Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

crushproof wrote: »
    What are the viewership figures for SNL? Does no one else realise it's on the most unfunny shows out there?

Quick search here says it reached a 3 year high in November 2020 with 9 million viewers. Average probably 6/7m?

https://ew.com/tv/saturday-night-live-ratings-election/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Is this peak Crypto now ?

Is this not absolutely insane that people are going crazy for a "joke" coin on whether a billionaire mentions it or not on a comedy sketch show :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Ugh!
    Ok, so who sold DOGE 10 cents below market value and triggered my stop loss trades?! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

GreeBo wrote: »
    Ugh!
    Ok, so who sold DOGE 10 cents below market value and triggered my stop loss trades?! :(

Stop losses can be triggered by really long wicks down. Bots, market makers, whales sometimes go stop loss hunting the same way they liquidate leveraged traders

All part and parcel of the wild west crypto trade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

GreeBo wrote: »
    Ugh!

Sounds like a scam wick, same happened me on Kraken a month or so ago with Storj. Although not as bulletproof you're better off getting a portfolio tracker like block folio and just setting price alerts for when a coin goes up or down. That way you can assess the situation yourself before selling.

Now obviously this is no help if big price action happens while you're asleep but you have to switch off sometime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Is this not absolutely insane that people are going crazy for a "joke" coin on whether a billionaire mentions it or not on a comedy sketch show :eek::eek:

Yeah, even though I've made ridiculous returns from it, I think the whole thing is a piss take, can't stop thinking that all the time and effort gone into deciding on which other cryptos to invest in hasn't netted me even close to similar returns. But that's crypto, there'll always be random, silly manic surprises in each bull run

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

So, sell DOGE on Saturday night... or wake up with either a hangover or a Lambo on Sunday morning? :pac:

I have a bag of them, but nothing compared to the monster bag I had on Cryptopia. *sobs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Feed every gorilla. HODL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Carbon125

Dades wrote: »
    So, sell DOGE on Saturday night... or wake up with either a hangover or a Lambo on Sunday morning? :pac:
    Better sell Saturday night. Musk might well say something like "I think Tesla and DOGE are overvalued." Remember, he has done it before...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Revolut going to announce tomorrow that they will allow bitcoin withdrawals.

https://decrypt.co/69763/revolut-launches-bitcoin-withdrawals

BCH going crazy today. Up 40%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Im wondering why nobody is suggesting Musk will mention bitcoin? I have a feeling it'll be in a skit where hes trying to purchase something and he asks if they accept bitcoin and then doge or something. Its too big of a marketing opportunity for the SNL team. Especially for the writers and stars. The skit will go worldwide even if it's ****e.

I've just boarded my latest crypto train...

BTT

CHOO! CHOO!

I don't know guys, investing in something that will crash if a billionaire says "Dogs are stupid, I prefer cats" just seems a bit insane ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

I don't know guys, investing in something that will crash if a billionaire says "Dogs are stupid, I prefer cats" just seems a bit insane ha
    just for the day for the crack like, then back as you were

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

So i'd quite invested in both XRP and ADA but via Revolut. Decided earlier this afternoon that now was the right time to cash it in and move over to Binance. The funds won't hit bank account until tomorrow, fine shouldn't be an issue.

Just checked there at current prices... **** my life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I've just boarded my latest crypto train...

BTT

CHOO! CHOO!

Made a few hundred profit on Cardano today so used it to by BTT - hopefully this will prove to be be a good move. Also, put sell orders in for Doge at .66, .76 and .86.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Same as 2017 but even more people shilled into it nowadays, it's to be expected. Memes about it will slowly creep into everything barely associated to it (even more than now) and that'll be a moment the people who despise it don't want, yet it keeps getting worse for them.

RIP JF

Fiat will always become more worthless. It's not an option, it's a guarantee, it's built-in. When crypto's price drops 70-80% next time(2022-2023?), I'd happily lay a 10 ETH bet that it'll be doing better by 2025 than fiat. Again. Money sponge always wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Regarding Musk and SNL I think there is legal things involved as what he came say as an owner of that coin.
    I could be wrong but didn't guy the behind the GME run get called to speak to SEC or gov.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Some jump going now.

I know I was told not to call it but...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Doge is gambling, not investing. Just remember that and you'll be grand.

In fact, most crypto is gambling. Most people haven't a clue and are warped by the history.
    Talking about a crash is due, and the bear/bull season, as if this things are predictable and known.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Regarding Musk and SNL I think there is legal things involved as what he came say as an owner of that coin.
    I could be wrong but didn't guy the behind the GME run get called to speak to SEC or gov.

Crypto isn't regulated by the SEC. That's why Musk is free to say DOGE is great on Twitter but got in hot water for talking about Tesla business decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Any meme coin candidates that you would gamble on today? What currency will some random celebrity find funny to meme up 10,000%?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

Anybody heard of WOO coin ? its seems to be a DEFI trading platform on the ethereum network , its main thing is that is has no trading fees and all that jazz.

Seen some people on twitter going all in on this project so curious if anybody else has knowledge of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Glad I got in on eth at the beginning when was low.€50 gives a nice tidy profit in a year Hopefully keeps rising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Fnz wrote: »
    Any meme coin candidates that you would gamble on today? What currency will some random celebrity find funny to meme up 10,000%?
    Theres a ****coin thread on here that has tons of them. Also a boards telegram group thats basically a ****coin group now. You shoudl be able to egt the telegram details in that thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Someone lit a fire under bitcoin cash - up almost 18%. €1134 now. Not bad for a freebie.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

eth classic up 230% this week, 40% on the day. the last time I heard any talk about it was because of this -

https://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-classic-blockchain-subject-to-yet-another-51-attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Made a few hundred profit on Cardano today so used it to by BTT - hopefully this will prove to be be a good move. Also, put sell orders in for Doge at .66, .76 and .86.

Rolled some Ada into BTT too today.
    Still have @60% of my portfolio in BTC but have been playing with a lot of ALTs this week and cursing ever selling the 250000 doge at 0.08 and ETC at $15 last year!
    Still, I keep telling myself that profit is profit ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

banie01 wrote: »
    Still have @60% of my portfolio in BTC but have been playing with a lot of ALTs this week and cursing ever selling the 250000 doge at 0.08 and ETC at $15 last year!

Exactly, we can all look back and say "what if" but if we had hindsight we'd all be millionaires. Sold some doge at .66 last night - still holding a fair bit so hoping for "the score", fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Lip Out

Sold 50% of my ADA yesterday when it reached $1.45. Also sold all of my EOS when it reached $8. Highs of $1.69 and $12.56 respectively since. :mad:

I've held onto Tezos for almost a year(June 19th 2020) but nice to see it making some moves. Although link was £3.29 back then so I did back the wrong horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Lip Out wrote: »
    Sold 50% of my ADA yesterday when it reached $1.45. Also sold all of my EOS when it reached $8. Highs of $1.69 and $12.56 respectively since. :mad:

ADA won't be adopted this bull cycle it seems anyway. Bsc has proven to be the only real eth competitor so far but its CeDefi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

mdmix wrote: »
    eth classic up 230% this week, 40% on the day. the last time I heard any talk about it was because of this -

https://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-classic-blockchain-subject-to-yet-another-51-attack

Most likely from new crypto buyers buying the wrong one.

That hurts to even read!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

HGVRHKYY wrote: »
    That hurts to even read!

Not at all.
    I got in at 0.037 and getting out at 0.08 was more than double the cash.
    No point in aftertiming trades or anyone who has been in crypto a while would go mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Not at all.
    I got in at 0.037 and getting out at 0.08 was more than double the cash.
    No point in aftertiming trades or anyone who has been in crypto a while would go mental.

Yea if you could predict the future you would be a multi millionaire with cryto.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

nathan99 wrote: »
    Anybody heard of WOO coin ? its seems to be a DEFI trading platform on the ethereum network , its main thing is that is has no trading fees and all that jazz.

Seen some people on twitter going all in on this project so curious if anybody else has knowledge of it.

Crying out for Uma Thurman to shill it.
    WOO HOO uhuhu WOO HOO uhuhu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Crying out for Uma Thurman to shill it.
    WOO HOO uhuhu WOO HOO uhuhu

Ric Flair surely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mastroianni

buy ADA CARDANO!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

buy ADA CARDANO!

Why

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Amik

WOW Such acting. Much humour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

FFVII wrote: »
    Why

Because they bought it earlier and want to sell to somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Amik wrote: »

Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Couple hundred thousand sats stacked there for the week.

Stock to flow model price: $55512.06
    Bitcoin price today: $56527.00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

I know it's a sham but is anyone thinking of dealing a same bit into Doge for when Elon starts mentioning it tomorrow evening?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

garrkell wrote: »
    I know it's a sham but is anyone thinking of dealing a same bit into Doge for when Elon starts mentioning it tomorrow evening?

General thinking is buy the rumour, sell the news.

Will be interesting to see how that works out this time.

Amik wrote: »

He's always wearing that stupid bandana instead of an actual mask, they don't do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mastroianni

Lip Out wrote: »
    Ada will grow slowly but inexorably: it's a very solid project and they want to replace banking systems in countries where, actually, there is not.
    It won't explode all of sudden.
    I put 1000$ and some other amount in staking always in Binance.

Anyway I'm struggling with Trust Wallet and pancake swap: is it work ONLY with BNB (binance smart chain)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement