a lot of retail radars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    BTC has a market cap of 1T without any promotion or marketing, there's a bit of perspective for you

We'll ignore that Google, Binance, Sony & Samsung all run Validator nodes, not to mention Sierra Ventures, Heuristic, GVR Fund & Venture all jumping on board

Theta quietly got into the top 10 recently and is still not on a lot of retail radars

I shall peer into my crystal ball
    Theta will top out in two weeks
    then a slow bleed back to $5-6 range
    compare viewer and view count on theta.tv to twitch.tv

Anyone use mode (https://modeapp.com/) at all by any chance? Just came across it and looks like they're paying 5% interest on btc. I guess they're using that to bring in new users but seems decent. At first thought there must be something up with it but it's a listed company so looks pretty legit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I know most of you don't give two ****s about whitepapers, but in my slightly biased opinion this is the most beautiful Whitepaper I've ever seen.

https://axion.network/AxionWhitepaper.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

jimmii wrote: »
    Anyone use mode (https://modeapp.com/) at all by any chance? Just came across it and looks like they're paying 5% interest on btc. I guess they're using that to bring in new users but seems decent. At first thought there must be something up with it but it's a listed company so looks pretty legit!

I haven’t came across that one before so no particular opinion (interesting to see a UK entity going into this though, but it seems too new for me to trust it with any large amount).

In case you might not be aware of all of them though, if you are looking for yield there are a number large enough and probably more established players offering something similar: Celsius Network, Crypto.com, BlockFi, Nexo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I shall peer into my crystal ball
    Theta will top out in two weeks
    then a slow bleed back to $5-6 range
    compare viewer and view count on theta.tv to twitch.tv

Think you are way off the mark, theta will be top 6 this year. Massive money coming in, that's why mainnet 3.0 was pulled back.

Viewer count is irrelevant, it's about the network sharing effect. Edge computing. They will also be one the biggest NFT marketplaces

Bob24 wrote: »
    I haven’t came across that one before so no particular opinion (interesting to see a UK entity going into this though, but it seems too new for me to trust it with any large amount).

In case you might not be aware of all of them though, if you are looking for yield there are a number large enough and probably more established players offering something similar: Celsius Network, Crypto.com, BlockFi, Nexo.

Read somewhere BlockFi have some type of connection to Greyscale, cant see them being associated with scammers, it would damage their reputation too much

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Think you are way off the mark, theta will be top 6 this year. Massive money coming in, that's why mainnet 3.0 was pulled back.

Viewer count is irrelevant, it's about the network sharing effect. Edge computing. They will also be one the biggest NFT marketplaces
    Top 6 is $30+ per THETA???
    Here is why i think it will bleed out slowly over the summer.
    Telecom and ISP have close connections to politicians in the states, they give them a lot of donations.
    These companies would see their network become congested by THETA being used to stream video from "home servers", they have invested billions of $$$ in their network, and expect to get a return, THETA wants to clog their network without paying?
    A few words with politicians and THETA will be screwed, you can see that ISP limit bittorrent, they will do the same to THETA, they will strangle it before it gets up and running in a big way, THETA will end up paying for their own servers to stream video, so no different than Twitch/Youtube.
    Nothing to stop Twitch/Youtube from rewarding their own version of TFuel

TLDR: ISP paid big money to build network, THETA want to use it without paying, ISP will strangle it and force THETA to run own servers, so no different to incumbent market leaders.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I know most of you don't give two ****s about whitepapers, but in my slightly biased opinion this is the most beautiful Whitepaper I've ever seen.

https://axion.network/AxionWhitepaper.pdf

Whiff of Ponzi off it

Sure we are still waiting for poineerpro to give us a pick and the reasons why it will make us money.
    Get the feeling we will be waiting a long time.

Give me a A
    Give me a N
    Give me a K
    Give me a R

Certain postErs Looking foR a moon mission will get on this rocket!

Hope some of you picked up these two , both pumping with great vigor.
    With Optimism delayed i would think the second pick could pick up some interest from potential users.
    https://cryptomoneyteam.co/2021/03/26/optimism-postpones-ethereum-l2-scaling-solution-launch/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement