Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

BNB is blowing up. Felt it would last week but had no liquidity.

Is it ever going to stop?!

I was going to buy it at €50 but didn't bother. Then it was 150 and then 250. I figured well that's that then. But now it's looking like it'll be 500 tomorrow!

Sickened :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Rob2D wrote: »
    Is it ever going to stop?!

I was going to buy it at €50 but didn't bother. Then it was 150 and then 250. I figured well that's that then. But now it's looking like it'll be 500 tomorrow!

Sickened :pac:

Well it's going to go up more since BZ said more bnb will be burned this week

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Well it's going to go up more since BZ said more bnb will be burned this week

Oh yeah? That explains it then. Might be time to cash out my positions and park it in BNB for a while. My whole portfolio just been moving sideways for a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

BNB 500 yoyos, congrats to any who picked up some in the down years. The staking, launchpool and earn program pretty damn good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    BNB 500 yoyos, congrats to any who picked up some in the down years. The staking, launchpool and earn program pretty damn good too.

Massive gains indeed. Genuine network effect but also a bit of FOMO I'd say. If someone bought when it was 20 it might be time to lock some gains.

Bob24 wrote: »
    Massive gains indeed. Genuine network effect but also a bit of FOMO I'd say. If someone bought when it was 20 it might be time to lock some gains.

It was sub 30 for most of the last 3 years. 10 quid in March last year. Some of the coins on launchpool have done pretty damn well too (e.g. XVS). Every time it pops up 50 quid I flog a bit more. Decent coin, but like most, crazy overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BizWiz66

Has Binance become a scam? The froze my assets for no reason (I am unable to withdraw, but still able to trade) and there are a lot of threads on Reddit about people getting their account and funds frozen for no reason. Support is not replying to anyone apparently. Anyone here has a bad experience with them lately?

BizWiz66 wrote: »
    Has Binance become a scam? The froze my assets for no reason (I am unable to withdraw, but still able to trade) and there are a lot of threads on Reddit about people getting their account and funds frozen for no reason. Support is not replying to anyone apparently. Anyone here has a bad experience with them lately?

A lot of returning Americans didn't read up on the Binance.US stuff and migrate properly, so that's generated a lot of issues. Also Binance can freeze accounts for suspicious activity, with 50 million users (or more) there will be a lot of cases of that.

Open a ticket with them, but good luck, I'd say they are swamped.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BizWiz66

A lot of returning Americans didn't read up on the Binance.US stuff and migrate properly, so that's generated a lot of issues. Also Binance can freeze accounts for suspicious activity, with 50 million users (or more) there will be a lot of cases of that.

Open a ticket with them, but good luck, I'd say they are swamped.

Thanks! I hadn't used them in ages but I had to sell some BTG and had no choice as the other exchanges I usually use do not have that crypto. I hope I will be able to get my money back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

XRP going up while others going down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭flexcon

Jeff2 wrote: »
    XRP going up while others going down.

Yup. The one coin I have been constantly told is a sh*tcoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭BrandonBay86

New Bitcoin all time high of $63,200.

Has XRP reached its all time high yet?.....

Never mind, just checked and it’s down 51% against USD since January 2018 and 89% against Bitcoin in the same period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

XRP ATH was €3.18 in Feb 18. Long way to go yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Will BTC crash again? Doesn't seem likely.

• Advertisement

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Will BTC crash again? Doesn't seem likely.

Of course it will. But from what height is the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

400k by Christmas. I'm calling it now. :)

Then a crash to 100k and stability around 200-250k for a few years till next halving. Then a million in 2025.

Then a crash to 100k and stability around 200-250k for a few years till next halving. Then a million in 2025.

Few understand this.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

The stock to flow model suggests around 250K by december.

Metcalfes law ( used for valuing tech companies ) shows a similar prediction aswell.

Im super bullish on crypto for 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭yaknowski

Genuine question here.
    Do you ever worry that governments will step in to stop capital outflow to crypto and enforce control?
    Like in Turkey recently, great for the people who want to get cash out of the country/away from the gov, but risky in terms of economic controls. I remember here during the last recession, the rumour of a run on the banks and the Gov enforced ATM limits for a few days/weeks. That type of power is gone with the availability to move money out into crypto out of the reach of gov (again, great for the citizen, but not for the state apparatus.)

I see value in both the use of cryptocurrencies and the underlying blockchain so am not against crypto. I've bought some over the last year on Binance and made some nice % gains.

I just wonder if it might get to the point where crypto is simultaneously "too big to fail" and too big that it is a threat to the current fiat system?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

BizWiz66 wrote: »

Can you send BTC to an external wallet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RodVelvet

cnocbui wrote: »
    Can you send BTC to an external wallet?
    Yes, I use a Hardware Wallet for my Crypto.

RodVelvet wrote: »
    Yes, I use a Hardware Wallet for my Crypto.
    I meant him/her, specifically - vis a vis his freeze problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RodVelvet

I meant him/her, specifically - vis a vis his freeze problem.
    Ah, right, didn't read the posts before :D

yaknowski wrote: »
    Genuine question here.
    Do you ever worry that governments will step in to stop capital outflow to crypto and enforce control?
    Like in Turkey recently, great for the people who want to get cash out of the country/away from the gov, but risky in terms of economic controls. I remember here during the last recession, the rumour of a run on the banks and the Gov enforced ATM limits for a few days/weeks. That type of power is gone with the availability to move money out into crypto out of the reach of gov (again, great for the citizen, but not for the state apparatus.)

I see value in both the use of cryptocurrencies and the underlying blockchain so am not against crypto. I've bought some over the last year on Binance and made some nice % gains.

I just wonder if it might get to the point where crypto is simultaneously "too big to fail" and too big that it is a threat to the current fiat system?

They can put in place ways to stop it, so it is best to get your money into Crypto now so they can't get it. :pac:

They can put in place ways to stop it

No they can't don't be ridiculous. It doesn't matter if they drive it all the way to the dark web, people will always have access to Crypto. It's never going away.

Not a chance, far more likely BTC sub 50k Euros by Xmas, you can quote me on this later this year ;)

Of course if I am wrong I'll be in the Bahamas by then

Rob2D wrote: »
    No they can't don't be ridiculous. It doesn't matter if they drive it all the way to the dark web, people will always have access to Crypto. It's never going away.

Indeed, crypto isn't going anywhere, but the e.g. Turkish government could block local banks/payment systems from transacting with crypto exchanges. That wouldn't have much of an impact on value, but if it was done in a region (e.g. Europe or US), then you can imagine what that would do to global crypto value. If you've ever seen what happens to the value of a coin once it's delisted from exchanges, same principle.

Could they do it locally? sure, already happened in several countries in to various levels. Region or globally, much less likely, especially considering the recent history.

Of course governments will get nervous if the public start plowing too much money into crypto, likewise, physical cash is being phased out, so criminals will be increasingly looking for an alternative, again that might start to concern governments and regulators

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Do you reckon the days of making massive gains is over in BTC?

Like from 4k - 50k is some nice gain.

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Anyone seeing the London Real Hype on Teeka Tiwari "next trillion dollar coin"? It's an add on every YouTube video I'm watching the last few days.

I've no idea who he is and I'm not getting hyped up over it but others might so could be a cheeky gamble to make funds to put on other coins.

Anyone thinking the same?

Haha the coin he revealed was ETH! Lmaoooo

• Advertisement

People will say similar when BTC hits $100k within a year. Then similar again when $200k. Said people often end up looking at alternative coins because a 2x in Bitcoin isn’t sufficient for greed. It’s all a gamble.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

XLM flying ahead ya little trooper!

For now that is :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Haha the coin he revealed was ETH! Lmaoooo

Lol I know. And a bargain of 2.5 k to see his alt coin picks :D

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Lol I know. And a bargain of 2.5 k to see his alt coin picks :D

You’d wonder how it’s legal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JibJabWibWab

Indeed, crypto isn't going anywhere, but the e.g. Turkish government could block local banks/payment systems from transacting with crypto exchanges. That wouldn't have much of an impact on value, but if it was done in a region (e.g. Europe or US), then you can imagine what that would do to global crypto value. If you've ever seen what happens to the value of a coin once it's delisted from exchanges, same principle.

Could they do it locally? sure, already happened in several countries in to various levels. Region or globally, much less likely, especially considering the recent history.

Of course governments will get nervous if the public start plowing too much money into crypto, likewise, physical cash is being phased out, so criminals will be increasingly looking for an alternative, again that might start to concern governments and regulators

TBH if anything even close to what you describe here happens in any 1st world country it would only increase the value of BTC.

"Government trying to shut down BTC?"

"There's crazy sh1t happening so we should buy more BTC"...

When it hits a million you will kick yourself for not buying at 50k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JibJabWibWab

When it hits a million you will kick yourself for not buying at 50k.

If you don't get it at 60k you're not going to get it at 1 million...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If you don't get it at 60k you're not going to get it at 1 million...

If it hits a million you probably won't have a choice it'll be part of every day life and probably the main currency in some places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Coinbase IPO launch tomorrow.

Coinbase IPO launch tomorrow.

And just to clarify, while it is labelled an IPO everywhere - it technically isn’t one.

With an IPO, new investors are offered to pre-purchase *new* shares at a set price before they get listed (i.e. new capital is being raised).

Whereas here Coinbase are actually publicly listing *existing* shares which belong to private equity investors (i.e. there is no new capital being raised).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Whereas here Coinbase are actually publicly listing *existing* shares which belong to private equity investors (i.e. there is no new capital being raised).
    So it’s simply a direct listing.

Mellor wrote: »
    So it’s simply a direct listing.

Correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Correct.

It will still probably pump on listing. $250 is the mark apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

So should we put orders in for it before the market opens?

• Advertisement

So why not just click the unfollow button?

That's what I was thinking. The threads disappear from your list then.

That's the actual purpose of that functionality.

BTC heading for 65k.
    ETH heading for 2.5k

Very possible yes, we shall see.

With an actual IPO I was concerned that it would divert capital away from Bitcoin and other cryptos (I.e. many potential Coinbase shareholders are people and institutions which might have deployed their capital in BTC/cryptos otherwise).

But since here the listing is actually a zero sum game for investors as a whole, I am not sure anymore ...

So should we put orders in for it before the market opens?

I stand to be corrected, but I think the way it works for a direct listing is that during the first hour 10 minutes you can place buy orders but they won’t be filled (and at the same time former private equity holders whose shares are now public can place their sell orders). This is to give time for an order book to be populated and a market price to be determined based one where offer meets demand).

But in a way this is completely blind trading for everyone as while $250 is given as a guideline, the number whereby offer meets demand could be widely different (in either direction).

I think it might potentially be even more volatile than an IPO, as in the case of an IPO at leat there is an opportunity to buy shares at a set price just before the listing, which kind of gives an idea of what investors are willing or pay.

$64,500.

Exciting day ahead. Is the direct listing at market open ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement