Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

I know we all have our favourite ALTs that we have our money backing but at this stage im considering a separate option of throwing a 10er on the each of the top 20 and seeing what net I get on that over the next few months.

I remember reading at one point if you did that in September 2017 you would gained around 2.5 to 3k,might be possible to gain that amount in 6 months from now if the bulls keeps pushing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

sexmag wrote: »
    I know we all have our favourite ALTs that we have our money backing but at this stage im considering a separate option of throwing a 10er on the each of the top 20 and seeing what net I get on that over the next few months.

I remember reading at one point if you did that in September 2017 you would gained around 2.5 to 3k,might be possible to gain that amount in 6 months from now if the bulls keeps pushing

Some of the alt coin worth made no sense during the last bull market. There were ALTs with no actual working product that a market cap similar to massive real world companies. Hard to see that happening again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Some of the alt coin worth made no sense during the last bull market. There were ALTs with no actual working product that a market cap similar to massive real world companies. Hard to see that happening again

With BTC after dropping should we withdraw money into alts which are rising at the moment and then reinvest in BTC later

or

Move money from ALts by buying the dip in BTC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The whole market is irrational. That run had little to do with working products, it was a frenzy to second-guess the next alt to shoot up. All that second-guessing and flood of new buyers clicking the buy button at any price meant that everything went parabolic

That said, once something like that happens, the cat is out of the bag, in my experience these things rarely repeat themselves exactly, there's always some unexpected twist or deviation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You have to remember all the media stories last time around were about Bitcoin millionaires who bought for half nothing. Everyone thought they had missed the bitcoin boat and were looking for the "next bitcoin" which drove up every ****e coin.

That's why any Alt coin seemed to be worth a punt, people thought sure I can buy 1000 tron for a tenner and if it gets to 1k I'll retire.

This time is different. It's less about the price going mental and more about being the most useful coin. Which will become the most valuable.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    The whole market is irrational. That run had little to do with working products, it was a frenzy to second-guess the next alt to shoot up. All that second-guessing and flood of new buyers clicking the buy button at any price meant that everything went parabolic

That said, once something like that happens, the cat is out of the bag, in my experience these things rarely repeat themselves exactly, there's always some unexpected twist or deviation

I did what I had promised myself I wouldn't do again.
    I sold an under performing alt back to BTC to try catch the wave. BTC then stalled and the alt shot up.

I did what I had promised myself I wouldn't do again.
    I sold an under performing alt back to BTC to try catch the wave. BTC then stalled and the alt shot up.

Hard luck, it mostly seems a game of chance in the short run

I force myself to never buy once the market is in any way bullish, and only to buy when it's in the dregs of a bear, when every second comment in here is about how it's all going to zero. But obviously yeah that's a grim patience thing, I read about this **** on a daily basis, but I don't have the know-how (or balls) to buy and sell on a regular basis

I'm just surprised the whole thing isn't red after such strong gains, but maybe that's coming shortly, who knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I personally keep away from ALTs generally.

BTC & ETH my only holdings.

Briefly held LTC / XRP / BAT but none of those are digital gold.

Hard luck, it mostly seems a game of chance in the short run

I force myself to never buy once the market is in any way bullish, and only to buy when it's in the dregs of a bear, when every second comment in here is about how it's all going to zero. But obviously yeah that's a grim patience thing, I read about this **** on a daily basis, but I don't have the know-how (or balls) to buy and sell on a regular basis

I'm just surprised the whole thing isn't red after such strong gains, but maybe that's coming shortly, who knows

Buying when others are selling and panicking is the only job.
    To have the bottle and belief to do so too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Come out of it, you just got new suspension on the lada.!

vargoo wrote: »
    Come out of it, you just got new suspension on the lada.!

Jaysus I am bring watched

Bit of movement again on BTC/USDT

Going to pass 11 k again

Jaysus I am bring watched

I have 11 of 12 words of your wallet code - aero, seven, never, strike, apple, behind, foreskin, topic, cycle, grass and car....

I think we'll be crossing previous ATH sooner than most expect.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/0624/1057189-bitcoin-gains/

Theirs the dip

vargoo wrote: »
    Theirs the dip

Up half a percent on the hour, seems to be holding just below 11k. Rest of the market just "hovering"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Deub

You could also buy 10 euros of the cryptos that Bakkt will follow (most of them are in the top 20 anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Deub wrote: »
    You could also buy 10 euros of the cryptos that Bakkt will follow (most of them are in the top 20 anyway).

If they ever get it off the ground. ..

Yup, alts were possibly over-inflated. Wouldn't write them off yet by any stretch though, a case of wait and see

Yup, alts were possibly over-inflated. Wouldn't write them off yet by any stretch though, a case of wait and see

Id be happy to see 95% of shïtcoins die off

Id be happy to see 95% of shïtcoins die off

All in good time :-)

Bitcoin skeptic turned proponent.

Joe Kernan, Anchor - CNBC Squawkbox.

"Libra is currency for corporations. Bitcoin is currency for the people."

(oh, and just to add, FIAT is currency for governments!).

What exactly is Baakt. I've been on their website and I'm no further advanced. Is it a custody service?

• Advertisement

What exactly is Baakt. I've been on their website and I'm no further advanced. Is it s custody service?

It's a company which has been set up by the ICE - the owners of the New York Stock Exchange. They plan to open Bitcoin futures with a test of the system supposed to happen next month (we'll see!).

Unlike CME futures, they will be physically settled. That's the important part...as it means they have to go out onto the market and physically buy Bitcoin (which is not the case with CME futures). There are also other aspects to the deal - with a hookup with Microsoft and Starbucks.

Some of the analysts I work with who typically dismiss crypto as ponzi are now complaining about not buying some Bitcoin 6 months ago

It's a company which has been set up by the ICE - the owners of the New York Stock Exchange. They plan to open Bitcoin futures with a test of the system supposed to happen next month (we'll see!).

Unlike CME futures, they will be physically settled. That's the important part...as it means they have to go out onto the market and physically buy Bitcoin (which is not the case with CME futures). There are also other aspects to the deal - with a hookup with Microsoft and Starbucks.

Will they just be dealing with Bitcoin. What's the relevance of Microsoft and Starbucks to Bitcoin futures.

Some of the analysts I work with who typically dismiss crypto as ponzi are now complaining about not buying some Bitcoin 6 months ago

What do ye be analysing?

Will they just be dealing with Bitcoin. What's the relevance of Microsoft and Starbucks to Bitcoin futures.

They will start with Bitcoin. Those sort of products - they're not going to bother with any other crypto right now. When the market starts to mature a bit more, they will - and I think they more or less said as much.

Microsoft and Starbucks - google it and have a read. Nothing to do with futures- but thats the point. Potential for greater eco-system benefits.

• Advertisement

They will start with Bitcoin. Those sort of products - they're not going to bother with any other crypto right now. When the market starts to mature a bit more, they will - and I think they more or less said as much.

Microsoft and Starbucks - google it and have a read. Nothing to do with futures- but thats the point. Potential for greater eco-system benefits.

https://www.livemint.com/Money/XVihGhu0PX5Scl1qADOdbJ/NYSE-owner-announces-Bitcoin-venture-Bakkt-with-Starbucks.html

Found this on Baakt/Starbucks etc.
    So any coins associated from here on with Baakt are basically being endorced by ICE and this should encourage people to invest in these coins

So any coins associated from here on with Baakt are basically being endorced by ICE and this should encourage people to invest in these coins
    I'm not sure to what extent you would consider it as an 'endorsement'. It would probably be more of an endorsement of the market for that particular coin - that it has reached a level that justifies it being traded via futures contracts.

In case anyone is interested Marvin.ie accept BTC again for payments

In case anyone is interested Marvin.ie accept BTC again for payments

Could end up being one expensive Indian ha

What do ye be analysing?

Banks, markets, financial instruments, credit ratings, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Deub

I'm not sure to what extent you would consider it as an 'endorsement'. It would probably be more of an endorsement of the market for that particular coin - that it has reached a level that justifies it being traded via futures contracts.

They have listed 58 cryptos that will be in their data feed:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ICEDataServices/status/1106177919175532544

What impact it will have on these cryptos is the big unknown.

They have listed 58 cryptos that will be in their data feed:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ICEDataServices/status/1106177919175532544

What impact it will have on these cryptos is the big unknown.

ICE have listed them via their data services. Nasdaq and others have similar data up n' running. However, to the best of my knowledge, Bakkt has not proposed any other crypto for a futures contract. They will do well to get this one off the ground. That said, these guys will trade anything if there's money in it....so others will follow if there's a demand and they feel they can get it past regulators.

Lets see how Bitcoin Futures testing goes on July 22nd. If the market can keep its sh1t together until then, perhaps it will help maintain the enthusiasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Treetree

Pity stellar isn't doing as good as most of the rest of the top 10 or so. Related to that, anyone on here have a reddit account that has posted to r/stellar in the past? If you do, PM me (random I know!)

Vechain announced some partnership with PWC to handle Walmart food tracking.

Giant green candle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Wow hitting off 10k euros now.. Last chance to get it cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Wow hitting off 10k euros now.. Last chance to get it cheap.

Yeah just saw that. My gut feeling still is that it needs to drop a thousand or 2 before it can go higher, but I don’t know that drop doesn’t seem to be coming.

Cant buy anymore until tomorrow,the wait is killing me

Hashrate mooning.

https://www.blockchain.com/en/charts/hash-rate

Just bought my last tenth...

Will reach 10k euro within the hour and then theee will be a push back to 8.5/9k

At this point I don't care what it does... absolutely bots will be selling at 10k but also a load of long trades will come in now..

Made 9983 and then dipped, the long orders were sitting pretty under 10k, will make there soon.

Long game BTC seems like the safest bet, as was said before most of the ALTs were way over inflated during the 17/18 influx and any FOMO that happens now will put newbie/previous 1 time buyers in the BTC category

Made 9983 and then dipped, the long orders were sitting pretty under 10k, will make there soon.

Long game BTC seems like the safest bet, as was said before most of the ALTs were way over inflated during the 17/18 influx and any FOMO that happens now will put newbie/previous 1 time buyers in the BTC category

I think it did briefly break 10000 euros on some exchanges (if coingecko is to be believed). Probably triggered some pending sell orders at that price as you mention.

A lot of SEPAs and transfers would have arrived today possibly helping (re)boost price, will be interesting to see how it goes for the rest of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭rapul

I defo seen it break 10k euro on binance

• Advertisement

Testing 10k again right now. 9979 currently listed on Bitstamp for the BTC/EUR pair.

You can see the order book without loging-in.

A largish sale order at exactly 10000 is currently preventing it from going any higher. I guess they’d be similar things on other exchange.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement