Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I would anticipate a dump in doge price right around the time of SNL, if not a little before. This is the pump anticipation of that and then there will be big sell offs.

But with Doge, who knows. It has a mind if its own, has no use case at all, mints millions of coins daily, yet it still goes up in price.

Honestly if you've made good money I would sell and take your profit. This balloon will definitely pop and pop bad. When is the question.

Best place to stake at present? Celsius looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Nice, the ethereum train is giving me an opportunity to top-up the bag before we go.

Slightly better rates on crypto.com if you're staked and willing to lock it up for 3 months. I moved ETH and BTC from Celsius back to CDC for 5.5 and 6.5%. Celsius was better but then reduced their rates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Have some usdt usdc and btc on waves exchange for 30% or so, ETH and usdt on mettalex yeild farming, cake defi and kava I'm looking at also for high return high risk returns. I've still half my crypto on cdc, and that's well enough just incase anything happened them lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Slightly better rates on crypto.com if you're staked and willing to lock it up for 3 months. I moved ETH and BTC from Celsius back to CDC for 5.5 and 6.5%. Celsius was better but then reduced their rates

I defo wouldn't be bothered swapping stuff back and forward for the sake of like 1% better interest, surely fees going to be alot more than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Nice, the ethereum train is giving me an opportunity to top-up the bag before we go.

Where ya going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭antimatterx

FFVII wrote: »
    Where ya going

To the moon I hope

Badly fukt wrote: »

Where you seeing those rates on ETH and BTC? I'm seeing 0.5% at best https://crypto.com/exchange/stake-and-earn/soft-staking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Where you seeing those rates on ETH and BTC? I'm seeing 0.5% at best https://crypto.com/exchange/stake-and-earn/soft-staking

You are looking at a different product.

What was being referred to is “Crypto Earn” in their App and your link refers to “soft staking” on their exchange.

See here: https://crypto.com/earn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

I'm new to crytpo buying and selling and crypto.com.

I bought 1000 dogecoins for just under €50, they're now worth €470.

When I go to sell my coins in crypto.com to my fiat wallet, i'm only getting €443.

Is that about right, that would mean a selling fee of around 6% which i thought was very high.

Am i doing something wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Link making a move...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm new to crytpo buying and selling and crypto.com.

I bought 1000 dogecoins for just under €50, they're now worth €470.

When I go to sell my coins in crypto.com to my fiat wallet, i'm only getting €443.

Is that about right, that would mean a selling fee of around 6% which i thought was very high.

Am i doing something wrong?

That's the bid/ask spread.
    I take it you are using the app rather than the exchange, the spread on the app is higher and it's how they offer "free" trades.

banie01 wrote: »
    That's the bid/ask spread.
    I take it you are using the app rather than the exchange, the spread on the app is higher and it's how they offer "free" trades.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes it's on the app.

I will only be making sparse purchases and selling of coins so thought it was the easiest way.

If i use the exchange, will it be alot cheaper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thanks for the reply.

Yes it's on the app.

I will only be making sparse purchases and selling of coins so thought it was the easiest way.

If i use the exchange, will it be alot cheaper?

It is the easiest way, (the app) that convenience has a little bit of cost built in to favour the app.
    Unless you're planning a lot of trading or have a plan for limit buys and sells?
    The exchange isn't going to gain you much and low volume trading via the app is still cheaper than Coinbase I think.

i wont be doing much trading, just random things here and there.

Just thought the €27 fee on €470 was a bit harsh, thought i was doing something wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

weemcd wrote: »
    Link making a move...

Up 8% today according to my blockfolio. I'd like to thank 4chan for the gains :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Up 8% today according to my blockfolio. I'd like to thank 4chan for the gains :)
    you sold? Good man

FFVII wrote: »
    you sold? Good man

Nope! Hodl :)

Why 4chan?

• Advertisement

Why 4chan?

/biz shilled it from the very beginning. Being honest it was a friend I heard about it from so I decided to have a look, I'm not a frequent user of 4chan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

And I was thinking of buying a few hundred quid of Doge last night. Up 37% today. Wouldn't have been a bad day-trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mastroianni

I think doge is merely speculation, good for trading only and make some profit. I'd focus on more robust projects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Jesus doge at €0.46 this is truly clown world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Jesus doge at €0.46 this is truly clown world

While you were sleeping it is at €0.56 now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Amik

While you were sleeping it is at €0.56 now :D

My first ride to the moon after sitting on Stellar for ages! I bought DOGE at 34 cents on Monday. I think it can break 1 USD by the weekend when Elon appears on Saturday Night Live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭OEP

A bitcoin bull run, followed by an Ethereum bull run follows by the alts going nuts feels familiar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I bought DOGE at 8c and sold it yesterday at 55c.
    Happy with my gains and invested those profits in HBAR.

This is like the dot com bubble all over again. New investors FOMO'ing into the crazy ATS. The problem is when DOGE collapses it could scare all those investors out of crypto space in general, just like the ENRON situation with Generation X'ers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Amik wrote: »
    My first ride to the moon after sitting on Stellar for ages! I bought DOGE at 34 cents on Monday. I think it can break 1 USD by the weekend when Elon appears on Saturday Night Live.

And then what? I bought some on Monday as well and thinking of selling next Sunday or Monday before the drop..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

aido79 wrote: »
    And then what? I bought some on Monday as well and thinking of selling next Sunday or Monday before the drop..

I bought a small amount at 0.6 I'll cash out 2/3s after Saturday if it goes high. The rest i'll keep in just for fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

I bought a small amount at 0.6 I'll cash out 2/3s after Saturday if it goes high. The rest i'll keep in just for fun.

I'm going to do something like that too. Hedge my bets in case it does go to the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭duefrine

It's mad, just got some doge this morning @ 0.53 euro per coin.... Just in it for the ride...

Not so long ago, sold all I had @ 0.07 euro per coin, lesson learned.... If Elon is talking about it, keep or buy it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭crushproof

duefrine wrote: »
    It's mad, just got some doge this morning @ 0.53 euro per coin.... Just in it for the ride...

Not so long ago, sold all I had @ 0.07 euro per coin, lesson learned.... If Elon is talking about it, keep or buy it.....

I think I made $30 months ago from selling the small amount of Doge I had. Eurgh.
    Very very belatedly picked some up yesterday, looking for a small gain at least but pittance compared to what I could have if I held initially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I sold out of DOGE just before the last drop after hodling for about 3 years, so a very tidy profit.
    Just bought back in again this morning and will hold until SNL and then get the hell out of DOdGE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Only dabbling myself lately and bought my first crypto last week all of 80 Doge at 0.20 and then an 150 at 0.48. Not a bad first experience just wish I had gone in for more at the start and added a couple of 00s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭BrandonBay86

14,000,000 doge minted in the last 24 hours. And the next. In fact every 24 hours, for infinity.

It’s a fork of a fork of bitcoin that has had no maintenance in 2 years , so as much of a joke as it is, it bodes well for bitcoin in a funny way.

It’s grand for a fomo flutter (which ironically is what is causing the pump) However it’s terrifying to see people lumping in 10/20k at these levels and expecting it to go to $100. They can’t do simple math.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

14,000,000 doge minted in the last 24 hours. And the next. In fact every 24 hours, for infinity.
    It’s a fork of a fork of bitcoin that has had no maintenance in 2 years , so as much of a joke as it is, it bodes well for bitcoin in a funny way.

It’s grand for a fomo flutter (which ironically is what is causing the pump) However it’s terrifying to see people lumping in 10/20k at these levels and expecting it to go to $100. They can’t do simple math.

Aye I don't expect that but pulling my stake plus a % soon and then will flutter with the profits maybe, have since bought some more stable coins like LTC, Eth and BTC. A failed flutter on ADA and XRP I had to stop some losses on those

What channel & time is SNL on does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Jafin

It's on NBC in the US I believe. Google says 11:30pm ET, which is 4:30am Sunday morning for us if I'm not mistaken.

Looks like NBC

Saturday Night Live airs on Saturdays at 11:30 pm ET/8:30 pm PT.

https://collider.com/is-snl-new-tonight-season-46/#:~:text=Saturday%20Night%20Live%20airs%20on,stream%20on%20Peacock%20and%20Hulu.

• Advertisement

Jafin wrote: »
    It's on NBC in the US I believe. Google says 11:30pm ET, which is 4:30am Sunday morning for us if I'm not mistaken.

Jaysus not a hope I'll stay up for 4:30am. SNL is really, really terrible btw

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Amik

Everyone asking for DOGE content on SNL!

Amik wrote: »
    Everyone asking for DOGE content on SNL!

Given the huge expectations, you wouldn't put it past him to say absolutely nothing about DOGE on SNL.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭BrandonBay86

You can bet it’ll be a typical case of buy the rumour sell the news.

You can bet it’ll be a typical case of buy the rumour sell the news.

Yep, I personally wouldn't be holding DOGE the farside of SNL. I got in last week for a bit of craic at 0.32 and got out this morning at 0.60.

Of course there's every chance Elon on SNL could send this rocketing past a dollar on Sunday, but I'm thinking the SNL thing is priced into the current action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

but I'm thinking the SNL thing is priced into the current action.

I'm not so sure, to me it feels more like the heady days of when XRP went on a run due to everyone and his mother talking about it.

Yep, I personally wouldn't be holding DOGE the farside of SNL. I got in last week for a bit of craic at 0.32 and got out this morning at 0.60.

Of course there's every chance Elon on SNL could send this rocketing past a dollar on Sunday, but I'm thinking the SNL thing is priced into the current action.

On the flip side...

We all know DOGE and so does everyone in the crypto space. However, the majority of SNL viewers are unlikely in the crypto space. One mention from Elon, and millions more people suddenly hear about DOGE.

Whatever about a mention sending the price surging, I expect DOGE to be trending next Sunday.

GreeBo wrote: »
    I'm not so sure, to me it feels more like the heady days of when XRP went on a run due to everyone and his mother talking about it.

True. You (I) just don't know what's going to happen. With this Elon/DOGE thing, we are through the looking glass and there is no precedent (from my knowledge) in crypto for this.

What are the viewership figures for SNL? Does no one else realise it's on the most unfunny shows out there?

What are the viewership figures for SNL? Does no one else realise it's on the most unfunny shows out there?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement