Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

May could be the April we all thought we were going to get

I think Bitcoin will go on a mad one soon enough, quietly lurking in the background ready to pounce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

I can't help but feel the fact that everyone is back to thinking crypto is guaranteed profit we're heading for a major crash. I mean that's normally when bubbles burst, right? But who knows in these crazy times, I've got my ticket either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Has to be getting some sort of correction on Eth, getting vertical now

It's been left behind over the last while so if anything this could be a correction getting it back in line with the rest of the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I can't help but feel the fact that everyone is back to thinking crypto is guaranteed profit we're heading for a major crash. I mean that's normally when bubbles burst, right? But who knows in these crazy times, I've got my ticket either way.

Does feel like you might well be right but nothing seems to make sense anymore who knows! I think you just need to make your decision and stick with the consequences one way or another. Second guessing yourself is probably the best way to be sure to miss out no matter which way it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I'm an idiot and haven't been keeping track of purchases (never sold anything)

What I have are the dates I sent the crypto to my ledger, is there a site I can get the price on that day? I send my crypto to the ledger immediately upon purchase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'm an idiot and haven't been keeping track of purchases (never sold anything)

What I have are the dates I sent the crypto to my ledger, is there a site I can get the price on that day? I send my crypto to the ledger immediately upon purchase

If you use Binance you can download your transaction history (seperate csvs for purchases, and sales). I'm sure other exchanges offer similar functionality.

weemcd wrote: »
    Frothy start to May. Hold ETH and buy alts!

This month should be fun...

What alts are you thinking?

If you use Binance you can download your transaction history (seperate csvs for purchases, and sales). I'm sure other exchanges offer similar functionality.

Mostly coinbase to be honest :(

And back in the early stages I was trading with people on reddit

Badly fukt wrote: »
    I completely stopped using Revolut when I got my crypto.com visa

I must look into that

Am I right you have to stake a huge amount of CRO to get the best benefits?

Yep but it pays a much better return on that stake than any bank savings account. I'm getting 10% APY
    https://crypto.com/cards

• Advertisement

Yep but it pays a much better return on that stake than any bank savings account. I'm getting 10% APY
    https://crypto.com/cards

Isn't there a risk then of the platform collapsing and losing your stake? Like any exchange I suppose

Isn't there a risk then of the platform collapsing and losing your stake? Like any exchange I suppose

There's always a risk, you wouldn't be into crypto if you weren't willing to risk

No more risk than Revolut

Am I right you have to stake a huge amount of CRO to get the best benefits?

€250,000 for the best benefits. Small beans for us crypto millionaires right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

What alts are you thinking?

You really, really don't want my financial advice, I'd recommend asking omeone who is more in the know than I.

At a push I think sensible picks could be: LINK, BNB, SOL.

If you want something a bit more risky WINK & WAVES.

Pure speculation on my part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

OEP wrote: »
    Scumbags for wanting you to pay for their product?

Scumbags for only allowing premium customers to withdraw, even though all/regular customers are already paying an extortionate 1.5% fee to buy/sell through them

Edit: it's actually 2.5% lol, and you can't even withdraw YOUR assets that YOU bought and paid them ridiculous fees for. Can't stake your crypto you buy through them, can't get loans on it, pointless and only used by people too lazy to sign up for proper crypto exchanges, something which has never been easier to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭OEP

HGVRHKYY wrote: »
    Scumbags for only allowing premium customers to withdraw, even though all/regular customers are already paying an extortionate 1.5% fee to buy/sell through them

Edit: it's actually 2.5% lol, and you can't even withdraw YOUR assets that YOU bought and paid them ridiculous fees for. Can't stake your crypto you buy through them, can't get loans on it, pointless and only used by people too lazy to sign up for proper crypto exchanges, something which has never been easier to do

Yea but you know full well what you're getting yourself in for. I don't know why anyone would buy with them but they're not scumbags for not allowing free users have all the benefits of premium. Stop being cheap and pay for stuff

Coinbase surely have an option to download all your transaction history in one file, this is usually the quickest way people calculate taxes by then uploading that file to the likes of koinly

OEP wrote: »
    Yea but you know full well what you're getting yourself in for. I don't know why anyone would buy with them but they're not scumbags for not allowing free users have all the benefits of premium. Stop being cheap and pay for stuff

I don't use their **** service, so not paying for them is not being 'cheap'. Using objectively better services with better fees and offerings is also not being cheap, it's being smart with your money so it goes further

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭OEP

I don't use their **** service, so not paying for them is not being 'cheap'. Using objectively better services with better fees and offerings is also not being cheap, it's being smart with your money so it goes further

So what's your issue? They offer a service if you want to pay for it you can. Hardly makes them scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Jafin

For Coinbase just log in on PC, then click your name in the top right corner, click Reports and then you can generate a report that you can download. You might be able to do it on the mobile app, but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I dont even remember what price Im supposed to be expecting to see on ETH when I check the price anymore, I have to look at the 1H candles to see whats happening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Thargor wrote: »
    I dont even remember what price Im supposed to be expecting to see on ETH when I check the price anymore, I have to look at the 1H candles to see whats happening :D

This is all I can see anymore:

ImLSox0.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

My eth holding just flipped my btc holding, you love to see it

Same thing happened me today too, eth now my biggest non-ETF holding. Just ahead of bitcoin now, despite investing close to double the amount in btc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭SummerK

FFVII wrote: »

That’s a week old news. Looks like ETH will cross 3k € tomorrow.

Ethereum breaks $3400!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I've been absolutely slammed with work the past 2 days and just checked my crypto now. Genuinely amazed at the speed ETH is going at.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭SummerK

Doge is up 25%. Currently at 0.4€ 😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

If BTC could jump on the bandwagon that would be great....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

ShaneU wrote: »
    If BTC could jump on the bandwagon that would be great....

Stop being greedy. Let everyone else have a turn :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭crushproof

Went 100% back into BTC around 6 months ago. Kicking myself seeing the value of ETH now.

Now wondering to hold on or jump back to ETH and LTC

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mastroianni

just bought ADA Cardano, any thoughts?

It's been mostly stable for a few months. Going to break out eventually so I think a good purchase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

crushproof wrote: »
    Went 100% back into BTC around 6 months ago. Kicking myself seeing the value of ETH now.

Now wondering to hold on or jump back to ETH and LTC

I'm surprised at the price of eth - who knows where it is going to go but I think next while I see more upside in eth than in btc.

Hard to know though.

Sell a btc buy 20 eth just as a guide - btc doubles - eth trebles for example - can buy back the btc and you still have your 20 eth...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

A mate has 400,000 of them - bought in at 8 cents - he's convinced it will be 10$ at some point - when would be my question...big africa deal going on - all seems positive but again who knows and also how long it will take to get there.

I'd be happy to see ADA hit 2$ never mind 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Doge just hit an all time high - can't decide whether to sell or Hold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Doge just hit an all time high - can't decide whether to sell or Hold.

Could build all week as Elon Musk is hosting Saturday Night Live this weekend.
    I'm planning on selling 1,000 dogecoins before I go to sleep on Saturday and gonna take the rest for a ride to the moon!

I'm expecting DOGE to pump further after his SNL appearance

Could build all week as Elon Musk is hosting Saturday Night Live this weekend.
    I'm planning on selling 1,000 dogecoins before I go to sleep on Saturday and gonna take the rest for a ride to the moon!

I was thinking of selling about 10,000 myself as that would more that cover my original investment (I bought at .04) I always said I'd hodl but it's tempting when it's going so high. I

• Advertisement

Up 10,900% on the last of my Doge lol, can't believe I feel regret for not investing most of my money into Doge instead of BTC/ETH

Up 10,900% on the last of my Doge lol, can't believe I feel regret for not investing most of my money into Doge instead of BTC/ETH

Who'd have thought - I threw some profit from BTC at Doge earlier this year and I'm delighted with myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

The Guvnor wrote: »
    A mate has 400,000 of them - bought in at 8 cents - he's convinced it will be 10$ at some point - when would be my question...big africa deal going on - all seems positive but again who knows and also how long it will take to get there.

Woah they was a hefty investment to begin with.. $32k into ADA at 0.08c :eek:

The Guvnor wrote: »

Hope he's staking it all. ADA still has a while to go, I wouldn't sell much this cycle at all but I think by 2024/2025 it'll really be coming into its own and should easily be able to go >$10, will be interesting to see how things play out for them since they're already working on getting adoption from governments. This cycle if it hits $3-5 I'd be delighted

I missed the Doge train

Well done those who invested it a while ago. I might put some money in it during the bear market for the craic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Congrats, it's a stupid coin but the gains have been mind-blowing

Mined most of my Doge back in the day, also paid a few hundred quid for a few hundred thousand from some guy on Reddit and never invested since. Thankfully I kept a bit for this mental run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Unearthly wrote: »
    I missed the Doge train

Well done those who invested it a while ago. I might put some money in it during the bear market for the craic

It's really caught the attention of the Gamestop crowd it seems, and has huge recognition now + Elon. Even in a bear market I'd say it will still have some crazy pumps due to all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Bought in at 24c and pulled out at 40c with doge,

Don't see the use case for it and also it reminds of me of GameStop shares beyond logic.

I sold 8% at .60 so I've recouped my investment. i still have large amount of coins and I'm happy now to let them ride as they are pure profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭crushproof

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Congrats, it's a stupid coin but the gains have been mind-blowing

Mined most of my Doge back in the day, also paid a few hundred quid for a few hundred thousand from some guy on Reddit and never invested since. Thankfully I kept a bit for this mental run.

Crikey you must be living on the moon by now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement